Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Negative Reactions

Since yesterday, i've seen some of the most outrageous overreactions ever. I know this is FoxesTalk - home of over reactions, but come on.

- Still have the best goal difference in the league.

- Still have one of the best defences in the league.

- Our home form is exemplary.

- Pearson is a young, clever manager that has us playing some extremely good to watch football.

- We are SECOND in the league.

Plus. We are no longer a farse. We are no longer laughed at for having trigger happy owners, spending millions on overrated has been players.

Yes we will lose the odd game, sometimes against the bottom club. But is this not why we love football? It's unpredictability? Like when we were under MON's tenure, we could beat anybody even though we had a less talented team of players?

Think yesterday was a reality check. We will still be there come April/May.

Since yesterday, i've seen some of the most outrageous overreactions ever. I know this is FoxesTalk - home of over reactions, but come on.

- Pearson is a young, clever manager that has us playing some extremely good to watch football.

Plus. We are no longer a farse. We are no longer laughed at for having trigger happy owners, spending millions on overrated has been players.

Yes we will lose the odd game, sometimes against the bottom club. But is this not why we love football? It's unpredictability? Like when we were under MON's tenure, we could beat anybody even though we had a less talented team of players?

Yep..

And we lost and didn't play at all well against the team bottom of the division.

Team selection, IMO was poor.

Get some balance...

I think we're a good side. Yesterday was a poor result, so people comment.

What do you want? All singing and all dancing positivity all the time? That's just as boring and unnecessary as the doom and gloom lads.

Thought the team selection was poor yesterday to be honest.

Last couple of league games I thought we have looked shaky at the back and that continued yesterday and we were punished.

As it turns out luckily results around us went our way. The only disappointing thing is we could have opened up a bit of a gap.

We won't win every game and Peterborough have a habit against picking up points against team closer to the top. But we can't have many more poor performances like that between now and the of the season.

Thought the team selection was poor yesterday to be honest.

Last couple of league games I thought we have looked shaky at the back and that continued yesterday and we were punished.

As it turns out luckily results around us went our way. The only disappointing thing is we could have opened up a bit of a gap.

We won't win every game and Peterborough have a habit against picking up points against team closer to the top. But we can't have many more poor performances like that between now and the of the season.

:thumbup:

Exactly

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

Don't they know it's the end of the world

'Cause we lost at London Road?

Why do the birds go on singing?

Why do the stars glow above?

Don't they know it's the end of the world

It ended when we lost that game

I wake up in the morning and I wonder

Why ev'rything is the same as it was

I can't understand, no, I can't understand

How life goes on the way it does!

Why does my heart go on beating?

Why do these eyes of mine cry?

Don't they know it's the end of the world?

Don't they know It's the end of the world?

Hey guess what people, we'll lose again before the end of the season. OH NOES *cries*.

Many people predicted a defeat yesterday as it's where we always put in a lacklustre performance, this doesn't excuse the performance but c'mon we all KNEW it would happen. I even got the score right.

Many people (probably most) predicted playoffs before the season & we're still on well track for those & even if we don't make it we've built massively stronger foundations for next season, than this season. Kinda like Cardiff always being near the top & then with a couple of tweaks they're flying.

Anyway, it's an inescapable fact that we're the second best side in the division season to date, but performance levels will need to return to where they were in Jan to stay there, can we do that?

Hell yes, but hard, hard work is the key. It's what makes all the fancy stuff come off & yesterday we just didn't work hard enough - selection & formation etc pales into insignificance in comparison to hard work.

yesterday was not 'shruggofable'(good eh)in my opinion.little bit fortunate in the last two games.If we are going to compete top level we just cannot jog along with this sort of thing.

Selection was questionable,missed decent chances and let them come on to us after taking the lead with a decent goal.If NP made a change to strengthen the midfield just after we scored I dont think anyone would have been unhappy.James if he was fit was the man for the job yesterday along with dyer in for marshall later in the game which we did.

Its a forum we all have opinions but ive struggling with the opinions that its just a blip and no worries

I don't think the reactions should be viewed in isolation but rather as part of an extended narrative. Whether that narrative is 'true' is another thing however. We tend to see what we want to see in a defeat, most of us try and make the defeat fit our pre existing belief. This is mine...

All of our success under Pearson (both mk1 and mk2) is built upon incredibly fine margins. His organisational skills enable us to sneak narrow victories or hang on to draws. The fact that up until yesterday we'd not conceded in the last 10 mins of a match reflect this. When we play well we play at our absolute maximum, there are no passengers, it takes just one off day from one individual and the system begins to crumble and mediocrity spreads throughout the side. Yesterday saw that mediocrity creep through the side and us fail to halt its spread.

For me we didn't lose because of Vardy and Waghorn but we certainly did not draw because of them (if that's not too paradoxical). What Wood gave us, or another striker could give us, is that ruthlessness in front of goal. Half chances were gobbled up and dispatched. Nugent is a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer, he fashions chances out of very little. Waghorn and Vardy require clear guilt edged chances to score and even then success is not guaranteed. What we lacked yesterday is that ruthless predatory finisher who in games of fine margins could get us out of jail. As the cross was rolled back deliciously by Dyer how many of us believed it would be dispatched? Who amongst us believes if that chance was replayed a hundred more times that it would ever result in a goal? That in my opinion is our biggest problem.

I don't think the reactions should be viewed in isolation but rather as part of an extended narrative. Whether that narrative is 'true' is another thing however. We tend to see what we want to see in a defeat, most of us try and make the defeat fit our pre existing belief. This is mine...

