Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 loss Post match

well i didnt choose a god game to did i? that was truly shocking inept performance. Marshall was utter shite and offered nothing but woeful set pieces and giving them the ball.

De laet had our best chance as did king with a free header! but once again cudnt take them! no temp to our game - sorry but drinkwater and king are too similar and cant play together which stifled our service to wood and nugent ! kane isnt a winger FACT the quicker pearson realises that the better our service will get!

think we shud write off automatic promotion now and focus on securing at least 5th or 6th at least! forest r worrying me though and cud sneak in ahead of us which wud truly be kick in the bloody teeth considering they were dogshit earlier in the season! also wudnt be surprised if the thais pushed the panic button and sacked NP as promotion means financial fair play will not hit us !

Disappointing.

We are still very organised and very solid at the back, but the fluidity in attack just isn't there. That is mostly down to confidence, you can't go putting the blame 100% on Pearson for that when the same players were fantastic earlier in the season. It's a confidence thing, and it's something the players need to drag themselves out of.

2nd place is gone now, but we can still make the playoffs, and that is about where i expected us to be earlier in the season, taking into account the cuts to the squad and wage bill. We will be even better next season.

Please for the love of god, don't sack him and continue this manager merry go round of the last 10 years.

Positives : season ticket holders can now bring 3 friends to all 3 matches millwall birmingham and bolton instead 1 to one. Cardiff away bus is now free plus a pie pint scarf full home kit whilst stocks last, an easter egg , fondue set and a cuddly toy. WITH £20 cash back on return to Leicester and a 2013 calendar.

Negatives: we are looking more likely to be watching sheff utd next year than sheff w are

Positives : season ticket holders can now bring 3 friends to all 3 matches millwall birmingham and bolton instead 1 to one. Cardiff away bus is now free plus a pie pint scarf full home kit whilst stocks last, an easter egg , fondue set and a cuddly toy. WITH £20 cash back on return to Leicester and a 2013 calendar.

Negatives: we are looking more likely to be watching sheff utd next year than sheff w are

I don't hate my friends that much.

Great day today.missed these sat home 3 pm kos.great atmosphere 1st half in k/l.smoke was good, was that us or weds? Not keen on peado chants though.Result and performance shit but i dont seem too down for some reason.

The day that NP finally learned some humility in an interview ..... but he was totally clueless why we are losing and what to do about it.

That performance was just awful ..... wednesday are a very poor side and looked by far the better side throughout - there wasn't even a ten minute period that we dominated.

Terrible.

If Wednesday were Millwall we'd have lost 3-0 and NP would be gone now. Maybe the owners have given weds the benefit of the doubt with the sitters they missed.

Bye Nige. You should never have come back and tainted our fondness from first time around.

Just got back from the game. I am absolutely fuming about today, it was probably one of the most inept performances I have ever seen. The way we played from the very start of this game I didn't expect much, playing a slow Target Man on the left wing is absolutely criminal and an appalling team selection. The way we played football was absolutely pathetic, he just hoofed it from defence again and again with no result, did we do anything to amend this? Of course not, we waited until after 60 minutes like we always do to change something that was so wrong it was obvious. The only time we played the ball about a bit we created chances.

For their goal, we did absolutely nothing to prevent their right back from crossing the ball and the defending after the ball had been put in was shambolic. We had got away with letting the full back cross the ball with absolutely no challenge earlier in the game but didn't act upon this.

I'm not the kind of person to over react and want the manager to be sacked, but he needs to get his ****ing act together. Why he's decided to change our style of play from a high pressure, attacking team to a route one, slow, negative team I will never know. I think I'm more pissed off at the fact that we've completely ruined our chances of going up automatically by changing our brand of football from the one that was so succesful earlier in the season

First thrown by Wednesday, then a few thrown each way. Things were pretty tasty until it settled down a bit on 10 mins.

WLove it in L1 when theres a slight edge. If either side has scored early doors it would have gone barmy!

The day that NP finally learned some humility in an interview ..... but he was totally clueless why we are losing and what to do about it.

That performance was just awful ..... wednesday are a very poor side and looked by far the better side throughout - there wasn't even a ten minute period that we dominated.

Terrible.

If Wednesday were Millwall we'd have lost 3-0 and NP would be gone now. Maybe the owners have given weds the benefit of the doubt with the sitters they missed.

Bye Nige. You should never have come back and tainted our fondness from first time around.

Yes, what a shame that would be. And I thought there was a lot of apathy on show from the players today, which wasn't what I expected if a manager they loved faced potentially his final game in charge.

I wasn't impressed by the interview today, but for a totally different reason to the disgraceful interviews he has given recently. He was humble and honest, but there was no technical analysis, there were no solutions, no rallying cries for the players to pull themselves together. Just 'arrogant? tough luck', 'that's life' and the usual 'we'll bounce back'. When he was asked about the nature of the problem he was literally lost for words and reduced to a stammering mess.

