Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Anyone remember an album cover by Leicester band Family featuring a painting of a match at Filbert Street?

Can't find it online. 

Remember it well. Looked last week. Couldn't find it either. 

44 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Do people on here only tend to focus on singles and that chart, even in its heyday albums tended to contain better stuff but people didn't usually bother to look for it. 

Seems the same still applies. Top of the pops mindset still ruling some mentalities regarding music. 

But it's unlikely that some obscure album track would be classed as a 'classic'.

4 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Nonsense, open your ears and mind, look around, leave top of the mimes alone

Not sure what you're talking about TBH.  I have a large album collection and loads of my favourite tracks by artists will be the lesser known album tracks, doesn't mean they're classics though.

Edited by purpleronnie

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not sure what you're talking about TBH.  I have a large album collection and loads of my favourite tracks by artists will be the lesser known album tracks, doesn't mean they're classics though.

An example then. Got any led zeppelin albums? 

Zero singles released, stacks of classic tracks 

11 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I put The Immigrant song in here. If you want to post some album tracks, why don't you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Not sure what your trying to get at though, what difference does it make if I like an unreleased album track?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I put The Immigrant song in here. If you want to post some album tracks, why don't you?

Fair does webbo, I haven't looked at every page and track on the thread, just noticed generally it tended to be 70s daytime radio 1 or top of the pops type singles chart bilge. 

Immigrant song, good choice though bud. 

Classic. 

4 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Fair does webbo, I haven't looked at every page and track on the thread, just noticed generally it tended to be 70s daytime radio 1 or top of the pops type singles chart bilge. 

Immigrant song, good choice though bud. 

Classic. 

Well at least you're open minded about it.:D

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not sure what your trying to get at though, what difference does it make if I like an unreleased album track?

My point was that generally on here people chose their examples of classics as being the singles from albums. 

Often the singles weren't always the classic/better tracks, but at the time the radio and top of the pops led those people to believe they were. The public tended to only notice those tracks and think in ignorance it was the better stuff  x factor type mentality. 

2 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

My point was that generally on here people chose their examples of classics as being the singles from albums. 

Often the singles weren't always the classic/better tracks, but at the time the radio and top of the pops led those people to believe they were. The public tended to only notice those tracks and think in ignorance it was the better stuff  x factor type mentality. 

Ok mate no worries, please post some, the more the merrier.

10 hours ago, worthosoriginals said:

Do people on here only tend to focus on singles and that chart, even in its heyday albums tended to contain better stuff but people didn't usually bother to look for it. 

Seems the same still applies. Top of the pops mindset still ruling some mentalities regarding music. 

From my own perspective I usually post singles because I feel that these are likely to appeal to more people than an album track.  There's some great music on albums but with probably a more restricted appeal.  If I'm listening to music it's nearly always albums, but I haven't posted classics I love like Supper's Ready by Genesis or Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd on FT.  No reason why you shouldn't though, one of the aspects of the music forums I like is the opportunity to listen to material I haven't heard before or recently.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

From my own perspective I usually post singles because I feel that these are likely to appeal to more people than an album track.  There's some great music on albums but with probably a more restricted appeal.  If I'm listening to music it's nearly always albums, but I haven't posted classics I love like Supper's Ready by Genesis or Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd on FT.  No reason why you shouldn't though, one of the aspects of the music forums I like is the opportunity to listen to material I haven't heard before or recently.

Agreed I'd imagine most would think the same, or this thread would just be titled 'songs from the 70's'.  I have some truly obscure records from past and present and I have some of the most mainstream pop music, I'm not interested in limiting myself musically, so whether it's a rarely heard album track or a number one post whatever you want even if it's just you that think it's a 'classic'.:)

• Like 1