Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine Dream

Next 7 games

With it looking likely that Cardiif away will be moved due to FA Cup 4th round and dependent on when its moved to, 5 of our next 7 games are at home. The two away games are Bristol City and Peterborough.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

Boro

Wolves

Peterborough

Blackburn

Charlton

We need to pick up a large amount of points from these games if we are serious about challenging for autos and hopefully getting business done early will strengthen us further

With it looking likely that Cardiif away will be moved due to FA Cup 4th round and dependent on when its moved to, 5 of our next 7 games are at home. The two away games are Bristol City and Peterborough.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

Boro

Wolves

Peterborough

Blackburn

Charlton

We need to pick up a large amount of points from these games if we are serious about challenging for autos and hopefully getting business done early will strengthen us further

Think we should win all of them except boro at home where we'll draw which would give us 19 points from 21 :D

Not being optimistic or anything.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

Boro

Wolves

Peterborough

Blackburn

Charlton

I said at the start of the season that 17 home wins this season would see us guaranteed a play off place and possibly automatic promotion. Our saving grace the last couple of seasons has been our strong home form and we started extremely strongly this season. Tailed off a bit recently but no better time than now to start picking up some wins. The only real game there that could faze us would be Middlesbrough... this really is make or break time. If we get a minimum of 16 points out of that it sets us up very nicely for a much tougher run in after!

Indeed, plenty of points available there against some of the weaker opposition in the league. Twenty-one points isn't beyond us IMO - that's very ambitious of course but I'd say we're favourites for every one of those games. I know that sounds incredibly arrogant but I think I'm right in making that assertion, in each game we're surely going to be the team who is more likely to win.

Looking at that I think it's a good set of fixtures, Middlesbrough at home will be key but we usually do well against them, while luckily the Wolves and Blackburn games will be at home as well, so there is more of a chance that we will pick up 9 points...hopefully. Our away games are winnable as well, a few more quality signings will certainly stand us in good stead, for another good run.

Most of those games look winnable, but we've said that too many times before.

A team looking at promotion should be aiming to negotiate these seven matches unbeaten, a big ask but doable in my opinion.

Huddersfield (H) Outplayed them back in October, they're nothing particularly special. 3pts

Bristol City (A) We don't have a great record against these, I think we were the only side they 'did the double' over last season. They aren't bottom for no reason though. 3pts

Middlesbrough (H) That win against them back at the Riverside doesn't half look good now. They could be tougher this time. 1pt

Wolves (H) Stale Solbakken is lucky to still be in a job with some of their results this season. Should be looking to win this one. 3pts

Peterborough (A) Wins at Cardiff and Wolves as well as our mediocre record there make this a fixture not to be underestimated. 1pt

Blackburn (H) These have gone backwards dramatically since their fortuitous win over us earlier in the season. 3pts

Charlton (H) Kermorgant will be back for this one and WILL score. I have a feeling this'll be like Barnsley for some reason. 1pt

Huddersfield Win

Bristol City Win

Boro Draw

Wolves Win

Peterborough Loss

Blackburn Loss

Charlton Win

We need to pick up a large amount of points from these games if we are serious about challenging for autos and hopefully getting business done early will strengthen us further.

13 points IMO.

As far as I can recollect, I got the last one of these threads about right (ish). Just calling it as I see it buddy boy..

Happy new year to you my friend!!

I know mate I'll optimisticlly raise you to 17 points with potential draws M'boro H & P'boro A . Happy new Year to you too bud.

Happy new year Seenitall....still looking on the bright side I see? :P

That is the bright side, following my heart - head said 8 points, we struggle to win more than one in three and we just nicked one so draw tomorrow I reckon -like last time, would love to be wrong (but i wasn't)

That is the bright side, following my heart - head said 8 points, we struggle to win more than one in three and we just nicked one so draw tomorrow I reckon -like last time, would love to be wrong (but i wasn't)

I would agree with your points tally but the signing of Wood and couple of other players should give us a boost.

I would agree with your points tally but the signing of Wood and couple of other players should give us a boost.

Hope so but this is Niges third go on the transfers since his return, why will the guys he signs now be any better than the last lot? Woods is a one in four striker at this level so he is going to need to be at his very best to make an impact, although he has had a good run at Millwall so let's hope. Bet Waggy and Vardy are over the moon at his signing

Indeed, however I feel we will push on now! Like you I hope you're wrong and i still wish you a Happy New Year :cheers:

Archived