Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phillo

we are going up

I don't know about going up... but Of course we're still in this!!!

Just need to make sure the work rate & effort is there in every game. If we put a shift in it allows brief moments where fancy magic can happen

Put pressure on the ball, press high, look to break with pace & we will get results.

I've pointed out so many times that 2nd is still well within reach even though some believe otherwise. I know I'm being optimistic but I still believe we'll go up automatically.

One Nigel Pearson!

You get nothing for "believing", or for "hunches", or for "hopes" or for forecasting that we'll win the next 10 games....

You might get something for focused preparation, ensuring the players are ridiculously fit, for picking the right team, for attending to the little details that make a difference, for having a sound tactical plan, for effectively neutralising the main strengths of the opposition, for imposing our own game on the opposition but most of all for getting the team into a frame of mind by which they totally believe in what they're doing and react knowingly and positively to every change in circumstances without ever doubting that they will succeed in the end.

There's not many on here who would firmly believe that Pearson has the tactical awareness to see us through an all or nothing playoff situation.

I'm not confident at all. Pearson has been found out. Up and at us we don't like it. Pearson doesn't have an answer for it.

We have the personnel but I don't think we'll make it. Love to be proved wrong though.

I've pointed out so many times that 2nd is still well within reach even though some believe otherwise. I know I'm being optimistic but I still believe we'll go up automatically.

People kept saying that about the play offs last season. In fact, people say stuff like this every season.

I've come to realise that these people are deluded.

People kept saying that about the play offs last season. In fact, people say stuff like this every season.

I've come to realise that these people are deluded.

I'd say it's equally deluded to rule out automatic promotion this season. Six points in the next two (hopefully) and people will think 2nd is possible again.

You get nothing for "believing", or for "hunches", or for "hopes" or for forecasting that we'll win the next 10 games....

You might get something for focused preparation, ensuring the players are ridiculously fit, for picking the right team, for attending to the little details that make a difference, for having a sound tactical plan, for effectively neutralising the main strengths of the opposition, for imposing our own game on the opposition but most of all for getting the team into a frame of mind by which they totally believe in what they're doing and react knowingly and positively to every change in circumstances without ever doubting that they will succeed in the end.

I'm not sure what to say to that. It isn't my job to do any of the above.

I do think Pearson can do everything you've said though which is exactly why I still hold the belief that we'll go up this season. In any case, I know Nigel won't be as silly as I'm being and will keep a level head.

Archived