Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

sven spent all that money, Nigels spent no where near as much an he still got us top this season an the quality is so much better than previous years. where has swapping and changing managers got us before?

Yes you are correct about Sven spending money...why hasn't Pearson used this squad Sven bought?? Danns is a good player, Nugents done well!

What happened to Gelson Fernandes??

Oh, he only went to play for Udinese helped then qualify for the champions league finishing 4th in Serie A!!! But no! Drinkwater and Matty James are far better !!! Why not try persuade good talent to stay !!

Why are fans forgetting things like this!

They won't look like idiots in a couple of weeks if Burton turn us over again.

If that happens, there really would be no way back for Pearson. But could Hughes or Di Matteo do any better with this group of players?

This comment is extremely harsh . I can't believe there's people out there that don't want to question pearsons ability to get leicester promoted..please open your eyes !!!!!!

Yes it was 'ridiculous' to discuss Pearson's future last season, or three games into this season. However to say, one year after his return and after substantial investment in his own new-look squad, that people who question his future are 'idiots' is plain blinkered.

I believe he should remain in the job and be allowed to make some changes in January. Yet he can't 'splash the cash', because every new manager we've had for fifteen years - save Adams and Kelly - has wanted to replace the squad he inherited. If Pearson slips to mid-table obscurity as Sven did - and that's beginning to look possible - then he would be rightly fired. If he were to have spent big money in January beforehand this could ruin our club.

So there's a very sensible reason for people wanting Pearson out; namely, that if this squad is short of the quality required for promotion and he can't be trusted to spend money wisely, then we can't allow him the sort of luxury we granted Sven in summer 2011. Okay, so I favour sticking with him. Why? Promotion in 2009, play-offs on a budget in 2010, his squad building at Hull, the drawbacks of changing manager mid-season and the improved league position in comparison to last season. And, for the aforementioned reasons, I'd give him a modest budget to play with and run the risk that, come March, it could have all gone wrong once more.

But some will look at twelve points from ten games and come to another, perfectly reasonable conclusion. Pearson would be wise to stop taking exception to every criticism coming from the stands or the media, stop giving the impression (even if it's only an impression) that the more you question Vardy or call for Futacs and Schlupp or wonder about the physicality of the midfield the more he'll stick to his guns... and remember that the board may well soon come to agree with those who are already saying it's not good enough.

Very nicely put inckley fox!

It might be his stubbornness and faith in certain players and his predictable tactics which frustrate us fans that have clearly had enough.

I get the impression he is a proud man and a man of principles who rarely admits to getting it wrong. But not all leicester fans should have this blind faith. As much as its nice to support your team through and through and never give in etc etc...you also need to take a step back , look at the situation and evaluate where we are going.

It's Christmas and there's maybe a 25% chance of getting promoted.

I think the expectation should be a 50-60% chance at this stage with the squad we've got.

So I think Pearson is failing in trying to get us up!

Just my opinion, doesn't make me an idiot

Yes it was 'ridiculous' to discuss Pearson's future last season, or three games into this season. However to say, one year after his return and after substantial investment in his own new-look squad, that people who question his future are 'idiots' is plain blinkered.

I believe he should remain in the job and be allowed to make some changes in January. Yet he can't 'splash the cash', because every new manager we've had for fifteen years - save Adams and Kelly - has wanted to replace the squad he inherited. If Pearson slips to mid-table obscurity as Sven did - and that's beginning to look possible - then he would be rightly fired. If he were to have spent big money in January beforehand this could ruin our club.

So there's a very sensible reason for people wanting Pearson out; namely, that if this squad is short of the quality required for promotion and he can't be trusted to spend money wisely, then we can't allow him the sort of luxury we granted Sven in summer 2011. Okay, so I favour sticking with him. Why? Promotion in 2009, play-offs on a budget in 2010, his squad building at Hull, the drawbacks of changing manager mid-season and the improved league position in comparison to last season. And, for the aforementioned reasons, I'd give him a modest budget to play with and run the risk that, come March, it could have all gone wrong once more.

But some will look at twelve points from ten games and come to another, perfectly reasonable conclusion. Pearson would be wise to stop taking exception to every criticism coming from the stands or the media, stop giving the impression (even if it's only an impression) that the more you question Vardy or call for Futacs and Schlupp or wonder about the physicality of the midfield the more he'll stick to his guns... and remember that the board may well soon come to agree with those who are already saying it's not good enough.

Great post...

:thumbup:

I personally feel we are underachieving but not my a long margin, NP isn't doing himself any favors with recent poor results to be quite frank we have been off the boil for some time now.

To save his bacon we need to beat Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield imo is that realistic tbh I cannot see us getting perfect results till we get some players in so that is the predicament NP is in.

If we don't get 9 points I think he will be gone and a new manager can evaluate the situation.

I want us to play good football. Period.

Start of the season I freely admitted my admiration for Pearson (having been quite a critic), was even quite rude to dear old Col when he suggested things were amiss. We played some lovely stuff but, like an abusive husband, Pearson seems to have only been able to change his ways briefly. We've reverted to harrum scarrum stuff, what many see as loyalty to under performing players, others see as stubbornness.

sven spent all that money, Nigels spent no where near as much an he still got us top this season an the quality is so much better than previous years. where has swapping and changing managers got us before?

Pearson has still managed to spend the best part of 10 million since he came back. A bit less than Sven but still a huge amount for the division, so being joint 7th at this point has to be seen as underachievement.. I dont think there would be too much to gain from sacking him at this point. The division remains incredibly mediocre and with the right signings upfront and in midfield combined with a hefty slice of luck we could still challenge for the top two. It looks far more likely though that wel end up like the last two seasons as one of the dozen teams scrabbling about for the last two play off spots and that is tremendously dissapointing :thumbdown:

I personally feel we are underachieving but not my a long margin, NP isn't doing himself any favors with recent poor results to be quite frank we have been off the boil for some time now.

To save his bacon we need to beat Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield imo is that realistic tbh I cannot see us getting perfect results till we get some players in so that is the predicament NP is in.

If we don't get 9 points I think he will be gone and a new manager can evaluate the situation.

I can't work out if you're trolling or just very simple.

We were quality!! Why did Pearson make those substitutions? We were terrible after his changes.

If our chances had gone in, people would have been raving about that first half performance. I know it's an IF but i was really impressed with us in the first half. Although i was a little suprised by the subs, Lingaard didn't play badly, he obviously doesn't rate Futacs.

I can't work out if you're trolling or just very simple.

I am having a laugh lol but I do think we need to start producing the goods sooner rather than later and by that get some wins under our belt, so beating Hull, Burnley and Huddersfield although it may seem a tough proposition could hinge on NP's future at the club.

Whatever happens, we won't get or fail to get promotion, until May anyhow. Short terminism and deterministic thinking is floating around right now.

"We won't get playoffs at this rate" "12 points out of 10 games...close to relegation form"

Tell me, when we won 6 out of 7 did we all think we were going to win the league? No. Because it's a season of 46 games. You'll have good, bad and ugly runs.

All we can look at is where we are and where we've been under Pearson.

I.e Currently 5th, Top of the League, Good runs and good performances.

Unlike Sven's leicester, Pearson's leicester is capable of putting together a run and playing nice football. Yes we're in a blip. But we've demonstrated we can do better, I don't see why a lot of people are determined that it's all down hill from here onwards.

Archived