Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Only hope..........

However, Pearson IS tactically inept. He has not realised our weeknesses in midfield or that our strikers do not have enough quality cover.

Bit of a joke really. So tell me what players did he go for ? Beckfords sale fell through at the start of the season and Pearson is on record saying we don't need more of the same and in all honesty some if his comments have been over the top. I beleive a lot of foke don't like Pearson and the owners as the play there cards close to there chest. Wasn't the fiasco with Harry and his dog eoungh.

There is validity in what you say. However, had I been the manager I would have pursued the FA cup campaign with more vigor, the additional income from which, with extra TV revenue ( had we have progressed further ) would quite easily have covered the costs of a couple of decent loanees for the rest of the season. This is the type of scenaria our illustrious manager should be thinking of.

I agree re the cup run entirely. I was there against Huddersfield and would have preffered a start with our strongest team and make substitutions if and when we'd got a comfortable lead. It doesn't help either having a brother in law who is a Den going Millwall fan! I envy him his forthcoming day out at Wembley. All I really meant with the transfer situation was that sometimes we don't really know whats been attempted by the NP management team. It's not always a case of money why you can't get a player i.e. the club is unwilling to sell at the moment or the player doesn't want to come. Sometimes offering huge amounts of dosh may help but you could end up with a Beckford situation. All I'm saying is that sometimes, as frustrating as it is, we're not always in possession of the full facts. I think that 'most' of their recent crop of signings have been good and perhaps, just perhaps, if NP and team were to stay until say Christmas next year, we might see a more finished article. After years of watching the perpetual management merrygoround, perhaps a few more months of wait and see may prove to be more fruitful.

I can see where artursteppe is coming from here. Although I would back Pearson to secure a play-off spot and get us the vital win, but after that I'm unsure.

If we get to the Premiership, we are guaranteed at least 1or 2 batterings. How the players heads dropped like they have now, then what? We could be left at the end of the season with an abysmal record.

If we do get there, I would like to see the appointment of a fairly experienced premiership manager. And if they're still available, Roberto Di Matteo or Martin O' Neill would be great and I think we would have a fair chance to get them here.

I love all this 'tosh' about when we were playing brilliantly for most of the season. Wakey wakey guys, we have dropped outside the top six with two points from the last available twenty one, with the fantastic total of four points from the four games prior to that.

Now somebody tell me how good we were before that and then explain to me what effin use that is!

What's the effin use of you wanting a manager sacked? You'll only want the next one sacked after 5 minutes of his first game. I remember you saying you wanted Bloomfield sacked.

Is there any City manager you haven't wanted to get rid of?

Personally, I've only wanted rid of 2 and both for the same reason. Taylor & Sven. They were financially crippling the club. Anyone else has had/gets my full support because I understand that constant whining and negativity will never be conducive to winning a single game let alone promotion

What's the effin use of you wanting a manager sacked? You'll only want the next one sacked after 5 minutes of his first game. I remember you saying you wanted Bloomfield sacked.

Is there any City manager you haven't wanted to get rid of?

Personally, I've only wanted rid of 2 and both for the same reason. Taylor & Sven. They were financially crippling the club. Anyone else has had/gets my full support because I understand that constant whining and negativity will never be conducive to winning a single game let alone promotion

Glad you were happy with Pleat, McLintock, Holloway etc but that doesn't necessarily make you right

Glad you were happy with Pleat, McLintock, Holloway etc but that doesn't necessarily make you right

I never said I was happy with all of them, I also never said they were all good managers, I said they had my full support as our manager which is a completely different thing.

They had my support because I'm a Leicester supporter not a whiny git who throws his toys out of the pram after every defeat or because I dislike a managers personality despite not actually knowing him at all. A lot of fans' hatred of Pearson is based on their perception of his personality because of how he talks to Stringer but anyone who knows him says he's completely different to how people perceive him to be. Anyone who wants rid of Pearson because they don't like him based on his interviews is a bit of a tw*t and I'm glad they're not running our club.

Left to the likes of Artursteppe, we'd have gone through more managers every season than Mandaric went through in his whole time at the club.

We can't afford to buy a team, you can't build a team in 5 minutes and you can't build a team if 5 minutes in the job is all you have. It's time we stopped demanding instant success and stopped sacking managers if they don't achieve it instantly.

Whoever the manager is next season, they need our support not our abuse, unless they are another Taylor or Sven

I still laugh at the fact people still think RDM is realistic. He won the ****ing champions league last year! With Chelsea! Top 4 premiership club. He wouldn't come here! MON said never go back - he seems to have lost his spark. As much as I love the guy to bits, I don't want him to come back and potentially ruin his legacy. I want it to remain how it is.

