Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Pie & Pint v Boro

Yes for shit you don't want half the time.

What about matches, is that the sort of shit you get a discount for but don't want? You might not want to get 10% off a mug from the club shop but you can hardly ignore the fact that STHs pay much less for an individual game than those without a ST. I think that's something that people seem to be missing at the moment - it is rather a big plus after all.

Yes for shit you don't want half the time.

Your own regular seat at a reduced cost with merchandise discount and away game priority?

You're paying for the season ticket, it's better value than paying for matches individually. You bought it? Why are you now expecting added extras?

Don't get all the hate here. It's an offer to get more people though the door! On a Friday, in Jan on sky! Do season ticket holders really all expect a free pie and pint also? They want to make money, not lose it!

It is not a thank you, it is a marketing tool to get the floating fan, who would otherwise go down the pub or watch it at home.

Your own regular seat at a reduced cost with merchandise discount and away game priority?

You're paying for the season ticket, it's better value than paying for matches individually. You bought it? Why are you now expecting added extras?

What would you say if your local gave a bus load of people a free beer, and then told you , you had to pay.

It sounds like a case of "we've got your money, bollocks to you".

Lcfc fans. Now bickering over a pie and a pint.

Makes you proud to be one doesn't it.

Firstly i don't give a shit about some crap pie i can buy in a supermarket at a 3rd of the price plus some shit watered down beer.

However i like the comments on here slagging season ticket holders like we should be greatful we work hard to afford our tickets and choose to spend our earnings on what we want.

However i will ask that all those who choose to take up these offers. Such as the mercury offer on nyd.

LEARN WHERE THE **** YOUR SEAT IS AS I DON'T WANT TO STAND ON A STEP WHY YOU HAVE TO ASK A STEWARD TO POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

What would you say if your local gave a bus load of people a free beer, and then told you , you had to pay.

It sounds like a case of "we've got your money, bollocks to you".

It's nothing like that and you surely realise that?

You've bought a multipack of Coke to save money. Coke have now offered people that haven't bought a multipack a 5p off voucher off their next can of coke. Are you really that bothered?

A couple of weeks before I bought my season ticket I spent many a sleepless night deliberating whether or not I should purchase one as I may miss out onto the pie & pint deal.

I eventually made my decision on purchasing a ticket on the idea that there was no way my beloved football club would leave me out of such an incredible deal as the one that will take place for the boro game.

I now feel so let down and undervalued you wouldn't believe....

If a ST holder feels they should be fully entitled to the pie and pint by showing their ticket, thats a fair enough argument. I think the reason for the backlash is the 'woe is me' attitude surrounding the moan.

Its not true that if you have a season ticket you're flush with cash, just that your priority is to support the team. Its also not true that people who take advantage of these offers are plastic supporters just looking for a cheap night out.

The reality is that as a business, the televised games have had poor attendances and something needed to be done. Look at the match threads for the sky games and see the amount of comments like, 'Stadium looks half empty' etc and 'Sounds like a funeral from the telleh' and you'll realise that more people through the turnstile is absolutely neccessary.

The club arent looking to 'fvck over' the season ticket holders, they're looking to fill the stadium so some CEO doesnt think about pulling his sponsorship board as theres nobody there to read it. Yes there's the argument about ST prices being too high so if they drop them more people will buy them but thats not completely the case. ST numbers have been pretty consistent for years. Its not just a financial decision. When I lived in Leicester, I could afford a season ticket, but because of other commitments, I couldnt always get to a game on Saturday so a ST wasnt worth it. I'd imagine that many others are in this position.

To summarise, I think it should be that ST holders get the free pie and pint by showing their ticket but because they dont, its not really a reason to throw the toys out of the pram. After all, we all complain that football is too much like a business so we should be the last people to keep on bringing finance into the equation.

P.S - Bert & Liam, didnt mean to cause any offence on Twitter re this issue, but you cant really get your reasoned argument across in 140 characters!!

BLUE ARMEH!!!

Did you go to Chelsea or Norwich? As a STH you get to go to the best fixtures and choose the best seats at these fixtures.

