Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Pearson and the January transfer window

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out before, apologies if so but what a fantastic record Pearson (and his whole management team, obviously, and presumably Steve Walsh especially) has in the January transfer window. Meant to be difficult to sign good players in January isn't it?

Out of all these I'd say there are only two who haven't had a significantly positive impact (Belaid at Hull and Delfouneso for us).

Tom Cleverley (loan)

Wayne Brown (initially a loan)

Nolberto Solano

2011 (for Hull)

James Chester

Corry Evans (loan)

Cameron Stewart

Tijani Belaid

Vito Mannone (loan)

Matty Fryatt

Ben Marshall

Wes Morgan

Danny Drinkwater

Nathan Delfouneso (loan)

Chris Wood

i have never slated pearson once, a few months back and people were saying he isnt good enough, where are they now.

i mean my family are west ham fans and tore me up as they went straight back up and we didn't reach the play-offs saying Pearson is terrible manager.... but i said we will get our season. i i firmly believe that is this one. up the city.

Good point. Think we signed Davies in the loan window before Jan though, didn't we? Then he left for Bolton in the Jan and we got Cleverly to replace him.

Either way, most of his signings, whether they're loans or perms have nearly always been good value and brought in at the right times to give us that bit extra. Keep it up Nige.

Good point. Think we signed Davies in the loan window before Jan though, didn't we? Then he left for Bolton in the Jan and we got Cleverly to replace him.

Either way, most of his signings, whether they're loans or perms have nearly always been good value and brought in at the right times to give us that bit extra. Keep it up Nige.

You're right, I thought that was strange. The BBC included him in their list of January signings when we re-signed him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7821078.stm

I don't think any other manager that could realistically have come to us after Sven got the boot (And this includes Martin O'Neill) would have done as good a job as Nige has. He has put us right in the promotion picture, weeded out the mercenary players milking City as a cash cow, and laid the foundations for the rest of this decade with the players he's bought.

Full marks for the Top and the Thai's for swallowing some humble pie, admitting their error and getting Nige back on board. And obviously to Pearson, Im in my early 20s and other than the back end of O'neill years have only experienced mediocrity from LCFC until you took over the reins - you are already a LCFC legend in my eyes.

I don't think any other manager that could realistically have come to us after Sven got the boot (And this includes Martin O'Neill) would have done as good a job as Nige has. He has put us right in the promotion picture, weeded out the mercenary players milking City as a cash cow, and laid the foundations for the rest of this decade with the players he's bought.

Full marks for the Top and the Thai's for swallowing some humble pie, admitting their error and getting Nige back on board. And obviously to Pearson, Im in my early 20s and other than the back end of O'neill years have only experienced mediocrity from LCFC until you took over the reins - you are already a LCFC legend in my eyes.

Now I could be wrong, but I thought it was Mandaric that got rid of Pearson to make the club more 'sell-able'

Now I could be wrong, but I thought it was Mandaric that got rid of Pearson to make the club more 'sell-able'

I think if it was the Thai's he wouldn't have come back, certain people who were responsible must have left the club...

Overall (and I'm not just talking about January), I have been pleased with the quality of players that Nigel and his backroom staff have brought/bring to the club. Ok, we have a few poor signings (not many), but so does any manager. The quality of transfers, and loan players, is fantastic. Plus, I've always thought the loan players really add that quality when we need it, like in January.

So pleased when Nigel came back. Always had respect for him, since he first ever joined the club. I knew that he wouldn't mess around, and get us good players at a good value.

I was actually gutted when he left and went to Hull, came out of the blue. I don't think I had a wank for a whole week after I felt so empty

I thought after a week it would be the opposite and you would be ready to explode.

I think if we look at it on the whole Pearsons signings have been pretty good.

Archived