Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Pearson and the January transfer window

I don't want this to come across in a negative way but can anybody point to some of his bad buys? just think that would be more interesting as there are obviously few and far between. I'm struggling to think of any.

Tom Kennedy and kermorgant both never really worked out for us.

I don't want this to come across in a negative way but can anybody point to some of his bad buys? just think that would be more interesting as there are obviously few and far between. I'm struggling to think of any.

Robbie Neilson. And I know you said buys, but Ryan McGivern was an absolute shocker.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/scout-still-pulling-rabbits-out-of-hats-2265688.html

Bit of background on Steve Walsh that I was unaware of. Worth 3 minutes of your life if you're bored!

Good read! I can't believe he was largely responsible for bringing Zola to the PL. Surely one of the most exciting players to watch in one of the world's best leagues.

Anyone know who the two players he missed were?

Robbie Nielson. Shite, shite player. N'Guessan wasn't up to much either.

Robbie Nielson. Shite, shite player. N'Guessan wasn't up to much either.

I'll never get why people thought Neilson was so bad. He was boring and a very simple player but he was solid enough. Even McGivern wasn't as dreadful as people make out but clearly no Bruno. Think McGivern and Kermogant were probably his 2 poor signings.

I don't think any other manager that could realistically have come to us after Sven got the boot (And this includes Martin O'Neill) would have done as good a job as Nige has. He has put us right in the promotion picture, weeded out the mercenary players milking City as a cash cow, and laid the foundations for the rest of this decade with the players he's bought.

Full marks for the Top and the Thai's for swallowing some humble pie, admitting their error and getting Nige back on board. And obviously to Pearson, Im in my early 20s and other than the back end of O'neill years have only experienced mediocrity from LCFC until you took over the reins - you are already a LCFC legend in my eyes.

Great post :thumbup:

Even McGivern wasn't as dreadful as people make out

He got absolutely mauled, pants down and everything by Ivan Sproule, who now plays for Ross County.

He was shit, very shit, worse left-back I've seen at Leicester.

Archived