Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

De Laet

De Laet is comfortably one of our best players. His attacking play is outstanding and a real threat, when he is held back for 'tactical' reasons (Millwall, Watford etc) we look awful.

We need to sort out the cover for him though, Morgan clearly does not like going wide, contrast his play with the way Keane routinely covers Konchesky, so one of the central midfielders need to be prepared to hold position and cover........ :thumbup:

De Laet is comfortably one of our best players. His attacking play is outstanding and a real threat, when he is held back for 'tactical' reasons (Millwall, Watford etc) we look awful.

We need to sort out the cover for him though, Morgan clearly does not like going wide, contrast his play with the way Keane routinely covers Konchesky, so one of the central midfielders need to be prepared to hold position and cover........ :thumbup:

Do you not think Marshall covers De Laet? For one thing, Marshall doesn't have De Laet's pace and is often overtaken, but often last night, Marshall's crosses came from nearer the halfway line than the goal-line.

Generally if we play Knockaert and Marshall, Knockaert seems to have much more freedom to go forwards than does Marshall. It's crossed my mind that people think Marshall has been off form because he has been instructed to play more defensively.

I could be wrong though.

I think the reason for Marshall's off form so to speak was because he was being played on the Left Flank he isn't comfortable on that side, whereas Knockaert is.

Last night Marshall was played on the right to great avail, hopefully NP leaves him their.

I think the reason for Marshall's off form so to speak was because he was being played on the Left Flank he isn't comfortable on that side, whereas Knockaert is.

Last night Marshall was played on the right to great avail, hopefully NP leaves him their.

I hope so too.

Just got back, usually give my thoughts on the game first, but need to get this off my chest.

As many of you know, I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but when I think he has done well I admit it. Tonight I thought he played really well, and it was definitely one of his better games defensively. Tonight though I had two men sitting next to me, never seen them before, and hopefully I don't see them again. First half they weren't that bad, a bit of swearing then they decided to go downstairs at about 25 mins into the half, so they missed both of our first half goals. They came back for the second half, sat down and from the get go, one of them started slagging De Laet off, I have never heard such awful abuse at the King Power stadium, by two of our "supposed fans", it was well and truly awful. I thought he was playing well, but they were finding fault with everything, one of them used the phrase "headless chicken" about ten times, and often swore about his "bad positioning" and that he should tell Marshall to push up more. One of them said to the other "I've been watching him closely, and he's fookin crap isn't he, he doesn't know where he is, he is a fookin headless chicken". On one occasion, he questioned his positioning yet again, couple of seconds later, Blackburn played the ball into the box, and De Laet timed his tackle excellently...he shut up then.

He also used much more abuse than that, and it went on all second half until 83 minutes, when they decided to leave. So they also missed the third goal as well :D

I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but I will admit myself I thought he played very well tonight, and I was happy with his defensive display. These two idiots though, hopefully don't return and sit next to me in future.

They were utterly disgraceful.

De Laets been excellent this season.

This is one of the reasons I struggle to motivate myself to get down the King Power more than about 8 or 9 times a season, and it'll probably fall just short of that this season with all the TV games. Leicester City footballing experts who spout utter drivel, as I've said before I've herd people claiming Wellens is a better player than Drinkwater, dog abuse at King, people slating Nugent, it's not like it's every know and again, only about 25% of the comments I hear in the stadium have any sense or thought about them, at all.

I think I've heard Izzets name mentioned every time I've been this season "do you know who we could really do with at the minute" sigh.

He needs his own song now

Doo Do Doo Do Do Do doo do doo

De Laet's the way aha aha I like it aha aha

To the tune of 'That's the way I like it' KC and Sunshine Band

PS sorry if this has been suggested before or it should be in new chants.

He needs his own song now

To the tune of 'That's the way I like it' KC and Sunshine Band

PS sorry if this has been suggested before or it should be in new chants.

This should deffo get going.

Which means it wont.

A great right back at this level, raw in places but he'll become more consistent & will be a good player.

Concerns me on occasions (from a team point of view) that he's our most threatening player going forward when he's our right back.....albeit the forays forward with the ball are often impressive.

Archived