I'm sure there were plenty of non-STHs who would've wanted to have their big day out at Chelsea and were left disappointed when they found out they couldn't go. For me, seeing us win at a top PL club's ground (I know we didn't against Chelsea) would massively overwhelm every insignificant little deal you might get as a non-STH over the years.

Personally speaking i didn't buy my season ticket so i can watch a barnsley kind of team at home on a cold wet Tuesday night in January. I couldnt really give a toss about half the games I've been to as a STH (this year has been a bit different giving our current form) but i still fork out a lot of money for it for two reasons, 1. I get very good seats which are brilliant in the big games and 2.To get away priority when something like the Norwich saga occurs.

I bet there are lots of people who think along the same lines as me but dont actually buy one. If there aee they shouldn't moan about being unable to get away priority. Two of my mates, who like me, can ill afford one bought half season tickets over xmas just in case theu need to use away priority to get a ticket in the run in.

If you read my initial reply in the thread i said implied theres not a problem with the clib doing this as far as im concerned.

Obviously they're trying to draw in non STHs from watching the game at home on Sky. There's your reason, STHs. Nothing to do with priority over you lot...

If they do offers for people we should get offers aswell..

It's just like that "first 2000 people get a free drink" offer, should be STH get a free one.

This season cost an extra £30 more than last season and we get no offers for matchdays.

Personally speaking i didn't buy my season ticket so i can watch a barnsley kind of team at home on a cold wet Tuesday night in January. I couldnt really give a toss about half the games I've been to as a STH (this year has been a bit different giving our current form) but i still fork out a lot of money for it for two reasons, 1. I get very good seats which are brilliant in the big games and 2.To get away priority when something like the Norwich saga occurs.

I bet there are lots of people who think along the same lines as me but dont actually buy one. If there aee they shouldn't moan about being unable to get away priority. Two of my mates, who like me, can ill afford one bought half season tickets over xmas just in case theu need to use away priority to get a ticket in the run in.

If you read my initial reply in the thread i said implied theres not a problem with the clib doing this as far as im concerned.

I think I'm pretty much in total agreement with everything you've just said. :thumbup:

I see where you're coming from when you say you don't care too much about a "Barnsley type" game, I'm also less interested in the smaller games and I do view them as a bit of a functional occasion - get the three points and move on to the next one. As you've suggested, one league game in January is not overly important so I don't mind these offers at all. But even so, I do want to attend many games as possible so that I can have a complete view of what is hopefully a very good season for us.

I would be less inclined to fork out that much if it didn't guarantee my ticket at away games, particularly the FA Cup quarter finals, Play-offs etc. That's the biggest plus of having a ST - being able to go to those unmissable games. As long as the non-STHs don't infringe on these bigger fixtures I've got no problem.

I think I'm pretty much in total agreement with everything you've just said. :thumbup:

I see where you're coming from when you say you don't care too much about a "Barnsley type" game, I'm also less interested in the smaller games and I do view them as a bit of a functional occasion - get the three points and move on to the next one. As you've suggested, one league game in January is not overly important so I don't mind these offers at all. But even so, I do want to attend many games as possible so that I can have a complete view of what is hopefully a very good season for us.

I would be less inclined to fork out that much if it didn't guarantee my ticket at away games, particularly the FA Cup quarter finals, Play-offs etc. That's the biggest plus of having a ST - being able to go to those unmissable games. As long as the non-STHs don't infringe on these bigger fixtures I've got no problem.

Exactly, entirely agree.

Its a shame the club dont have an away membership like forest used to. That was their priority away scheme, i dont think you had to have a ST either. Thatd be great for me, but lost revenue for the club

Exactly, entirely agree.

Its a shame the club dont have an away membership like forest used to. That was their priority away scheme, i dont think you had to have a ST either. Thatd be great for me, but lost revenue for the club

Yeah I'd imagine a number of people would like that sort of thing to be available, can see why the club don't do it though. You can get a Foxes Travel ST but it's not quite the same lol

Archived