Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shearfox

This is the problem...

Stop blaming the refs, we are rubbish and that is pure and simple. Seems like Pearson has completely lost the plot getting rid of players we need, Schlupp to united and st ledger going to Millwall are prime examples. Neil Danns would be very useful right now, we have no one who can boss a game in the middle and Danns can do that for sure.

I would like Danns to play, he was great at the end of last season before he got that red card. He would add a bit of steel to our midfield and he is really passionate and gives his all EVERY game. He hasn't really been given a chance this season. I think he could fit in well, especially with the current situation. Maybe he would give the players a 'boost' cause he certainly is a character.

Off loading Danns this season I thought was a mistake. As was getting rid of Fernandes, Peltier and not having Wellens in the squad. One of the problems we're having is strength in depth Danns and Wellens would offer us a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

I thought towards the end of last season he was getting really got stuck into to games and breaking up play in the middle of the park. I wouldn't have him in the starting 11 week in week out but if he could perform as a squad player I'd have him in.

Danns has been magical in the past, I'm sure he'd have us at the top of the table. God I wish you were in charge.

I would do better than Pearson at the moment, at least I know what we need. Danns is the kind of player who can break up attacks and gets stuck in.

I would do better than Pearson at the moment, at least I know what we need. Danns is the kind of player who can break up attacks and gets stuck in.

He's great at retaining the ball as well. It's funny how people think just swapping in a player here and there will fix everything.

We don't need to break down attacks, we've not lost by a more than 1 goal all season. Another fan who thinks he's a genius though, well done.

are you serious? Neil Danns is overweight, uninterested and would rather be rocking out smoking weed and singing silly songs. He couldn't give a stuff. Plus he is awful.

not having that follow him on instagram he's a lean machine!

Danns has been magical in the past, I'm sure he'd have us at the top of the table. God I wish you were in charge.

Don't you think that the midfield is a bit lightweight though? Especially when James was out injured.

Don't you think that the midfield is a bit lightweight though? Especially when James was out injured.

He don't understand that the midfield is one of the key problems. If you don't take the pressure off the back line by retaining the ball in the middle then you will lose games. Getting bossed by other teams in that area means that creativity is lost and so is defensive stability.

Off loading Danns this season I thought was a mistake. As was getting rid of Fernandes, Peltier and not having Wellens in the squad. One of the problems we're having is strength in depth Danns and Wellens would offer us a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

I thought towards the end of last season he was getting really got stuck into to games and breaking up play in the middle of the park. I wouldn't have him in the starting 11 week in week out but if he could perform as a squad player I'd have him in.

We didn't get rid of the massively overrated fernandes. He asked to leave when Sven was sacked.

Anyone ever thought that Pearson DOES know what is needed but the players that were available wouldn't actually fit our dynamic? Or we can't afford them? Just a thought, there's obviously a reason why he's a football manager and you aren't OP.

Anyone ever thought that Pearson DOES know what is needed but the players that were available wouldn't actually fit our dynamic? Or we can't afford them? Just a thought, there's obviously a reason why he's a football manager and you aren't OP.

This is Pearsons team, he has spent more than most this division...

Dont worry you will soon be about to affix the words ex and manager in to that equasion.

I don't think Danns is the answer to that. Yeah, he's a different type of player but he's more Yuki Abe than someone who'll dominate in the middle of the park. I don't think we have the personnel to play with that tactic. We either need someone who fits the bill or to play a better passing game (in terms of quality, which I'm not sure we have consistently) retaining more possession and our outlets need to be able to control and keep the ball.

Danns is overweight and Wellens over the hill.

We're all football managers in the stands, but sadly this is real life and not football manager. It's not as simple as 'I know what we need', and remember, we only see the external side of the club.

Still don't believe offloading Danns was a mistake. We seemed to cope without him when we were in form, but suddenly we need him back now? Not for me, he doesn't offer that much apart from energy in midfield. James was good yesterday, but sadly Drinkwater looks a bit off-form.

I don't like blaming referees, I usually don't, but yesterday (as expected) the referee was very poor for me.

The midfield is fine and has been all season.

Look at the facts, despite playing in front of a defence that cannot defend set pieces or crosses we still have a fantastic defensive record, that is still the case. Saying that we need a ball winner or someone to 'put their foot in' is like saying that Concord needs propellers, nonsense.

Our problems lie predominantly in our setup and tactics, since going top of the table we have stopped doing what we did to get us there and started to 'defend our position'.

As serious promotion candidates we altered our style of play by setting up more negatively and concentrating on 'keeping our shape' rather than actually playing to our strengths. These tactics have missfired badly, even the acquisition of Wood to be the target for the longball game we are now playing worked only briefly.

The players are now so disillusioned and lacking in confidence that our chances of a recovery in form to get back into the playoffs (we are now 7th) is, in my view, negligible.

We didn't get rid of the massively overrated fernandes. He asked to leave when Sven was sacked.

Fair do's I concede that. I'm probably looking for easy answers in my post that don't exist.

Definitely though we need to strengthen the squad this summer no matter what division we're in and the priority I'd like to see is a couple of decent defensive midfielders.

Fair do's I concede that. I'm probably looking for easy answers in my post that don't exist.

Definitely though we need to strengthen the squad this summer no matter what division we're in and the priority I'd like to see is a couple of decent defensive midfielders.

Nonsense, look at our overall defensive record this season, still pretty much the best in the league. What part of that do you not get?

What we need, if you want to make us even harder to beat is a a back three (keeper and center backs) who can defend corners and other set pieces.

What we really need are attacking options and the will to use those that we already have.

Archived