Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

De Laet

Just got back, usually give my thoughts on the game first, but need to get this off my chest.

As many of you know, I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but when I think he has done well I admit it. Tonight I thought he played really well, and it was definitely one of his better games defensively. Tonight though I had two men sitting next to me, never seen them before, and hopefully I don't see them again. First half they weren't that bad, a bit of swearing then they decided to go downstairs at about 25 mins into the half, so they missed both of our first half goals. They came back for the second half, sat down and from the get go, one of them started slagging De Laet off, I have never heard such awful abuse at the King Power stadium, by two of our "supposed fans", it was well and truly awful. I thought he was playing well, but they were finding fault with everything, one of them used the phrase "headless chicken" about ten times, and often swore about his "bad positioning" and that he should tell Marshall to push up more. One of them said to the other "I've been watching him closely, and he's fookin crap isn't he, he doesn't know where he is, he is a fookin headless chicken". On one occasion, he questioned his positioning yet again, couple of seconds later, Blackburn played the ball into the box, and De Laet timed his tackle excellently...he shut up then.

He also used much more abuse than that, and it went on all second half until 83 minutes, when they decided to leave. So they also missed the third goal as well :D

I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but I will admit myself I thought he played very well tonight, and I was happy with his defensive display. These two idiots though, hopefully don't return and sit next to me in future.

They were utterly disgraceful.

5live said it was one of the best full back performances they'd seen all season.

He has his flaws but I like the lad alot. Quick feet and his pace is superb. He does get caught out sometimes but so did Kyle Naughton who seems to be most peoples benchmark for what a right back should be.

Just got back, usually give my thoughts on the game first, but need to get this off my chest.

As many of you know, I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but when I think he has done well I admit it. Tonight I thought he played really well, and it was definitely one of his better games defensively. Tonight though I had two men sitting next to me, never seen them before, and hopefully I don't see them again. First half they weren't that bad, a bit of swearing then they decided to go downstairs at about 25 mins into the half, so they missed both of our first half goals. They came back for the second half, sat down and from the get go, one of them started slagging De Laet off, I have never heard such awful abuse at the King Power stadium, by two of our "supposed fans", it was well and truly awful. I thought he was playing well, but they were finding fault with everything, one of them used the phrase "headless chicken" about ten times, and often swore about his "bad positioning" and that he should tell Marshall to push up more. One of them said to the other "I've been watching him closely, and he's fookin crap isn't he, he doesn't know where he is, he is a fookin headless chicken". On one occasion, he questioned his positioning yet again, couple of seconds later, Blackburn played the ball into the box, and De Laet timed his tackle excellently...he shut up then.

He also used much more abuse than that, and it went on all second half until 83 minutes, when they decided to leave. So they also missed the third goal as well :D

I've never been De Laet's biggest fan, but I will admit myself I thought he played very well tonight, and I was happy with his defensive display. These two idiots though, hopefully don't return and sit next to me in future.

I had a similar altercation with a "day passer" last week. Would rather them not turn up if they're just there to spout negative crap all game!

Make your point where it's valid, please!

Where art thou paragraph

Maybe it was banter.

lol

Why didn't you man up and say something then.

Or you could have asked them if they wished to add him to your "victims list"

Why didn't I man up, because I'm a pussy?

They are definitely top of my victims list.

I said when they went though, "De Laet played well didn't he, Man of the Match?"

I said to my mate I would do it, and I did.

Wouldn't say it to them when they are sitting down, because they could of attacked me easier.

I picked my moment like a true professional.

I don't understand that KF, you being fearful that an opinion you express could lead to you being attacked :P

I don't understand that KF, you being fearful that an opinion you express could lead to you being attacked :P

They had muscle.

But anyway, it was disgraceful.

So glad they missed all three goals as well.

Serves them right.

Just do what my brother does whenever we are near brain dead fans. Just keep repeating what wthey are saying but in a student voice! They normally go alot quieter when they realise! Every now and agin something happens and they go again automatically and my brother just keeps going! I try and join in but am usually crying with laughter!

Archived