Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

LCFC owners purchase King Power Stadium

How is it blind faith when they've made a £17m commitment?

I think until Top has LCFC tattoo'd on his cock and changes the name of Bangkok airport to Walshy's Place, some people are gonna remain suspicious.

I'm not suspicious

But buying something for £17m so you can offset the investment against profit from elsewhere in the group to make yourself more tax efficient in some way isn't anything to prove their fans of the club, or even in it for the longer term. It's just good business practice.

Add to that the fact it's worth over £40m.

Anyway, they're here to see the job through at least until they get their money back if not forever... They'll either get their money back after a couple of years in the Prem or by sitting there charging us 8% on everything for the next 50 years ;)

This is good news overall, glad to see the premises now being owned by the parent company. Interestingly it also makes us more of an attractive proposition to potential buyers should we reach the Premier League and the owners decide to sell. I doubt there would have been much interest in the club without being in full ownership of all of the assets, and knowing that a third party was involved. This will certainly add value to their investment.

King Power Holdings is the company all of their property is owned under.

From what I understand (and this comes from a Real Estate Expert at Natwest not I!!), the holding company KPH, can charge AFI a higher rent so AFI can avoid paying a higher proportion of tax.

Its common practice apparantly!!

The fact that Vichai and Top are basically both companies, such an arrangement benefits them which in turn benefits the Football Club. From what i've been told, a high proportion of clubs in this country (whether foreign owned or not) operate this sort of system.

It's possible not sure if under the new ownership under KPI that would happen as the club isn't under the AFI name anymore, who did you speak to mate? Ready for another Leicester road trip soon?

Its possible not sure if under the new ownership under KPI that would happen as the club isn't under the AFI name anymore, who did you speak to mate? Ready for another Leicester road trip soon?

Dont worry it wasnt your dad!!! It was TC in Plymouth. Deffo up for another trip. I reckon one of the Friday nighters might be decent.

Dont worry it wasnt your dad!!! It was TC in Plymouth. Deffo up for another trip. I reckon one of the Friday nighters might be decent.

I still don't know what dads username is on Foxestalk will have to get hold of Chris too haven't spoken to him since last match

just got in and read through this ,

am i right in thinking then that top and co have bought the ground but really they have just loaned the club the money to buy it ?

so everything we now owe is to top and co ...

NEXT STAGE THEN TO MAKE TOP A HERO ................................DO A MAN CITY A WIPE ALL DEBTS OWED :) HAPPY DAYS

New KFC opening next to the Maccies. My guess is you'll find him there!!

lol brilliant, I've been going on about it for weeks even asked my manager for a 2 hour lunch break next friday when it opens

I'm not suspicious

But buying something for £17m so you can offset the investment against profit from elsewhere in the group to make yourself more tax efficient in some way isn't anything to prove their fans of the club, or even in it for the longer term. It's just good business practice.

Add to that the fact it's worth over £40m.

Anyway, they're here to see the job through at least until they get their money back if not forever... They'll either get their money back after a couple of years in the Prem or by sitting there charging us 8% on everything for the next 50 years ;)

It's not worth £40m, you wanted to sell it you'd get just what the land is worth in reality no matter what the books say.

It's not worth £40m, you wanted to sell it you'd get just what the land is worth in reality no matter what the books say.

It might of been worth more a few years ago when Tigers had an interest in playing at the stadium, now it really is just worth its value in land minus the expense to tear it all down

Basically if the owners wanted to recoup the £17m over 10 years which is £1.7m extra per year, they would have to increase each match ticket by around £4 a game based on an average attendance of 23,000. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this happen in stages over the next 2 years and by more than that amount if we make the Premier League.

Which would be brain dead because they'll never sustain 23k should they stay in this league.

As long as he got 20 goals. Not 19, not 21, if he gets 20 goals then he IS the man.

I know, and if he scores 19 league goals and one in the cup I say he hang him by his balls from the clock tower!

Archived