Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertfoxy00

When Will The Wheels Fall Off

Still pretty certain it will all go wrong but not too bothered if we miss out, I quite like the 2nd division and 19k attendances so that there is no need to queue for a pi55 at half time.

Er, think you need to rethink your priorities mate...

Clearly just being a WUM, anyway...

Part of being a Leicester fan. First thing my old man ever taught me.

Miserable bastard.

You should be teaching your son about the clubs finest players, greatest trips and the great moments of our history.

Not that first things first 'we're going to fcuk it up'

Last October I said I couldn't see anyone beating us at home - and seeing as we have an even better side now I don't see why Wolves should change that.

In fact I've hardly given Wolves a thought because it's our attitude to the game and to winning that is far more important. If we press the game, close people down, force mistakes and go for the throat I don't see why Wolves would find us any easier to deal with than anyone else.

If we sit off them and simply try to quieten the game first - or go into defensive mode should we score, then Wolves - just like anyone else - will have a chance.

But surely we've already gone through that lesson with the negativity we showed in too many matches from the time we topped the league til the torrid victory at Burnley.

Since the arrival of Wood we've appeared to mean business again and there's no opponents will cope with the combined pressure from Wood, Nugent, Knockaert and friends if we show some attitude.

In fact, while there are teams who remain a threat to our automatic promotion push, to me our biggest opponent is fear and not having the self-belief to impose ourselves on the better sides.

We've got to win promotion rather than expecting it to come to us by the default of others. And that means sustaining our best efforts longer...instead of sitting back on a winning position and giving teams like Middlesbrough the chance of a penalty lifeline because we'd allowed ourselves to be forced back into our own penalty area instead of focusing on being in theirs.

Still pretty certain it will all go wrong but not too bothered if we miss out, I quite like the 2nd division and 19k attendances so that there is no need to queue for a pi55 at half time.

lol Lets hope we don't go up then!

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

Can I borrow some money off you please filbert? I know as such a pessimist you won't expect it back :P I assume it's your defense mechanism or some sort of superstition thing because you want us to do it so badly :) Or is it you're testy because it's so hot in that damn furry suit?

Top division is just false and plastic, pretty much like our not so new anymore flatpack stadium. Thank god I experienced top tier football and being competitive in the upper echelons at a proper football ground with atmosphere.

I actually detest the new place and the awful woah woah generic chants.

Top division is just false and plastic, pretty much like our not so new anymore flatpack stadium. Thank god I experienced top tier football and being competitive in the upper echelons at a proper football ground with atmosphere.

I actually detest the new place and the awful woah woah generic chants.

So why bother going if you detest it and see nothing but the worst?

We've got to win promotion rather than expecting it to come to us by the default of others.

That is the most sensible thing you have ever posted. We are as good as anyone in this leauge and it will be our fault if it go's wrong no one else's. and city being city it won't be easy for us fans but isn't that what we love about our team

That is the most sensible thing you have ever posted. We are as good as anyone in this leauge and it will be our fault if it go's wrong no one else's. and city being city it won't be easy for us fans but isn't that what we love about our team

I think Thrac might accept that from Brian Clough, but not from you buddy..

:thumbup:

Interesting that out of all of the Championship managers, only Poyet and Powell have better win % than Pearson. Both have only managed at 1 club in that time. Nigel Pearson is the real deal and anyone who doubts him can **** off.

Pearson was with us in league 1 too

I am backing it to start happening tomorrow. We've rarely done well against them in recent years, they need a result and its Sod's law the promotion push will go belly up at some point anyway...it usually does.

You seem to be a lot of fun to be with. Optimistic, happy, one who can make others feel good, obviously someone who could 'charm the birds from the trees', the sort of person who has infectious joy in his heart, capable of lifting those who are troubled and need to be with a happy chappy like you. There are two few people around who fit that 'spec'.

I think you're forgetting a league 1 title.

And how does that impact on our ability to get promoted from the Championship other than it's enabled us to be in this league? Winning League 1 with the squad we had and getting out of this league is a completely different challenge. I'm not dismissing that season, it was one of my favourite years as a Leicester fan but the fact still remains that we've been utter horse muck for nearly a decade bar a season or so.

And how does that impact on our ability to get promoted from the Championship other than it's enabled us to be in this league? Winning League 1 with the squad we had and getting out of this league is a completely different challenge. I'm not dismissing that season, it was one of my favourite years as a Leicester fan but the fact still remains that we've been utter horse muck for nearly a decade bar a season or so.

Loads of teams recently have used the momentum they gathered in League One to great effect in mounting promotion pushes from the Championship - we made it to the playoffs in our first season back, Norwich got promoted, Southampton got promoted. It can have a positive effect on your teams ability to get out the Championship. Just saying.

Loads of teams recently have used the momentum they gathered in League One to great effect in mounting promotion pushes from the Championship - we made it to the playoffs in our first season back, Norwich got promoted, Southampton got promoted. It can have a positive effect on your teams ability to get out the Championship. Just saying.

Erm... yeah. And your point is...?

The cases you've mentioned are the absolute exception to the rule. How many times in the past 100+ years of English football has a team marched straight through two leagues to get to the highest level?

Archived