I did wonder whether someone had had a quiet word and advised him to be a touch more personable. He acknowledged his role as a representative of the club, accepted responsibility and said he understood our frustrations. I could, at least, appreciate that. But it's the lack of a constructive analysis that worries me.

The players' apathetic, hopeless performances look like those of a group whose manager is slow to take action and offers little constructive input. The performance on the pitch has a peculiar habit of mirroring his post match interviews. Their own public reactions consistently back this up (see James, Konchesky et. al).

And today there was Morgan. He seemed to admit that sides had figured us out, but also that 'we play our normal game every week', so we're hardly working towards surprising them.

Wednesday were shite. But we were on another level of shite.

Chris Wood was aimless all game, Nugent wasn't much better, King kept losing the ball, every Marshall cross went into the thankfull hands of Chris Kirkland, Drinkwater got the ball but did nothing with it and Kane....well you've heard about him. What he was doing on the left i don't know.

Someone needs to take this side and tell them that if they don't sort it, we might as well abort it.

Happened all season big physical side, we get bullied, they put bodies behind the ball, we have no idea how to break them down, go long ball, never win a header, ball keeps coming back, and then caught with a sucker punch, getting a bit tedious now, I would have thought the management would have realised we have been found out weeks ago, and changed things round.

Yes, what a shame that would be. And I thought there was a lot of apathy on show from the players today, which wasn't what I expected if a manager they loved faced potentially his final game in charge.

I wasn't impressed by the interview today, but for a totally different reason to the disgraceful interviews he has given recently. He was humble and honest, but there was no technical analysis, there were no solutions, no rallying cries for the players to pull themselves together. Just 'arrogant? tough luck', 'that's life' and the usual 'we'll bounce back'. When he was asked about the nature of the problem he was literally lost for words and reduced to a stammering mess.

I did wonder whether someone had had a quiet word and advised him to be a touch more personable. He acknowledged his role as a representative of the club, accepted responsibility and said he understood our frustrations. I could, at least, appreciate that. But it's the lack of a constructive analysis that worries me.

The players' apathetic, hopeless performances look like those of a group whose manager is slow to take action and offers little constructive input. The performance on the pitch has a peculiar habit of mirroring his post match interviews. Their own public reactions consistently back this up (see James, Konchesky et. al).

And today there was Morgan. He seemed to admit that sides had figured us out, but also that 'we play our normal game every week', so we're hardly working towards surprising them.

I thought the same .... I actually felt some pity for the bloke today .... he has clearly no idea how to change this and looks like a dead man walking .... and you're right - the interview gave no insight into him being tactically aware of the problem let alone the solution. The answer is always "work hard in training".

I genuinely believe that he's now lost the confidence of the players .... they look aimless and devoid of confidence because they simply don't know what to do - and there's no direction to tell them what to do.

I just wish he'd never come back and we could have retained the fond memories of his first stint - he was always the wrong appointment.

Guest ttfn

As others have said above, it was absolutely appalling.

I have not been a "Pearson out" man at any stage in his tenure (although I was pretty fed up after his "delusions of grandeur" interview in January last year) but now I honestly couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes. We've regressed from the division's most enterprising, exciting team to one which just lumps the ball up to Wood, who must be the least effective target man we've had since de Vries (albeit a wonderful finisher when given a sniff).

This is truly shit-on-a-stick football we're seeing at the moment and it is plainly clear to anybody watching that Pearson has absolutely no idea about how to fix it.

Wednesday looked like they were a team 20th in the league today but deserved their win thoroughly. I think that tells you all you need to know about the shit we're being served up at the moment.

A look at our last 8 games (7 league) paints a pretty grim picture:

Peterborough (A) 1-2

Huddersfield (H) 1-2

Charlton (H) 1-2

Blackpool (A) 0-0

Blackburn (H) 3-0

Ipswich (A) 0-1

Leeds (H) 1-1

Sheff Wed (H) 0-1

Two things strike me from that list. Firstly, that is a series of results that a team struggling in a relegation battle would consider absolutely unacceptable. It's one thing taking 5 points from a 7 game series of matches against mixed opposition, it's quite another when none of the teams you've played in that time look like finishing above 12th. These results are matching the performances too, we're playing awfully and getting awful results.

The second thing that jumps out is that the goals have completely dried up. That's 7 goals in 8 games and 4 blanks we've drawn in that time. Our joint top scorer in that period is a 19 year old loanee centre back.

It's all gone tits up since we abandoned our philosophy of playing fast-moving, fluid attacking football in favour of smacking it up to Wood. Pearson has completely fvcked up the hard work that he and the rest of the team did in the first four months of the season and he seems as baffled about how to change things as everyone else. For this reason I think a (judicious) change of manager may not be a bad thing at this stage. We need some fresh ideas because the team has gone stale.

Archived