Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Knockaert

Met him in a service station after the game, he was with his dad and GF.

Asked him some quick questions.....

Me: how come you came off?

Knockaert: I don't know, I wasn't happy, I felt I could have made a difference In the second half

Me: do you think Pearson will get sacked?

Knockaert: I'm not sure, I can't say anything. He then looked at me and said "but you know......"

He also said we have no confidence.

I don't understand why he was taken off. Especially with Dyer not even getting taken off, he's useless. I'd prefer to see Knockaert behind instead of out wide.

Interesting post though GLC.

Knockaert: I don't know, I wasn't happy, I felt I could have made a difference In the second half

Knockaert: I'm not sure, I can't say anything. He then looked at me and said "but you know......"

He also said we have no confidence.

Then why didn't he make a difference in the first half?

Pretty sure no player wants to come off. It's just standard.

Knocky is as out of confidence as anyone. He's made no impact for a long time so why would more minutes make any difference.

I'd love to ask anyone at the club why we've stopped playing most of our game in the opponents half...

You don't get leggy if you're not forever running up & down the length of the pitch.

Playing high restricts the time on the ball the opposition get to put quality balls forward, therefore it protects our defence.

We have greater numbers to have more meaningful attacks and create impossibly more chances.

Dropping off, means you get knackered getting forward into attacks, opposition get more time to play better balls, they can attack in numbers, our defence is forever defending rather than pushing on

Lots of things need confidence... but stepping up & playing higher, always getting pressure on the ball like we did when we ripped the division in half doesn't need confidence... obviously the one touch passing & flicks etc does... but the road to recovery of playing higher & pressing more doesn't need confidence.

Hopefully the fact our 7 defeats to teams placed 23rd, 16th, 17th, 21st, 12th, 14th, 20th means we can turn it on more against all the direct rivals we play in the coming games, although I don't know how.

FFS press high!

Im a big fan of Knocky. He's scored some cracking goals and showed some fantastic trickery this season. The downturn in our results has coincided with his and a few others loss of form. He has been a shadow of his former self for the last ten or so games, making basic mistakes and losing the ball frequently. He and the rest of the team (apart from kasper) have to accept fair share of responsibility for Pearson's current plight. I'm pretty sure they can't collectively or individually be proud of any of their recent performances other than against a poor Blackburn. He certainly shouldn't currently be shocked at being subbed. At times he and players like wood have simply been played off the park by their opposite number.

Knockaert has been virtually non existent away from home all season, barring Huddersfield and a couple of other games. And lately he's been woeful so i highly doubt he'd have made any difference.

What wasn't on the pitch isn't the problem. What was on the pitch was

You sure it didn't go something like this....

Knockaert: COME ON LEICESTER

Knockaert: COME ON LEICESTER

He also said......COME ON LEICESTER

Archived