The quicker people realise that Pearson hasn't actually done that bad of a job, and that we should back him the better. Agreed, he has his faults, he ain't no saint. But being linked with Roy Keane, Mark Hughes and Paul Ince certainly makes me a little nervous about the clubs stability in the future.

I still laugh at the fact people still think RDM is realistic. He won the ****ing champions league last year! With Chelsea! Top 4 premiership club. He wouldn't come here! MON said never go back - he seems to have lost his spark. As much as I love the guy to bits, I don't want him to come back and potentially ruin his legacy. I want it to remain how it is.

The quicker people realise that Pearson hasn't actually done that bad of a job, and that we should back him the better. Agreed, he has his faults, he ain't no saint. But being linked with Roy Keane, Mark Hughes and Paul Ince certainly makes me a little nervous about the clubs stability in the future.

Rdm isnt that unrealistic, he will have to come to a club of our stature or manage abroad. Non of the bottom end prem clubs will gamble on him. Winning the cl with chelsea is no mean feat, but its over inflated his cv somewhat, of he is waiting for a top prem job he will be waiting a long time imo

I never said I was happy with all of them, I also never said they were all good managers, I said they had my full support as our manager which is a completely different thing.

They had my support because I'm a Leicester supporter not a whiny git who throws his toys out of the pram after every defeat or because I dislike a managers personality despite not actually knowing him at all. A lot of fans' hatred of Pearson is based on their perception of his personality because of how he talks to Stringer but anyone who knows him says he's completely different to how people perceive him to be. Anyone who wants rid of Pearson because they don't like him based on his interviews is a bit of a tw*t and I'm glad they're not running our club.

Left to the likes of Artursteppe, we'd have gone through more managers every season than Mandaric went through in his whole time at the club.

We can't afford to buy a team, you can't build a team in 5 minutes and you can't build a team if 5 minutes in the job is all you have. It's time we stopped demanding instant success and stopped sacking managers if they don't achieve it instantly.

Whoever the manager is next season, they need our support not our abuse, unless they are another Taylor or Sven

This is absolutely spot on IMO. Do we not follow Leicester, win, lose, draw, sun, rain, snow? Not anymore. Win and all the doom mongers disappear, lose and they all come out the woodwork wanting to sack another manager.

Despite the fact that statistically, Pearson has been our best manager since MON, people STILL can't see past their personal grudge is embarrassing, and quite frankly a little bit childish.

Patience is needed. You don't get promoted in one season. Only in extreme circumstances like WHU. Look how long it has taken Cardiff to get where they are, Reading too, didn't just become good overnight.

Give him the summer and until December and see where we are. We have some extremely impatient fans.

There is validity in what you say. However, had I been the manager I would have pursued the FA cup campaign with more vigor, the additional income from which, with extra TV revenue ( had we have progressed further ) would quite easily have covered the costs of a couple of decent loanees for the rest of the season. This is the type of scenaria our illustrious manager should be thinking of.

That is speculative at best. I agree with some of what you say, but the TV revenue from a cup run wouldnt have paid for any kind of quality player to come in. Plus there would be no gaurantee we'd have been on TV anyway.

Like I say, you do talk some sense but the assumption that our management staff made no attempt to sign anyone is pretty weak. Especially as NP and Shakey had both said in previous interviews that they wanted to add but the availability of who they wanted just wasnt there. You should never sign players for the sake of numbers even on loan. Harry Kane for example. He was a player that in the summer, many people in the transfer thread were calling for us to sign. In my eyes, we shouldnt have bothered. I honestly think Waghorn or Vardy are more effective than Kane.

Pearson has quite clearly lost it. There's no way it was down to the cup game at Huddersfield. The only 3 regulars to miss out that day came on and changed the game. Something else has happened. Wood, Nugent, Marshall, Konchesky, Drinkwater, RDL and Dyer have absolutely lost all confidence and ability whether thats down to internal arguing we'll never know but its clear there's a problem.

Yesterday was a good performance but in this terrid run, we've seen a couple (Cardiff away and Blackburn at home) but then just folded again. Friday will show is if we've turned in the right direction but I agree with you in that no matter what happens, NP should be replaced. He's done as much as he can and I dont see the flexibility in his style that could take us any further.

It is a few clubs who are going backwards in form. It all depends whether we have had to change to regain our form. The team for Cardiff was a complete change and the Brighton team more so. Watford looked distictly average yesterday too. Let's hope.

This is absolutely spot on IMO. Do we not follow Leicester, win, lose, draw, sun, rain, snow? Not anymore. Win and all the doom mongers disappear, lose and they all come out the woodwork wanting to sack another manager.

Despite the fact that statistically, Pearson has been our best manager since MON, people STILL can't see past their personal grudge is embarrassing, and quite frankly a little bit childish.

