Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Radio Leicester

Just a query is it possible to pick up on the commentary for Leicester matches for away games? I know it depends on signal, but does anybody pick up the signal?

Depends where you are obviously, otherwise get yourself a DAB.

Depends where you are obviously, otherwise get yourself a DAB.

How do you get it to work on DAB?

I got a DAB the other day but can't pick up RL. It's got an FM option where I can pick up RL clearly but not on the DAB. It just says 'station not available'.

Under the right conditions I can hear Radio Leicester in Newcastle! This is only when signals bounce of the troposphere. You can actually forecast when this will happen here.

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

You basically need oranges over Leicester ducting out to your location. A long shot, I know!

When they bounce off the ionosphere (which is higher up)I can hear local stations from north Africa at times. This cannot be predicted and is called sporadic e.

Under the right conditions I can hear Radio Leicester in Newcastle! This is only when signals bounce of the troposphere. You can actually forecast when this will happen here.

http://www.dxinfocen.../tropo_nwe.html

You basically need oranges over Leicester ducting out to your location. A long shot, I know!

When they bounce off the ionosphere (which is higher up)I can hear local stations from north Africa at times. This cannot be predicted and is called sporadic e.

Goes a way to explaining why at some point last summer, I retuned my TV in Leicester and got BBC and ITV Yorkshire. I'm gonna be checking that site all the time now to see if I can pick up weird radio stations. :(

If you can't get a signal the solution is simple. Get the bloke next to you to call you 'chief', have someone else ask you answers not questions, get someone else to confuse the names all the non uk players and most importantly ensure that at no point do you even have a vague idea of what's actually happening. Once the game finishes try and find either someone who hasn't seen or heard the game to tell you what they think or find a man called Roy as quickly as possible and get his opinion.

If you can't get a signal the solution is simple. Get the bloke next to you to call you 'chief', have someone else ask you answers not questions, get someone else to confuse the names all the non uk players and most importantly ensure that at no point do you even have a vague idea of what's actually happening. Once the game finishes try and find either someone who hasn't seen or heard the game to tell you what they think or find a man called Roy as quickly as possible and get his opinion.

:thumbup: Then you can phone in yourself and speak with greater authority, especially if you engage Stringer in a conversation about different hats worn in the stands! lol

Archived