Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Drinkwater

Ranted about him before, but the past month he has been absolutely shocking.

This time last season when we brought him in, he was average, and recently he has been playing worse than average, I'm not using him as a scapegoat for tonight's performance, because a lot of players were poor, but Drinkwater in particular has been absolutely shit for weeks.

I'm sorry, but I have always thought he was overrated, and the last month proves how average he really is. A very poor midfielder, passes backwards, turns on the ball, slow things down, weak, puffs out of challenges and can't shoot for toffee.

How are we meant to find any creativity or urgency, when we have players like Drinkwater in midfield, he is one of the most negative midfielders I have seen at this club.

Shocking form from him, he really needs to get a grip.

Ranted about him before, but the past month he has been absolutely shocking.

This time last season when we brought him in, he was average, and recently he has been playing worse than average, I'm not using him as a scapegoat for tonight's performance, because a lot of players were poor, but Drinkwater in particular has been absolutely shit for weeks.

I'm sorry, but I have always thought he was overrated, and the last month proves how average he really is. A very poor midfielder, passes backwards, turns on the ball, slow things down, weak, puffs out of challenges and can't shoot for toffee.

How are we meant to find any creativity or urgency, when we have players like Drinkwater in midfield, he is one of the most negative midfielders I have seen at this club.

Shocking form from him, he really needs to get a grip.

He's not the only one, join the queue.

He sort of reminds me of a younger version of Richie Wellens in a way. Can dictate a game when he's playing at his best but when he's not he slows the game down terribly and spends more time knocking the ball sideways and backwards 10 yards. Also he can't shoot to save his life, like Wellens.

That being said he's young, and I think he needs to play with a ball-winning center mid and he'd improve. I don't think hes as great as some people make out but nor do I think he's as bad as others. He's just sort of above average with flashes of quality.

Why all the hopeless long balls?

We simply have no one to create chances from the middle of the park.

We don't have someone who can pick a pass from deep, Cardiff have whittingham, hull have koren, we have no one.

We have no one who can link the midfield and the attack, someone in the shape of boyd and tomlin.

Before january i cried out for someone who can link the midfield and attack, i suggested both boyd and tomlin would really push us on, and boyd is already proving that at hull, so i hope we don't also miss out on tomlin.

Today all i saw was long hopeful balls being played from back to front simply because we don't have a central midfield player who can play that cutting pass.

King, drinky and james all offer the same thing, and are all pretty weak in my opinion. You couldn't class any as a defensive or creative player so they are not what is required and we must improve if we want promotion next season.

So please NP, or whoever else is in charge, please go out and look at boyd/tomlin and other players who are in that mould. This is what we are really missing. Our central midfield is poor.

I rate Drinkwater, but at the moment he has no confidence at all! his passing game is not there. the ball is like a hot potato, he gets rid as quick as possible. There is not a tackle in him either.

Wellens was the best midfielder for the 45 minutes he was on. Wanted the ball tried to direct the players.

Drinkwater needs a rest!

So this guy is next in line for the abuse award.... Good one folks

Like I said I'm not using him as a scapegoat.

But tell me this mate.

What has he done for the past month, apart from playing poorly?

Like I said I'm not using him as a scapegoat.

But tell me this mate.

What has he done for the past month, apart from playing poorly?

He's just one of many of our players that have been bang average of late, clearly a massive lack of confidence. Its no coincidence that when we've had good runs, he was one of our key players. I thought, other than Wes Morgan, he was our best player prior to Xmas

no I didnt say he is a scapgoat.... he just looks drained of all confidence at the moment. He dosent want the ball!

I have never slagged any player off on here!

I dont post too often. But when a point needs making it needs making!!

Drinky needs the help of the manager and the coaching staff.

And the coaching staff is where the club fail.

The club needs an extra oufield coach, who could add ideas

Archived