Patience is needed. You don't get promoted in one season. Only in extreme circumstances like WHU. Look how long it has taken Cardiff to get where they are, Reading too, didn't just become good overnight.

Give him the summer and until December and see where we are. We have some extremely impatient fans.

The Football League Show last night explained how City's winless run is our worst in 6 years.

That's 6 years... And quite a few managers.

If that's 'extremely impatient' in your eyes then have a little look at yourself.

You really do need to start making your posts more balanced. I stopped believing you weeks ago.

:thumbup:

The Football League Show last night explained how City's winless run is our worst in 6 years.

If that's 'extremely impatient' in your eyes then have a little look at yourself.

You really do need to start making your posts more balanced. I stopped believing you weeks ago.

I echo your sentiments sir, worst run in six years and they only mentioned no win in last seven? Er no no win in last thirteen. Any other team would have had their manager do the walk of shame after that run . He is very lucky our owners now seem to be very patient. If we do not make the playoffs and its not looking good he surely has to go. Replacements any previous championship manager who has got up from this league.

WOW!, worst run in 6 years...The next 12 days will decide our season, as far as I am concerned. If we don't win these next 2 home games we are finished. O.K. I know some fvckwits on here will scream " Not mathematically" "Foxes never quit"..bah..bah..bah.

Listen the only thing worse than a blind believer is a seeing denier.

Well put and I completely agree. I see no reason to do anything other than support Pearson. We can all question some of his decisions but that does not mean we should hurl abuse at a manager who has got us in with a chance if promotion in each of his two full seasons in this division. Some on here seen to suggest that we got lucky and Pearson had no hand in taking us into the top two, but they very quickly blame the drop in form on him.

Ultimately he is responsible for the teams performance, but for now they are Nigel Pearson's Blue and White Army and we should all stop the slagging off at a time when everyone at the club needs our support. We call ourselves supporters but i do wonder sometimes..

I thought yesterday Pearson tactically was quite good. Wise move to match up Brightons 4-3-3. Don't get the argument that he's blinkered in his 4-4-2. Agreed with bringing on RDL to double up on Lualua who was causing us problems. He couldn't legislate for us giving the ball away in a poor situation.

The only thing was bringing on Harry Kane. Don't think it's right to blame Kane solely but in general terms he has disappointed. The performance was pleasing mind and if we can keep up that level we'll give ourselves a chance. Also, 'the worst run in 6 years'. Well also the best league position in 6 years bar one season when we were managed by...Nigel Pearson.

If he is best statistically which I Doubt it is because of Div 1 . Micky Adams in administration walked automatic promotion so can you tell me how Pearson is better

I think the critisism of NP is justified, however it seems like the entire top 6 of the championship are just total balls. Cardiff's lead looked uncatchable a few weeks ago but not anymore. Even with that, the chasing pack cannot seem to string any kind of run together and keep 'bottling it' just like we've done. Only reason Forest are still in the top 6 is 3 last minute equalisers in a row.

After 1 win in 13 fvcking games, I find it astonishing that a win on Friday puts us 5th and thats probably the reason he hasnt been fired. We really should be cut adrift.

The championship may be exciting, but its leading teams are divoid of the quality required to even think about staying in the Premiership.

As I hinted, in spite of Pearson we've won some games. As I said he can spot reasonable players. There is nothing wrong with the quality of our players, if the first team ( which must include Drinkwater and James without King ), is available.

However, Pearson IS tactically inept. He has not realised our weeknesses in midfield or that our strikers do not have enough quality cover. He should have gone into the tranfer or loans market place in January to bolster those areas, and yes I did say so at the time, and I was right.

Pearson failed to do what so many people knew was the right course of action then, and that comes down to mis-management and that is a fact and no-one should try to make excuses for his ineptitudes.

IF we do manage to win a few games, even get promoted, it can only be in spite of Pearson. He must go, whatever happens.

Do you not consider that we might not have actually been able to?

Pearson hasn't got even close to the power in the transfer market that people think he has. I had it on good authority that for every player he brought in on loan, he had to loan out three.

Do you not consider that we might not have actually been able to?

Pearson hasn't got even close to the power in the transfer market that people think he has. I had it on good authority that for every player he brought in on loan, he had to loan out three.

That sounds incredible. Surely that would mean that the benefit of getting one player in on loan is lost by having to lose 3 players from the squad, i.e. it would have to be a really good loan player to make it worth losing 3, and not.......Harry Kane.

If he is best statistically which I Doubt it is because of Div 1 . Micky Adams in administration walked automatic promotion so can you tell me how Pearson is better

the standard of the opposition was much worse. As well as the quality of the players we kept being much higher, izzet, walker, Dickov to name a few. I think Pearson has had to do a lot more gardening to get the squad balanced. Not that I'm dismissing the great job Adams did

Archived