Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Drinkwater

Drinkwater plays bad - Leicester play bad. Both have been poor for weeks.

I think that's a testament both to his form earlier in the season and also the faith NP has in him. He's the team's heartbeat.

But there's absolutely no denying that he's been dreadful (and I mean dreadful, not "average" like another poster said) for six weeks now and has been a key factor in our form dropping off.

Him playing poorly seems to coincide with when we started playing hoofball and totally missing out the midfield....coincidence? !?!? I think not, time to start playing football again instead of kick rush, we dont have the physical players to play hoofball or a target man whos able to win a header

He's played a hell of a lot of games and had a lot of responsibility lumped on him for a young player, which imo is a result of a mistake by the management not to bring in more good quality cover in cm, James - unproven, king - don't get me started, wellens - unfit/past his best.

I think Nige knows this and will get it sorted.

Drinkwater isn't a bad player, but in his role as playmaker he is the most important player in our team, however he has never convinced me that he's good enough to fill that pivotal role.

He has little pace, he gives the ball away too much and he rarely ever plays a creative pass. However my biggest bug-bear with him is the time it takes him to receive the ball, control it, turn and pass. It takes him an age and by the time the ball reaches a blue shirt he's under the pressure and often causes the move the break down.

When James is fit, I'd love to see him take Drinkwater's place, but I can't see it happening.

Drinkwater is ****ing wank! Most overated player weve got! What does he do apart from pass the ball backwards!

Think it's harsh to point at one individual player. He was bad, as was most of our players... If Wellens was more fit, then I would have taken Drinkwater off at half time because Wellens was our best player in the first half.

Many of our players could fit into the 'overrated' category though; Dyer is another example.

Drinkwater is ****ing wank! Most overated player weve got! What does he do apart from pass the ball backwards!

I think that's a bit harsh, he's quite slim and I have it on good authority that Nugent spends far more time at Nandos.

On a good day Drinky is a fantastic player. Good at breaking up opposition plays, retaining the ball, creating opportunities and chipping in with the odd goal. There's been far too few good days of late though.

Drinkwater is the player, who along with Knockaert, is suffering the most from NFP's cautious, negative approach.

When we were playing well Drinkwater had options all over the pitch, Knockaert and Marshall roaming all across our frontline, dyer looking to use his pace and fullbacks driving forward into the space on the flanks.

Now he has next to nothing, wide men tucked in keeping our shape, fullbacks with no space to run into, so he plays the ball back and it gets given the hoof, shame, I think he could be a seriously good player for us.

Drinkwater is the player, who along with Knockaert, is suffering the most from NFP's cautious, negative approach.

When we were playing well Drinkwater had options all over the pitch, Knockaert and Marshall roaming all across our frontline, dyer looking to use his pace and fullbacks driving forward into the space on the flanks.

Now he has next to nothing, wide men tucked in keeping our shape, fullbacks with no space to run into, so he plays the ball back and it gets given the hoof, shame, I think he could be a seriously good player for us.

Completely agree with this

:thumbup:

Both Drinkwater and Wood would look completely different players in a different set up.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate drinkwater? He slows down the pace of our attack, constantly passes backwards to Morgan, he's not creative at all. I personally rate King more than him, and I think that we're missing James.

stfu u idiot andy king slows down attacks more than drinky u clown

Archived