Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 loss Post match

It's not about losing faith I always have a positive outlook but I will say if things aren't right and they definitely were not today, no real positive for me bar DeLaet until his injury. No energy, devoid of creativity and flat flat flat. The biggest problem is that regarding position and points,before ko we were still in a very good place! We looked like a team that were doomed for relegation instead of still in the mix today though. I described it in another thread like the had "dead man walking" aura about them. Whereas I do not feel that changing the manager now is the right thing to do there was something about the players that almost smacked of they know or sense something themselves! I would not be surprised if that crap Sun journalism turns into reality!

As others have said above, it was absolutely appalling.

I have not been a "Pearson out" man at any stage in his tenure (although I was pretty fed up after his "delusions of grandeur" interview in January last year) but now I honestly couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes. We've regressed from the division's most enterprising, exciting team to one which just lumps the ball up to Wood, who must be the least effective target man we've had since de Vries (albeit a wonderful finisher when given a sniff).

This is truly shit-on-a-stick football we're seeing at the moment and it is plainly clear to anybody watching that Pearson has absolutely no idea about how to fix it.

Wednesday looked like they were a team 20th in the league today but deserved their win thoroughly. I think that tells you all you need to know about the shit we're being served up at the moment.

A look at our last 8 games (7 league) paints a pretty grim picture:

Peterborough (A) 1-2

Huddersfield (H) 1-2

Charlton (H) 1-2

Blackpool (A) 0-0

Blackburn (H) 3-0

Ipswich (A) 0-1

Leeds (H) 1-1

Sheff Wed (H) 0-1

Two things strike me from that list. Firstly, that is a series of results that a team struggling in a relegation battle would consider absolutely unacceptable. It's one thing taking 5 points from a 7 game series of matches against mixed opposition, it's quite another when none of the teams you've played in that time look like finishing above 12th. These results are matching the performances too, we're playing awfully and getting awful results.

The second thing that jumps out is that the goals have completely dried up. That's 7 goals in 8 games and 4 blanks we've drawn in that time. Our joint top scorer in that period is a 19 year old loanee centre back.

It's all gone tits up since we abandoned our philosophy of playing fast-moving, fluid attacking football in favour of smacking it up to Wood. Pearson has completely fvcked up the hard work that he and the rest of the team did in the first four months of the season and he seems as baffled about how to change things as everyone else. For this reason I think a (judicious) change of manager may not be a bad thing at this stage. We need some fresh ideas because the team has gone stale.

Other than the bit about not giving a shit if he stays or goes (as I'd personally stick with him for now), I agree with every single word.

Waste of time again. No ideas again. Total lack of creativity against a poor team means another chance to make ground or give ourselves a gap is lost.

Most have probably been through our problems but we are totally lacking confidence and fluency. This is a world away from the football earlier this season. I'd like to know where it has gone and more importantly, is it coming back?

Do they want promotion? Do they want the glory, the excitement? We are heading for a decade out of the top flight and it isn't good enough.

We will need nothing short of a miracle for auto's now, I still have faith in Pearson and even if we don't go up, I believe we should keep him until next season at least. Would not be beneficial to sack him this late in the season.

a miracle??? we are 8 points of watford with a game in hand!! it aint over untill my mrs starts singing mate.

It's hard to understand quite why our performances have declined quite so much. Does it simply suggest that too many of the players don't have sufficient strength of character?

It's hard to understand quite why our performances have declined quite so much. Does it simply suggest that too many of the players don't have sufficient strength of character?

How about dont want to go up as hardly any would be in th team.

The likes of Wellens and Gallagher 2 of the perenial underachievers at our club have probably got to our star players and told them to not perform in other words the deadwood which NP likes having in the squad is f**king us up great job NP. :rolleyes:

Although I didn't go to the game, from what I saw on the highlights and reading what others have since remarked on here about it, yesterday's tussle against Wednesday looked every bit a relegation "six pointer" between two teams in the bottom six - rather than a team attempting to consolidate 5th place and push on versus a relegation threatened team! The result and manner of the defeat then suggested that the team higher up the league won with a clinical away display, when the reverse was actually the case! - although Kirkland looked to be the busier of the two keepers to be fair.

Lest we forget, March does appear to be the time under Pearson when the wheels start to come off the season though, again as others on here have remarked.....regardless of whether or not Pearson got manager of the month for January (curse??). A year ago we were poor while even as far back as in League One in March 2009, it saw our long and proud unbeaten run come to an end at Tranmere (and Peterboro also beat us later than month) - while the following season we started to stutter in the Championship play off season in........March - only to redeem ourselves later on that season to clinch 5th of course. Let's hope we can repeat that season now as time is beginning to run out - plus for Pearson too possibly.

It's Cardiff away next up of course. Although they have proved to be vulnerable and unconvincing in some of their recent home displays, it still won't be easy. More relevantly though, aside from Hull at home this season, we have yet to beat another team in the top six to date......which perhaps says it all better than anything else re our standing this season.

The likes of Wellens and Gallagher 2 of the perenial underachievers at our club have probably got to our star players and told them to not perform in other words the deadwood which NP likes having in the squad is f**king us up great job NP. :rolleyes:

This is possibly the stupidest thing I have read in a while. Simply unbelievable by a long stretch.

Archived