Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

On 11/12/2020 at 19:33, l444ry said:

About 20+ years ago, back when we were getting on well, my now ex-wife had a real go at me about this song.

It came on a jukebox and I just said what a great song it was - and she got angry about it being a sexist song. :blink:

She mainly based this on the line: "the morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age"..........which continues "that don't worry me none, in my eyes you're everything".

Is honest admiration a crime against the fair (if aging) sex?!

There might be a mood of regret about an affair with an older woman, but it's nostalgic regret and he's full of adoration for her. Couldn't be less sexist, I reckon - and still a great song!

My ex was 4-5 months older than me, so maybe she was more sensitive about that than I realised....or maybe she was just a nutter and we were always doomed! :D

@Suzie the Fox @FoxesDeb :dunno:

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

About 20+ years ago, back when we were getting on well, my now ex-wife had a real go at me about this song.

It came on a jukebox and I just said what a great song it was - and she got angry about it being a sexist song. :blink:

She mainly based this on the line: "the morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age"..........which continues "that don't worry me none, in my eyes you're everything".

Is honest admiration a crime against the fair (if aging) sex?!

There might be a mood of regret about an affair with an older woman, but it's nostalgic regret and he's full of adoration for her. Couldn't be less sexist, I reckon - and still a great song!

My ex was 4-5 months older than me, so maybe she was more sensitive about that than I realised....or maybe she was just a nutter and we were always doomed! :D

@Suzie the Fox @FoxesDeb :dunno:

I don't think its sexist at all, its a real classic, i like a bit of Rod Stewart.

I am of a similar age to yourself and i think my last 3 boyfriends have all been way way younger than me :blush:..

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I don't think its sexist at all, its a real classic, i like a bit of Rod Stewart.

I am of a similar age to yourself and i think my last 3 boyfriends have all been way way younger than me :blush:..

Clearly a sign of your natural youthfulness, Suzie.......he said, grovellingly. :D

• Haha 1