Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

No but you just wanted examples of player who've gone from the Championship to the Premier League. I think Drinkwater and De Laet can be solid Premier League players for a bottom half side like we would be.

No I wanted examples of young players who have come up from championship and have had succesful premiership careers !

Theo Walcott -please tell me how many games he played for Southampton

I really can't remember Bale ever playing in the championship !!!! Ha ha ( he might have played a few games but made his reputation in prem)

And oxlade chamberlain was never named in a championship 'team of the year'

I feel you point is flawed !

Did you know that Buffon and Del Piero played in Serie B!!! There famous for it!!

You wanted me to list players who've developed at Championship clubs and ended up in the Premier League, all the players I've listed did that playing at least 20 games below Premier League level. That was the question you answered and I've given you an answer, along with Fleckney Mike and Dan. No they didn't make their names in the Championship, but that isn't what you asked.

Theo Walcott -please tell me how many games he played for Southampton

I really can't remember Bale ever playing in the championship !!!! Ha ha ( he might have played a few games but made his reputation in prem)

And oxlade chamberlain was never named in a championship 'team of the year'

I feel you point is flawed !

Did you know that Buffon and Del Piero played in Serie B!!! There famous for it!!

Bale played 40 times. Walcott 21.

Bale played 40 times. Walcott 21.

Thanks for that!

I feel leicester fans have the belief that Pearson is going to nurture these young players into top class prem quality. I however don't think it'll happen. That's why we need to spend spend spend ££££

??

Pearsons expectations were different during his first spell at leicester !!

He has a different/better squad to work with and expectations are a lot higher!

He did an excellent job first time but we are the only team in the league spending vast amounts of money!!!!!!! There's no competition and I feel embarrassed for the Thai owners! Pearson is not the right man to take leicester to next level... In the prem all teams spend money and its competitive! We are the only team in championship paying big money for players

Isn't it your nap time?

Name even one. I dare you. One big money signing to compete with, say, Blackburn.

Seriously, the pond life on here...

No I wanted examples of young players who have come up from championship and have had succesful premiership careers !

Fine Sinclair, Jarvis, Moses, Carroll. Heck plenty of Leicester players did it under O'Neill.

Of course players move up the divisions with their clubs and do well.

Come Boxing Day we'll beat Hull and people will be saying "Nigel's the best manager we've ever had" too many fickle fans at this club!

I don't predict a win on boxing day .... but what i do predict is more grumbling about form and more happy clapping and very few in-between!!!

I feel leicester fans have the belief that Pearson is going to nurture these young players into top class prem quality

You must have missed the part where I said solid Premier League players. As in doing a good job like the players have done at Norwich, Swansea, Stoke and more successfull clubs who jumped from the Championship to the Premier League. Marshall, Drinkwater, De Laet, Knockaert, King, Waghorn, Schlupp, Kasper, all have the potential and hopefully will be able to make that jump with us.

You must have missed the part where I said solid Premier League players. As in doing a good job like the players have done at Norwich, Swansea, Stoke and more successfull clubs who jumped from the Championship to the Premier League. Marshall, Drinkwater, De Laet, Knockaert, King, Waghorn, Schlupp, Kasper, all have the potential and hopefully will be able to make that jump with us.

I hope your right bit I feel we need to get Paul Lambert to do that job..not sure NP has it in him

I hope your right bit I feel we need to get Paul Lambert to do that job..not sure NP had it in him

I'm going to stop talking to you now, because you're obviously not capable of rational thought.

I'm going to stop talking to you now, because you're obviously not capable of rational thought.

I hope you don't think I believe Paul lambert would come to leics? Just used his name as example of who can make young players into top class prem players

I don't think many of our players are cut out for the Premier League.

De Laet certainly isn't, as someone mentioned his name. Has had chances in the Premier League, but couldn't cut it. Drinkwater to me isn't ready yet, just thinking of him being up against Yaya Toure, Ramires, Gerrard is making me scared already. He sometimes struggles in the Championship, god knows how he would fare in the Premier League. Konchesky wouldn't cut it either, would be far too off the pace nowadays, our strikers maybe apart from Nugent would most likely be sold, let alone be given one chance to prove there worth at Premier League level.

The likes of Gareth Bale, Victor Moses, Matt Jarvis, Scott Sinclair, were all quality players in the Championship and were talked up a lot. How many of our players get talked up like the players you have mentioned, maybe Knockaert on some occasions, Morgan and Kasper and that's about it unfortunately.

Premier League keeps if we were promoted .....

Kasper

Morgan

Konchesky (squad)

St Lager

King (squad)

Knockout

Nugent

The worrying aspects of that list for me are two fold ..... The amount of new players we'd need, therefore the gap we have from being a premiership team, and the fact that most of the players there are Sven signings.

I'm sorry , now I don't think you get it!

If leicester get promoted they need to spend spend spend !!!!! I feel your prediction of these young players coming through is a nice thought but in reality will NOT happen.

It really is a shame leics sacked Sven because he would have attracted and persuaded the quality to come to leicester.

Now please name me a player that's been successful in the championship and is now a top class prem player !

Izzet & Heskey didn't do too badly after being youngsters in this division did they?

Kasper

Morgan

Konchesky (squad)

St Lager

King (squad)

Knockout

Nugent

The worrying aspects of that list for me are two fold ..... The amount of new players we'd need, therefore the gap we have from being a premiership team, and the fact that most of the players there are Sven signings.

Agree with st lager ,king and knockaert ..I actually rate Marshall too and I think konchesky has already proven he can hack it.

Credit Pearson for Knockers and Marshall!

Kasper

Morgan

Konchesky (squad)

St Lager

King (squad)

Knockout

Nugent

Agree with this, apart from Konchesky would be way off the pace, even against teams like Wigan say.

I would keep Drinkwater but wouldn't start him against most Premier League sides, he would get completely and utterly mauled.

Archived