Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Negative Reactions

What do you expect people to be happy as larry?

Team selection was all wrong, we started Vardy who yet again didn't perform, and we ended up losing in the 88th minute, just like old times.

To me that is nothing to be positive about, despite being second and having the best goal difference, we conceded twice yesterday, and even though we are second, Watford and Hull are joint on points with us.

Bad weekend all round for the top six, but Leicester losing was probably the worst result for any team in the top six, it was our chance to capitalise on the draw between Palace and Watford, and even though they played after us, I'm pretty sure people thought Brighton would win against Hull which they did, we could of been 3 points clear of third place, but instead we are level on points.

Depressing weekend to be a Leicester fan.

What utter drivel KF, so being 2nd after 30 games with an amazing goal difference and primarily playing exciting attacking football is nothing to be happy about? Think you might need to call the Samaritans Sharpish

Something to ponder on too......today was the first time this season that Barca have scored 6 in a league game! :P

What utter drivel KF, so being 2nd after 30 games with an amazing goal difference and primarily playing exciting attacking football is nothing to be happy about? Think you might need to call the Samaritans Sharpish

Something to ponder on too......today was the first time this season that Barca have scored 6 in a league game! :P

Yes it is exciting, yesterday wasn't, and in terms of conceding goals, the result and the way we should of capitalized on other results, it was depressing and not very "amazing"

i was annoyed at loosing (more so from the performance/effort shown and the missed oppurtunity) but the reaction is laughable. so what they are bottom of the league! pull your head out your arse! should win games are only a prediction,fact is who ever is the better side on the day will get the win....it doesn't always make them a better team, just like you still wouldn't say celtic are better than barcalona and oldham are better than liverpool they just were on that day, the league table shows the truth, its a game of points and we have more than them.

WARNING all leicester fans loosing to a team we "should" win against will happen again it doesn't just happen to us! its the reaction from the team/overall season that tells you how your team is doing.... currently it tells us were second best in the league.

Bad weekend all round for the top six, but Leicester losing was probably the worst result for any team in the top six, it was our chance to capitalise on the draw between Palace and Watford, and even though they played after us, I'm pretty sure people thought Brighton would win against Hull which they did, we could of been 3 points clear of third place, but instead we are level on points.

WTF you going on about?? How do you work out leicester losing being the worst result for any teams in the top 6?

Obviously a defeat brings negative reactions. If you're happy after defeat (unless we are playing against a ridiculously good team and put in a top performance despite losing) then you probably don't care enough about your team. I of course was p*ssed off when we lost yesterday. But, you've got to realise that you can't win them all and that was the first time we've lost this year! For some people to slag the players, manager etc off the way they have done is a bit ridiculous.

We are second! We play some lovely football at times, have some wonderful players and a very good manager who gets the best out of his players. Yesterday was but a blip on probably the best season we have had since we last got promoted to the PL. Never have I been so excited to go to Leicester games as I have been this season, there's just something about the way we are playing etc that still makes me believe. Don't get me wrong yesterday we were sh*te. You don't suddenly become awful after one bad performance. Even our goal was top class build up play (shows we still have it in us).

No doubt, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and air it on FT and debate with others (as is the point of such a forum). It just shocks me how many people jump on players backs and on the managers back after 1 defeat. We should be happy to have the players we do rather than some of the sh*te that has been brought in in previous reigns (I'm sure you can name a few players). Yes Vardy and Waghorn aren't gonna win us automatic on their own. They are part of a SQUAD. A squad which has got us to this wonderful position, with these players indeed being important in giving us points this season. If we were to have such backup that was as good as our first 11 then no doubt we would walk the league! However, who has the ability to buy all these players and keep them happy?!

Anyway, rant over. My point is, always back the boys no matter what. I'm still confident we can do it!

WTF you going on about?? How do you work out leicester losing being the worst result for any teams in the top 6?

We lost, when we could of been 3 points clear.

Hull lost yet are still joint on points with us, so it wasn't too bad for them. Watford and Crystal Palace drew, yet Watford are still level on points and Palace are also not far behind.

So results worked out better for those three sides, and not us.

Hull lost yet are still joint on points with us, so it wasn't too bad for them. Watford and Crystal Palace drew, yet Watford are still level on points and Palace are also not far behind.

They didn't work out better for them though did they.

Both Hull and Watford could be 3 points clear of us. Really we were the lucky ones. We lost but the teams around us didn't take advantage of that and luckily we are still sitting in 2nd.

