Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

LCFC owners purchase King Power Stadium

A real sign that they're here for the long term in my opinion - they could have been well within their rights to see if we got promotion before finalising the stadium deal, but the fact that they've done it when we're not nailed on for promotion is a good sign for me.

What a fabulous piece of news to wake up to ! So much more interesting than two people arguing about why we do or don't score from corners or whatever ! Never thought I'd be seeing this news anytime soon. And kept so hush hush ??

Good news.

They're in it for the long term these boys.

I know they're saying there are no plans for structural changes to the ground, but this certainly makes that option a lot easier to fulfill so one eye is clearly on the future.

If they could just cover up the concrete of the stands and take those dirty fabric posters down, covering it up with some cladding, we'd be in business. St. Mary's have it at more or less the same design and it looks so much neater.

great-stadium.jpg

It'd be nice to see the work done for it to be able to host concerts. I'd be all over a Kasabian stadium tour date at the KP.

Good news.

They're in it for the long term these boys.

I know they're saying there are no plans for structural changes to the ground, but this certainly makes that option a lot easier to fulfill so one eye is clearly on the future.

If they could just cover up the concrete of the stands and take those dirty fabric posters down, covering it up with some cladding, we'd be in business. St. Mary's have it at more or less the same design and it looks so much neater.

great-stadium.jpg

It'd be nice to see the work done for it to be able to host concerts. I'd be all over a Kasabian stadium tour date at the KP.

That'd be amazing. Tom Meighan is well up for it I think it's just as you say- the structural issues

What a fabulous piece of news to wake up to ! So much more interesting than two people arguing about why we do or don't score from corners or whatever ! Never thought I'd be seeing this news anytime soon. And kept so hush hush ??

lol:thumbup:

We've got that at a knockdown price then for £17 million. Bearing in mind we'd not paid much of it off and were just paying the interest on it whilst out of the PL, they've done well to acquire it for that price and it's a shrewd move.

We've got that at a knockdown price then for £17 million. Bearing in mind we'd not paid much of it off and were just paying the interest on it whilst out of the PL, they've done well to acquire it for that price and it's a shrewd move.

It's about the amount left on the "mortgage" wasn't it. We paid off a certain amount ourselves when it was first built.

It's about the amount left on the "mortgage" wasn't it. We paid off a certain amount ourselves when it was first built.

I thought it was more nearer £25-30 million that was left on it? I'm sure I read that figure quoted a while back. You might be right though because the stadium supposedly only cost £32-35 million to build and with the sale of the Carling Stand for about £5 million and other bits of cash we must have put away for it, plus we were in the PL for a year and will have paid some off. My point about it being a bargain is irrelevent then! Haha

This is a very good move and a massive financial commitment from the owners that should make us all back up big-time now. The first aim must be to get into the PL, thn fill the KP to capacity for most home games and then expand.

And all Blues Fans keep your heads down - our "colleagues" in the Championship are going to hate us even more....:)

Up the Blues!!!!

Great news and like Ric said a very shrewd price aswell, I have no idea how much it was sold for but I imagine the reason why the price was so low was possibly due to the length of time our current lease was for?

Great deal for King Power, buying an asset like that for £17m? Seems cheap to me. Surprised Mandaric never bought it at that.

Sure it will work out from the point of view of King Power's accounts too.

Good & surprising news too, it's great to see the commitment for the long term.

Great news and like Ric said a very shrewd price aswell, I have no idea how much it was sold for but I imagine the reason why the price was so low was possibly due to the length of time our current lease was for?

Why would you pay off more than you owe?

This makes perfect sense for both parties, with KP holding all the cards at this stage. IF they waited until we're finally back in the Premier League both our demand for the stadium (+potential improvements) and financial security increase dramatically.

At this stage our financial security is tied to KP, an American pension fund has no use for a stadium which the occupants cannot afford, a fact I'm sure they are all too familiar with. So good business timing, which explains the price and has to be great news for us all.

According to the Merc

The 32,262-seater stadium was built at a cost of £37m and, following City's administration, part of the deal which brought the club out of receivership saw ownership of the stadium revert to Teachers.

They had supplied £28m via a bond scheme towards the stadium's construction, with the club taking a long-term lease while the bond repayments were made.

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18286999-detail/story.html?#ixzz2MHFrpUch

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

I thought we only got about £3.5 mill for Filbert St due to the costs involved in dismantling the Carling Stand which we failed to sell as separate item for the same reason.

Why would you pay off more than you owe?

Good question to be honest Babs I got no idea what the previous terms were on the stadium, I always thought the stadium was sold and that Milan may have secured a long term lease on the ground? I don't know if the stadium was sold outright or the existing mortgage was secured with a lender so we already had equity tied up in it? If that was the case then wouldn't we have already technically owned it still?

We owed £18m to teachers in 2004, with amount rising about 250k each year in the champ according to Tim Davies, so we shouldn't have owed them any more than about £20m. He even stated they were in process of negotiating a discount for early repayment.

I read somewhere a while ago that the repayments were £6 million a year in the Premier League and £3 million a year in the Championship.

Not paying these amounts will help us achieve FFP I would think, as the cost of the stadium won't be included as it is an infrastructure improvement.

?

I read somewhere a while ago that the repayments were £6 million a year in the Premier League and £3 million a year in the Championship.

Not paying these amounts will help us achieve FFP I would think, as the cost of the stadium won't be included as it is an infrastructure improvement.

?

I doubt the repayments would either.

Archived