Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

The real importance of Futacs

I don't believe we can afford to ship him out on loan, not because he's too good or I think he should play but because he's best mates with Knockaert and he acts as his interpreter. The way Knockaert has settled in on the pitch can in part be attributed to the way he's settled in off the field (camera phones aside), Futacs has played a key role in that, lose Futacs and suddenly we lose that stability. If we are to be pushing for promotion we need to keep a few key players happy and injury free, Kockaert is definitely one of those players.

I don't believe we can afford to ship him out on loan, not because he's too good or I think he should play but because he's best mates with Knockaert and he acts as his interpreter. The way Knockaert has settled in on the pitch can in part be attributed to the way he's settled in off the field (camera phones aside), Futacs has played a key role in that, lose Futacs and suddenly we lose that stability. If we are to be pushing for promotion we need to keep a few key players happy and injury free, Kockaert is definitely one of those players.

Knockaerts English isn't that bad but I see your point.

If that's his real puropose surely it would have been cheaper to just hire an interpretor of Knockys choice.... :ph34r:

Futacs purpose is for Alan Young to be able to get through a commentary stint, at some point he's going to want 'the big man on up front' and if Futacs or Howard isn't on the bench it's going to make him look daft.

I appreciate the sentiment but I've noticed something from Tunnel Cam of all things! They use to go out together to warm up but now Knocky seems to always be chatting to another player and goes out to the pitch with them so I think he's settled here and whilst Futacs might still be his best mate, he obviously gets along with the other players well enough that any removal of Jamie Marko from the squad would have minimal impact of Knocky.

Well based on that logic if futacs leaves we could always draft in Joey barton his French is quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3U-r8T31Ns

Archived