Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Berlinfox

Wellens interview

Big respect of how honest he was, that he did lack things due to being away in ages.

How there was a sort of bad atmosphere is the club at times, good on him for being honest

If by "good" you mean "hilarious until you remember he's serious and the sort of wages he's on" then I concur.

Probably goes against the grain a bit, but I've always rated Wellens as a decent, honest, hard-working midfielder with a better-than-average touch. I think it was only his lack of pace that stopped him becoming a Premier League player, albeit with a fairly average side - Bolton etc. Even now, I think he provides us with a decent alternative from the bench to close a game out - surely more useful than having Futacs/Waghorn/Vardy all sitting there.

He must not have had the same media training the premiership robots players have, who seem to be afraid of having a personality.

:thumbup: I was thinking the same. Pre/post match interviews are usually a mind numbing waste of time, but Wellens has always been good value. He's refreshingly open and honest. Especially at Ipswich by the sounds of it.

Archived