Both Hull and Watford could be 3 points clear of us. Really we were the lucky ones. We lost but the teams around us didn't take advantage of that and luckily we are still sitting in 2nd.

But we could of been 3 points clear, and we should of took advantage, with a 3 point lead and incredible goal difference our position in second place would look even better; however we failed to move three points clear, and now two teams are level on points with us, and Palace are only one behind.

But we could of been 3 points clear, and we should of took advantage, with a 3 point lead and incredible goal difference our position in second place would look even better; however we failed to move three points clear, and now two teams are level on points with us, and Palace are only one behind.

Wudda/Shudda/Cudda we lost fortunately teams around us couldn't take advantage of it.So really we aren't in any a worse of a position than before.

Watford blew a 2 goal lead to go second on Friday. Hull blew the chance of knowing a point would have moved them into second.

We blew a 1 goal lead but still stayed second, so I don't see how we are the worst affected team in the top 6.

The reactions when we lose are typical of all supporters not just Leicester fans. These reactions are also the thing that seperates us the emotional football supporter, to the professional managers, coaches etc that work in the game and are in charge. When we lose a game, a good majority lose our heads. 'Play Futacs, get Schlupp back, Waghorn and Vardy aint good enough, we need a loan player, without Wood we're finished' etc etc. We operate on the emotional level and when we lose it hurts so we spout any old shite to make ourselves feel better.

The fact is with the squad we've got, we've done very well. When on song, we play the best football in the league. I've had the misfortune of seeing Cardiff play many times this season and there performances havent been much better than ours against Boro, Wolves and the Hudd cup game. The only difference between them and us is, they've built that squad for a number of years, had several years of being there or thereabouts and its now paying dividend.

I try not to look at matches in isolation too much as you can drive yourself mad. Over the course of a season, you finish where you deserve to. Up to now, we definitely deserve the 2nd spot. Over the next few weeks we'll see if that remains the case.

The Peterborough loss was bad but doesnt define our squad or our season. Before Wood arrived we still had the best goal difference in the league and we'd enjoyed spells in the automatic places and play off places so I see no reason why we cant continue without him.

Panic signings and panic changes in formation are not what NP and his staff are about. We are disciplined, well drilled and operate as a unit.

We will be going up automatically. Its difficult to accept after so many false dawns, but it is going to happen.

What do you expect people to be happy as larry?

Team selection was all wrong, we started Vardy who yet again didn't perform, and we ended up losing in the 88th minute, just like old times.

To me that is nothing to be positive about, despite being second and having the best goal difference, we conceded twice yesterday, and even though we are second, Watford and Hull are joint on points with us.

Depressing weekend to be a Leicester fan.

Middlesbrough's was the worst of the top 6, they're in freefall.

Saturday was not great, but for 60+ minutes everything was going fine...... :thumbup:

A dogged if unspectacular first half stopped Peterboro in their tracks, cooled things down and put us in control, sure they had some possession but never troubled Schmeichel and our own play suggested that we could increase the tempo anytime we wanted.

Which is exactly what happened at the start of the second half, for about 15-20 minutes we were different class, scored once and it looked like a second was on the way, then, inexplicably we stopped playing...... :o

We went into a sort of cruise control where everyone expected someone else to do the work, we stopped pressing, didn't track their runners and when in possession we didn't show for the ball....... :dunno:

Peterboro saw this happen and grabbed their chance, they were all over us and neither our players nor our management had the faintest idea how to turn things around.

In that respect Kingfox is right, once our game plan slipped from our grasp we were in trouble, no idea what to do and it showed.

What are you sniffing?

Everyone was lucky the other teams lost, nobody came out of this weekend a winner.

Seems that losing to the little upstart club just up the A47 compounds the disapointment. after all, we don't even consider them as rivals. :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that.

You are bottom of the table and we do expect to beat you. You won fair and square, no complaints about how you went about it.

Now if you could take points from the teams around us when you play them then great.

Team selection, IMO was poor.

Team selection was most probably the only option we had if staying 4-4-2. James has been out injured, had he not been he'd most probably have started the game. Vardy and Waghorn are a much of a muchness.

So why replace one with the other?

Do you think players stay at the same level all game long and don't tire?

Why keep Futacs on the bench if we're never going to use him, why keep him at the club at all?

Because Vardy (mainly) and Waghorn also cover wide positions if needed. So you could end up with Vardy out wide and one of Nuge / Waghorn being tired and needing to be replaced?

Archived