Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine Dream

Next 7 games

That is the bright side, following my heart - head said 8 points, we struggle to win more than one in three and we just nicked one so draw tomorrow I reckon -like last time, would love to be wrong (but i wasn't)

Wow, I know people might lower their expectations but 8 points from the next 7 isn't that far from relegation form! lol

Indeed, we have had a poor run of results but those were against tough teams on the whole. Most people would judge the following games we have as somewhat easier than our recent run. I'll be astonished if we get 8 points.

Hope so but this is Niges third go on the transfers since his return, why will the guys he signs now be any better than the last lot? Woods is a one in four striker at this level so he is going to need to be at his very best to make an impact, although he has had a good run at Millwall so let's hope. Bet Waggy and Vardy are over the moon at his signing

Woods is a one in for striker? Maybe but he's actively improving that record. It's one in two this season.

Plus Woods cost us the same as Michu cost Swansea..............

Michu's team were in dire straits and had to accept peanuts for a player who's worth about 8 times that. Woods' price tag is justified, I think.

Two problems with this.....

Firstly, on paper they all ( with possibly the exception of Boro - even tho they are not great away ) look easy. However, this is the Championship. The league where Posh win at Cardiff, where Ipswich can beat Millwall 3-0, where Bristol C can win 3-1 at Boro...... the old cliche is right, there are no easy games..

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I have been following City for nigh on 30 years now, and in that time I have seen us lose countless games we should have won.... It`s always the easy fixtures that screw us up, so I can see where ColCityfan is coming from!! Especially in recent seasons, this seems to be where we really struggle to break down or finish off the weaker teams.

Hope I`m wrong!!!

Obviously we COULD win every single one of those games, IF we play to the level we know we can. As we all know and have experienced supporting Leicester, nothing is a certainty. The championship is a very competitive league where literally everyone can beat each other (e.g Peterborough at Cardiff, Barnsley at Millwall etc..). CONSISTENCY is the key, something we have lacked over the past few years. If the team goes into matches with complacency and the idea that simply turning up means we will win, then we will get turned over by even the most average of sides. However, I don't think Nigel will let that happen. Yes, we have a "nice" run of games. But it is also a run of games we know could also turn out to be a banana skin - teams such as Bristol City away and Peterborough away, where we have a poor recent record, and former premier league teams such as Blackburn and Wolves who will have something to prove. Let's take each game as it comes and go on the rollercoaster ride that is supporting Leicester City. Hopefully, that ends up in promotion who knows. A good start to the year will be very important and, as we have done all season with our squad and performances, we have a great chance of going on a run of wins. But don't take it as a certainty that some games are a definite 3 points. Happy new year, and let's hope it's a good start with a solid performance and win today!

Pretty sure this is wrong; Wood cost us about 1 million, and Michu cost Swansea 2.2mil.

lol

Like seenitall is interested in facts when there's meaningless hyperbole to be thrown around.

Hope so but this is Niges third go on the transfers since his return, why will the guys he signs now be any better than the last lot? Woods is a one in four striker at this level so he is going to need to be at his very best to make an impact, although he has had a good run at Millwall so let's hope. Bet Waggy and Vardy are over the moon at his signing

So by your reckoning, he won't score in the next 7 games?

Bet you £50 he does...

Well one down and 6 more to go. 14 points is my best guess.

Huddersfield W (in the bag)

Bristol City W

Boro D (toughest game of the lot would be happy with a draw but if we wont to push for top 2 we need win this)

Wolves W

Peterborough L (They're on a decent run I think we'll slip up)

Blackburn D

Charlton W

Pretty sure this is wrong; Wood cost us about 1 million, and Michu cost Swansea 2.2mil.

Wood will complete his move from West Brom, worth initially £1.25million rising to £2m, when the transfer window opens tomorrow.

But even a more realistic bid of around £10m would represent a fine piece of business for a player who cost £2m just six months ago.(Michu)

Blimey, who needs facts eh?

lol

Like seenitall is interested in facts when there's meaningless hyperbole to be thrown around.

Cheers - who needs facts when there is pointless slagging off of other posters to be done just because they have been disappointed up to yesterday with the mediocre points tally of the last few weeks?

Archived