Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertfoxy00

When Will The Wheels Fall Off

Erm... yeah. And your point is...?

The cases you've mentioned are the absolute exception to the rule. How many times in the past 100+ years of English football has a team marched straight through two leagues to get to the highest level?

My point is that it can have a positive effect on your teams ability to get out the Championship, whereas you think it has no bearign whatsoever. But for a dodgy penalty kick in the play-off semi, we might have been promoted that season.

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

What an absolutely ignorant and stupid post - go and support someone that are not doing well. This might bring your negativity even further down!!!

We've got to win promotion rather than expecting it to come to us by the default of others. And that means sustaining our best efforts longer...instead of sitting back on a winning position and giving teams like Middlesbrough the chance of a penalty lifeline because we'd allowed ourselves to be forced back into our own penalty area instead of focusing on being in theirs.

This paragraph perfectly sums up our past few seasons! We don't have the mentality we used to, are people forgetting what Nigel has done so far?

- Saved one team from relegation.

- Has achieved promotion from a very difficult league at the first time of asking, something some other big clubs have failed to do.

- Nearly achieve back to back promotions.

- Stabilise a recently relegated PL side and lay the foundations for a promotion charge the following season.

- And this season, get rid of all bad eggs in the basket and fill it with sturdy, reliable ones!

Nigel has achieved so much in the last few seasons! I have total faith in him.

My point is that it can have a positive effect on your teams ability to get out the Championship, whereas you think it has no bearign whatsoever. But for a dodgy penalty kick in the play-off semi, we might have been promoted that season.

But we weren't. Now, we're in a much better position, sitting in an automatic promotion spot.

As much as it riles me to think of that day when we lost out against Cardiff, that was three years ago and I wish more people would start looking to the future instead of looking back to the past.

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

Yeah, you're right. It's pointless even imagining that we can get promoted. We should give up now.

And how does that impact on our ability to get promoted from the Championship other than it's enabled us to be in this league? Winning League 1 with the squad we had and getting out of this league is a completely different challenge. I'm not dismissing that season, it was one of my favourite years as a Leicester fan but the fact still remains that we've been utter horse muck for nearly a decade bar a season or so.

I was actually joking..

If he gets us promoted this year it will be two promotions and a play-off in three full seasons in charge.

Surely no-one could doubt his ability then?

Oh trust me, the joyless moaners won't give him much if any credit. It'll all be... "well he should've got us promoted with those squads..." blah blah. Missing the points that he put those squads together...

This thread's quite amusing, because the sub-text matches my general doom-laden mood. I have, after all, been a Leicester fan for nearly 60 years, so I have had plenty of practice.

I said to a mate of mine today that after last night's game - didn't play particularly well, one or two great performances but plently of average ones, got a result - I was starting to feel confident about promotion. So I can't help but feel that we need to get stuffed by Peterborough and dumped out of the cup by the Terriers, to bring me back to reality.

Pearson out. Bring back Peter Taylor.

Archived