Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertfoxy00

When Will The Wheels Fall Off

We have a manager now who has a record managing this football club of......

P 174

W 87

D 45

L 42

(and a big percentage of that time was whilst sorting out somone else's mess)

Why after such excellence over that period of time would the wheels start falling off now? This isn't Sven or Craig Levein in charge.

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

Ooh, you are a little ray of sunshine aren't you.

We have a manager now who has a record of......

P 174

W 87

D 45

L 42

Why after such excellence over that period of time would the wheels start falling off now? This isn't Sven or Craig Levein in charge.

Only 50% win ratio... get rid.

Come on, it's fair enough there are still some fans who can't shake off the thought that we'll still balls it up. What have we got to show in 9 years at this level and lower? One 5th place finish, several relegation battles, a relegation and a few mid-place finishes. We look a different outfit this season and a proper team but it's still a horrible league and anything can happen. I have faith in the manager and 14-15 of our players so fingers crossed it's enough but I can share some fans caution and worry with us.

Come on, it's fair enough there are still some fans who can't shake off the thought that we'll still balls it up. What have we got to show in 9 years at this level and lower? One 5th place finish, several relegation battles, a relegation and a few mid-place finishes. We look a different outfit this season and a proper team but it's still a horrible league and anything can happen. I have faith in the manager and 14-15 of our players so fingers crossed it's enough but I can share some fans caution and worry with us.

I think you're forgetting a league 1 title.

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

We've lost twice to Wolves in our last 9 meetings, including this season

2007/08: Two draws

2006/07: One win, one defeat

2005/06: One win, one draw

2004/05: Two draws

We're in with our best chance of promotion since we left the prem. That doesn't mean everyone has to get all billy big bollocks (like the Watford fans predicting a 1st place finish on the back of some decent form, before losing to the bottom team). OP has a point, the race for 2nd is tighter than I remember it being in recent years (though maybe someone has the stats to prove that statement wrong) meaning it's far from a forgone conclusion that we'll be the team of the 4 or so likely challengers to come out on top.

We have a manager now who has a record managing this football club of......

P 174

W 87

D 45

L 42

(and a big percentage of that time was whilst sorting out somone else's mess)

Losing 42 out of 174 games?

How can we have confidence in this man?

Archived