Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

2mins, draw?

I thought millwall were poor being honest and would have gone for the win even with 10 but I guess we were scared with no pace at the back and already down to 10.

A question back should Morgan had faith that Kasper would have saved any shot and not clumsily fell into the attacker!?.

No we needed the win.

Sadly we played for a draw and lost.

I don't think we did. I thought we went for the 3 points. If he'd have wanted to hold on to the point he'd have brought on Whitbread and had a proper centre back to deal with their 'threat'.

I don't think we did. I thought we went for the 3 points. If he'd have wanted to hold on to the point he'd have brought on Whitbread and had a proper centre back to deal with their 'threat'.

This, I was pleased that Pearson kept our set up relatively attacking.

I thought we went for all three points as well. As Pearson said post match, he kept the attacking mentality despite having 10 men, hence Whitbread didn't come on and we kept two up front.

If people seriously believe Pearson went all out for a win that would say it all about his limitations. Whoever mentioned 3-4-2 had more of an idea. Millwall had one "goal" ruled out for offside after they'd opened us up like a Fray Bentos can and Kaspar made two excellent saves to keep us in with a chance.

Our own near things were limited to a glancing header that was turned onto the woodwork but generally, we simply tried to absorb any pressure - and there wasn't much - and hang on to 0-0. At no time did we show the pace, imagination or ingenuity to attack properly and in numbers.

Schlupp's being almost afraid to step over the halfway line sadly summed up our tactics and we got what we were always likely to get - nothing. I warned that Pearson would run out of luck with conceding ground and trying to play out time and that's exactly how it's been for a while now. Ten men or not you win nothing by failing to score and trying to beg results.

Look..

I commend the team for its work-rate. It was so much better than it has been for the past few weeks.

We showed 'passion' and were hit with a sucker-punch.

HOWEVER, despite having ten men, I can count the number of chances we made on one hand.

THIS was the problem. The team, not lacking effort, does look devoid of creativity and confidence.

This is after the two-week break. Don't understate the importance of that. Even after the break (that most people said we needed) we still look like a side who aren't gonna create many chances.

I'm really surprised that lots continue to defend this. I reckon the football the side is playing, and had been playing now for ages, is rubbish. Easily the worst since Pearson has managed the club.

Another loss tomorrow and I think it's season over. Not points-wise, but realistically I doubt we'd suddenly bounce-back.

No, during the game, just after half time it was shit and bust and we need the win and I stand by it, i'm reckons there is a good chance we won't get back in the playoff spots between now and the end of the season now tbh.

Played 2 up top so we clearly didn't play for the draw.

We also pushed Schlupp back to left back, leaving us with no pace going forward and we surrendered the midfield. We didn't really attempt to string any passes together and we had very few options when we had the ball in the opposition half.

We looked very happy to concede the majority of possession and our attacking threat. I can only remember one decent opening from open play when Wood's header was cleared off the line.

If that's us trying to win the game we really have gone backwards. Not once was I convinced that we were going forward with any desire or belief.

Archived