Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Isle of Wight Fox 86

Current crop of players

Hello everyone.

I have just joined so this is my first post. I was wondering who from the current crop of players would make it if we do get promoted to the promised land? I would imagine that Wood, Nugent, Marshall and Knockart would cut in the PL but as I don't get to see many games due to distance I was wondering which positions my fellow foxes would say we would need to improve on.

I was going to put Morgan into that list but I wasn't too sure if some would say he would be too slow for the PL? But I couldn't be too sure as I said before.

Hope to hear from people soon!!

I'd say Morgan is definitely capable of playing in the PL, I struggle to remember any player who gave him a genuinely hard time this season. Obviosly the standard is higher in the Prem but I've so confident he'll do well there. I also think Matty James would be capable if he continues to mature in the manner he has done over the course of the season.

I came from Leicester originally and only moved in the summer last year. I had a season ticket for years but decided to move away from Leicester for family reasons.

I miss going to the city every other week but hey you have to do what you have to do....

Tough desicion, I have family in the iow and visit 5 or 6 times a year, but to stop going down the city! In all honesty if I could get a job there I would make the same one as you!

Hello and welcome.

Ours is a young squad and hopefully more will make the step up than not. However i feel that big Wes may need a new partner as i don't think St ledger will be good enough and for me the jury is still out on Whitbread. I think that Wood and Nugent can form a formidable partnership. Not sure about the midfield as i think that we may need a bit more experience in there. One thing I am sure about though is that in this team we have some of the future legends of Leicester City, and a club with great potential. We are at the dawn of a great new era. :scarf:

Tough desicion, I have family in the iow and visit 5 or 6 times a year, but to stop going down the city! In all honesty if I could get a job there I would make the same one as you!

Yeahs it's the same for me to be honest. It's just expensive getting on and off the island. I try to get to games as much as I can and watch Sky Sports when they are on, but otherwise it's the FLS I have to depend on

I have had this debate with my mate on numerous occasions. Personally, I think the majority of our current squad would make the final 25, I still think we would need 1 or 2 full backs a new centre back and a defensive midfielder of real quality to cut it.

As for Morgan, he's a leader, he leads the back line really well and is not actually that slow!

Yeahs it's the same for me to be honest. It's just expensive getting on and off the island. I try to get to games as much as I can and watch Sky Sports when they are on, but otherwise it's the FLS I have to depend on

Coming again in late feb, pm me if you want any programmes bringing down etc

If gareth macauley can play in the top flight then wes can.

I think most our squad could do a job. Yes we may need to bring in 4/5 but. Kasper, rdl, wes, ssl, konchesky, dd, marshall, king, knocky, wood, nugent and waggy all have something to offer. Even if some would only be squad players.

Goes back to you we need to sign, where to strengthen. We need another rb and lb and if we can get up a cb. But maybe they can wait until we go up.

the average age of our team was 23.7 against bristol. matty james 21, chris wood 21, danny 22, knockaert 21, marshall 21, keane, 20, the mix of experience and youth is spot on atm and the youngsters are only getting better, IMO the team we have is capable of keeping us up. with a few new editions if we do go up we have the the makings of a good prem team lol:pearson:

the average age of our team was 23.7 against bristol. matty james 21, chris wood 21, danny 22, knockaert 21, marshall 21, keane, 20, the mix of experience and youth is spot on atm and the youngsters are only getting better, IMO the team we have is capable of keeping us up. with a few new editions if we do go up we have the the makings of a good prem team lol:pearson:

Agree, a new left back and centre half, a midfielder/winger and another striker would be the minimum required

Agree, a new left back and centre half, a midfielder/winger and another striker would be the minimum required

think id agree with that to be fair, i like konch but dont think he has the legs for the prem nowadays, a winger like walcott with his pace would have him all ends up. also agree that a new winger and maybe cm would be useful, and we need a new striker because IMO waghorn, vardy and futacs wouldnt cut it in the prem.

STARTERS: Kasper, Morgan, James, Knockaert, Wood and Nugent.

STARTING/BENCH: De Laet, St Ledger, Konch, Drinkwater, King Marshall,

BENCH/SQUAD: Vardy, Waghorn, Schlupp, Dyer, Whitbread

OUT: Logan (maybe) Gallagher, Wellens, one of the strikers, one of the centre-backs.

Then obviously new signings to add, such as left-back, back up keeper and whoever else, then thats how I'd like our squad to shape up.

Archived