All of our success under Pearson (both mk1 and mk2) is built upon incredibly fine margins. His organisational skills enable us to sneak narrow victories or hang on to draws. The fact that up until yesterday we'd not conceded in the last 10 mins of a match reflect this. When we play well we play at our absolute maximum, there are no passengers, it takes just one off day from one individual and the system begins to crumble and mediocrity spreads throughout the side. Yesterday saw that mediocrity creep through the side and us fail to halt its spread.

For me we didn't lose because of Vardy and Waghorn but we certainly did not draw because of them (if that's not too paradoxical). What Wood gave us, or another striker could give us, is that ruthlessness in front of goal. Half chances were gobbled up and dispatched. Nugent is a scorer of great goals rather than a great goal scorer, he fashions chances out of very little. Waghorn and Vardy require clear guilt edged chances to score and even then success is not guaranteed. What we lacked yesterday is that ruthless predatory finisher who in games of fine margins could get us out of jail. As the cross was rolled back deliciously by Dyer how many of us believed it would be dispatched? Who amongst us believes if that chance was replayed a hundred more times that it would ever result in a goal? That in my opinion is our biggest problem.

Agree Mike, however to temper that very fair point what predators were Man City missing yesterday? What I am eluding too is the mere nature of football leagues and crazy results. Yesterday we had too many players below par and they raised their game and beat us fair and square! Shit happens sometimes!

Agree Mike, however to temper that very fair point what predators were Man City missing yesterday? What I am eluding too is the mere nature of football leagues and crazy results. Yesterday we had too many players below par and they raised their game and beat us fair and square! Shit happens sometimes!

It does indeed. However, you can reduce the amount of times 'shit happens' by taking certain measures. United lost the league last season due to spurned chances, in the summer they go out and get RVP and advocate all out, balls to the wall attacking to cover for their piss poor defence.

To his credit Pearson went shopping for Wood to rectify the issue which had plagued us in the first half of the season, chances spurned in tight matches, remove one of Wood or Nuge and the issue remains.

This is not a dig at Pearson and Walsh but Wood aside their record in scouting strikers is questionable.

It does indeed. However, you can reduce the amount of times 'shit happens' by taking certain measures. United lost the league last season due to spurned chances, in the summer they go out and get RVP and advocate all out, balls to the wall attacking to cover for their piss poor defence.

To his credit Pearson went shopping for Wood to rectify the issue which had plagued us in the first half of the season, chances spurned in tight matches, remove one of Wood or Nuge and the issue remains.

This is not a dig at Pearson and Walsh but Wood aside their record in scouting strikers is questionable.

True again and I am sure NP took a look at RVP :P Joking aside due to the apparent gulf in class between Nuge, Wood and the rest it could be problematic though we haven't seen a lot of Futacs for whatever reason and in defence of the other two there are potential excuses but that opens up a whole other can of worms :ph34r:

True again and I am sure NP took a look at RVP :P Joking aside due to the apparent gulf in class between Nuge, Wood and the rest it could be problematic though we haven't seen a lot of Futacs for whatever reason and in defence of the other two there are potential excuses but that opens up a whole other can of worms :ph34r:

It does indeed. I believe everyone would like to be proved wrong about Vardy and Waghorn but sadly it does not appear that will happen. They've had half a season, it's not happening time to sadly cut them loose and try something else.

Performance and result was bad. Over reactions were worse. But it's a forum - i.e a place to spout your opinion and comment on things, such as the bad performance and result. So 2+2=4

But perspective should prevail:

- We're 2nd place. When last season and the season before after loads of money on 'big names' and on big name managers, we finished 9th and 10th.

- We've been playing really well pretty consistently over the whole season - hence us being there or thereabouts all season

- Scoring lots of goals, conceding few, goals throughout the team

- Showing quite a bit of resilience - I think we've only dropped 7 points all season from winning positions, we've only ever lost a game by 1 goal, only conceded 2 goals in a game 8 times, only conceded 9 goals in the second half of games

2nd place is ours to lose and surely we'd all have taken that back in the summer?

Yep..

And we lost and didn't play at all well against the team bottom of the division.

Team selection, IMO was poor.

Get some balance...

I think we're a good side. Yesterday was a poor result, so people comment.

What do you want? All singing and all dancing positivity all the time? That's just as boring and unnecessary as the doom and gloom lads.

People to not start threads saying our season is over and we are a joke for losing one game.

I'm fine with constructive criticism without being hysterical and overreacting.

I dont get why after one result people react in the way they do. Why do players need to be scapegoats, why do people think its the end of the world? What will be, will be and Im still confident we'll go up. There is far too much panic when we lose, I dont understand how football has got like this

Cos some people aren't happy unless they have something to moan about.

What do you expect people to be happy as larry?

Team selection was all wrong, we started Vardy who yet again didn't perform, and we ended up losing in the 88th minute, just like old times.

To me that is nothing to be positive about, despite being second and having the best goal difference, we conceded twice yesterday, and even though we are second, Watford and Hull are joint on points with us.

Bad weekend all round for the top six, but Leicester losing was probably the worst result for any team in the top six, it was our chance to capitalise on the draw between Palace and Watford, and even though they played after us, I'm pretty sure people thought Brighton would win against Hull which they did, we could of been 3 points clear of third place, but instead we are level on points.

Depressing weekend to be a Leicester fan.

Plus. We are no longer a farse. We are no longer laughed at for having trigger happy owners, spending millions on overrated has been

players.

Some sense for once

Archived