Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cunningfox

Matty James

In my humble opinion our problems coincide with the absence of Matty James. He adds a bit of steel to the middle, but right now we have two midfielders who both like to get forward and nobody in there capable of breaking things up. We seem constantly overrun in the middle. Glad he's back in training.

Ah that classic case of a player being the missing piece the more time they spend out of the side. He had a couple of great games in January but all in all, very average and offered not a lot different to every other central midfield option.

I agree to an extent. But against Blackburn King & Drinkwater ran the show. We've gone back to being inconsistent. James for me, is a little too similar to Drinkwater, although they do make a good partnership. Our weakness today was Kane.

There are 2 main reasons for this in my opinion; Blackburn were not as good as Charlton, Sheff Weds and Leeds and we scored the first goal against Blackburn, which means our own crowd isn't so hostile towards our own players, so they can play with more confidence and the likes of Drinkwater can play at the top of their game.

Drinky was poor today though unfortunately. And whenever we concede the first goal, I just don't have any faith in us whatsoever. God knows when we last came from behind to win.

My gran could of ran the show against Blackburn that day. They were absolutely diabolical.

She could have run the show yesterday too if the midfield had been given proper outlets instead of a 4-3-3 system with such ridiculous components. Our midfield helped take us to the top of the league before James even played for us and some of our football at that time was as good as any I've seen at the club.

She could have run the show yesterday too if the midfield had been given proper outlets instead of a 4-3-3 system with such ridiculous components. Our midfield helped take us to the top of the league before James even played for us and some of our football at that time was as good as any I've seen at the club.

Bloomin funny looking 433. It was 442 for the vast majority of the match, sadly that meant watching Harry Kane invent new and interesting ways of surrendering possession.

Although we were lacking steel in the midfield yesterday, I feel what was more painfully obvious was the lack of creativity all over the pitch. How many clear cut chances have we created in the last 180minutes? Next to none, which is in turn always going to eventually invite pressure onto our defence and lead to drab 0-1's/0-0's.

I agree to an extent. But against Blackburn King & Drinkwater ran the show. We've gone back to being inconsistent. James for me, is a little too similar to Drinkwater, although they do make a good partnership. Our weakness today was Kane.

Blackburn barely made a tackle, and didn`t close us down.

My 6 year old niece could have ran the show that night!

Archived