Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine Dream

Next 7 games

Wood will complete his move from West Brom, worth initially £1.25million rising to £2m, when the transfer window opens tomorrow.

But even a more realistic bid of around £10m would represent a fine piece of business for a player who cost £2m just six months ago.(Michu)

Blimey, who needs facts eh?

What's your point? They cost the same amount of money so we should've bought Michu instead? Captain Hindsight strikes again!

What's your point? They cost the same amount of money so we should've bought Michu instead? Captain Hindsight strikes again!

Exactly! I'm sure Michu had been dreaming of playing Championship football all his life. He must be seriously pissed off we didn't make a bid.

• 3 weeks later...

So that's 3 out of 3 so far!

Huddersfield - Won

Bristol City - Won

Boro -Won

Wolves - (H)

Cardiff - (A)

P'boro - (A)

Blackburn - (H)

Charlton - (H)

So that's Cardiff added in there Aswell, I honestly think we can take 15 out of 15 points in the next 5 games! Definitely possible, obv Cardiff being the massive one but we are usually good in a big game.. At home it seems we can beat anyone, full of confidence and wolves blackburn and charlton don't seem too difficult on paper.. Away at p'boro it seems this season we have what it takes to win these games as we showed at Hillsborough and Bristol..

So even if we win these 4 and get a point at Cardiff, we are well and truly on our way to automatic promotion

So that's 3 out of 3 so far!

Huddersfield - Won

Bristol City - Won

Boro -Won

Wolves - (H)

Cardiff - (A)

P'boro - (A)

Blackburn - (H)

Charlton - (H)

So that's Cardiff added in there Aswell, I honestly think we can take 15 out of 15 points in the next 5 games! Definitely possible, obv Cardiff being the massive one but we are usually good in a big game.. At home it seems we can beat anyone, full of confidence and wolves blackburn and charlton don't seem too difficult on paper.. Away at p'boro it seems this season we have what it takes to win these games as we showed at Hillsborough and Bristol..

So even if we win these 4 and get a point at Cardiff, we are well and truly on our way to automatic promotion

Not so sure we are this season, home defeats to Palace and Cardiff and a defeat at Millwall suggests we need to raise our game a tad against the big guns.

I'm not suggesting we're flat track bullies but we need to make the most of our improved confidence by beating Wolves and putting in a shift at Cardiff. Win the next two and we'll go on a Reading style run in my view, as the three after Cardiff look very winnable.

Not so sure we are this season, home defeats to Palace and Cardiff and a defeat at Millwall suggests we need to raise our game a tad against the big guns.

I'm not suggesting we're flat track bullies but we need to make the most of our improved confidence by beating Wolves and putting in a shift at Cardiff. Win the next two and we'll go on a Reading style run in my view, as the three after Cardiff look very winnable.

But we've also picked up 6 points from M'boro and 4 points against Hull and these were big matches. Friday night showed that we can now start to grind games out.

I remember someone on here thinking we'd get 8 points out of the seven games mentioned lol Some people really are blinded by negativity. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

That is the bright side, following my heart - head said 8 points, we struggle to win more than one in three and we just nicked one so draw tomorrow I reckon -like last time, would love to be wrong (but i wasn't)

Honestly, do you even think? Sorry if I sound insulting here, and I imagine I do, but to think we'd get eight points is ridiculous.

But we've also picked up 6 points from M'boro and 4 points against Hull and these were big matches. Friday night showed that we can now start to grind games out.

Very true.

I think we've improved in that area over the past few weeks.

As I say, play out of our skins at Cardiff for a win and we could have a genuinely sparkling run.

Yeah I guess this season less so but even then you just know that with the confidence we're playing with at the moment we will raise our game on the night.. Millwall was during our little bad patch so to speak, Cardiff we were very unlucky against and palace even though we weren't very good in that we still nearly got something..

But yeah I agree beat wolves and get a point at Cardiff and we will be in the middle of a title run tbh, especially with the three games after that very winnable

Huddersfield(H)-6-1 Confirmed WIN

Bristol city(A)- 4-0 Confirmed WIN

Boro(H)1-0 Confirmed WIN

Wolves(H)3-0 WIN

Cardiff(A) 1-1 DRAW

Peterborough(A) 0-2 WIN

Blackburn (H) 1-0 WIN

Charlton(H)2-0 WIN

Quite realistic which would give us 19 points from 7 games :D

With it looking likely that Cardiif away will be moved due to FA Cup 4th round and dependent on when its moved to, 5 of our next 7 games are at home. The two away games are Bristol City and Peterborough.

Huddersfield

Bristol City

Boro

Wolves........Win

Peterborough...... Draw

Blackburn....... Draw

Charlton..... Win

We need to pick up a large amount of points from these games if we are serious about challenging for autos and hopefully getting business done early will strengthen us further

8 points out the next 12

IMO.

Huddersfield(H)-6-1 Confirmed WIN

Bristol city(A)- 4-0 Confirmed WIN

Boro(H)1-0 Confirmed WIN

Wolves(H)3-0 WIN

Cardiff(A) 1-1 DRAW

Peterborough(A) 0-2 WIN

Blackburn (H) 1-0 WIN

Charlton(H)2-0 WIN

Quite realistic which would give us 19 points from 7 games :D

I do worry about people's numeracy skills on here. That would be 22 from 8 games :thumbup:

Hope so but this is Niges third go on the transfers since his return, why will the guys he signs now be any better than the last lot? Woods is a one in four striker at this level so he is going to need to be at his very best to make an impact, although he has had a good run at Millwall so let's hope. Bet Waggy and Vardy are over the moon at his signing

Still think he is just a one in four striker, facts don't tell you everything especially for a young player, he played a lot of games in his teens so naturally it had an effect on his average, he has massively improved and looks easily capable of 20+ a season.

Huddersfield (H) 6-1 Confirmed WIN

Bristol city (A) 4-0 Confirmed WIN

Boro (H) 1-0 Confirmed WIN

Wolves (H) Predict a WIN

Peterborough (A) predict a WIN

Cardiff (A) Predict a LOSS (Again, against the run of play)

Blackburn (H) predict a WIN (Will be moved if we go through in the cup)

Charlton (H) predict a WIN

We'll get a couple of draws and win the rest IMO. I've seen us a few times recently and with no bias involved i've not seen a team that plays better football outside the top half of the PL. For the first time in many years, i'm excited that we have a team that could not only go up, but stay up comfortably next year. Probably getting ahead of myself but hey that's the way I see it right now!

I think Wolves will be difficult, as well as Cardiff. We should beat the other three, though we do have this problem Peterborough. I'm going to be pessimistic and go for:

Wolves (H) Draw

Peterborough (A) Draw

Cardiff (A) Lose

Blackburn (H) Win

Charlton (H) Win

And if we win all of them, I would be delighted for you to call me out!

Archived