Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Drinkwater

Generally a fair analysis, just one comment i would make.

I have said elsewhere that the pivotal period for us this year was pretty early, around november. This was the point that NFP curtailed our aggressive, attacking style and started to defend our 'position' as automatic promotion candidates by setting up more conservatively and looking to protect our 'position'.

It didn't quite happen overnight, we still played well on occasions but gradually we became more rigid, more defensive and much less likely to play well week on week.

I get the distinct impression that the players are no longer up for it either, body language has been awful in some games recently, rather as if they are weighed down by the responsibilities that have been heaped on them. The exuberance that we saw from Marshall, Knockaert, Nugent and yes, even Drinkwater early season has been worn away by a steady diet of conservative, sometimes numbingly negative methods and tactics.

Only my opinion, as always...... :thumbup:

Nailed on. We got high and got scared. How much is manager and how much is players I wouldn't like to say, but the way we approached games before being 2nd seemed to be more mature, i.e. we didn't panic if we weren't ahead by 20mins.

The problem in some ways is that players try too hard (or hoof) because they feel they should be winning, rather than waiting for quality to tell. We always look the better team for ten minutes, it's after that that we struggle.

I don't know how much is youthful exuberance and how much is fear, but forcing it too soon is not the way to win matches...

Nice to see some mature people actually discussing it like a forum is meant for, anyway

He's quality on his day.

Other than Morgan, was easily our best player prior to Xmas.

Been average since and on current form, would play James and King

First half of the season, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, he improved dramatically and turned into a key player.

Second half of the season he has been poor, last couple of games he has been absolutely shit.

Always thought he was overrated, when he came in he looked average, before us Barnsley fans rated him, but Cardiff and Watford fans said he was rubbish.

He really has not impressed me ever since he joined, hes no better than wellens with his passing and he really does seem to have an attitude problem like some others have said, theres times when i really dunno if hes going to chase a ball down or just be a moany nob. Plenty of times ive seen this year in vital dying moments him jut stood there not trying and being a complete arse in my opinion, which isnt just him doing that but he is a major culprite. Really wouldnt give a monkeys if he went in the summer

James better with drink water than weak king, but he needs to find some form, slowing it down to much and giving the ball away in bad area's. I am personally not overly impressed by him, don't think he is a bad player, but not good enough for a team supposedly chasing promotion, very sloppy at time and little or no creativity.

Ranted about him before, but the past month he has been absolutely shocking.

This time last season when we brought him in, he was average, and recently he has been playing worse than average, I'm not using him as a scapegoat for tonight's performance, because a lot of players were poor, but Drinkwater in particular has been absolutely shit for weeks.

I'm sorry, but I have always thought he was overrated, and the last month proves how average he really is. A very poor midfielder, passes backwards, turns on the ball, slow things down, weak, puffs out of challenges and can't shoot for toffee.

How are we meant to find any creativity or urgency, when we have players like Drinkwater in midfield, he is one of the most negative midfielders I have seen at this club.

Shocking form from him, he really needs to get a grip.

how can you judge the guy when we had 10 men! get a grip!

Nailed on. We got high and got scared. How much is manager and how much is players I wouldn't like to say, but the way we approached games before being 2nd seemed to be more mature, i.e. we didn't panic if we weren't ahead by 20mins.

The problem in some ways is that players try too hard (or hoof) because they feel they should be winning, rather than waiting for quality to tell. We always look the better team for ten minutes, it's after that that we struggle.

I don't know how much is youthful exuberance and how much is fear, but forcing it too soon is not the way to win matches...

Great post..

:thumbup:

Archived