Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
artursteppe

Only hope..........

I've never thought Pearson good enough. Spotting value players seems to be a strength, tactics, he doesn't even know how to spell the word.

Anyway, this may surprise a few, I am an eternal optimist.

I believe, in a bizarre way, that Brighton could be the game that starts a decent end to the season for us.

Leicester, historically play better against the better sides. Brighton and three other teams to be played ( out of six ), are above us.

It may be just what we need. It is sh*t or bust time. The players all know it, and just maybe they can put behind them whatever the recent problems have been and get it all together.

The teams above us could be vulnerable, they are all showing signs of nervousness and when we are all together, we can be better than anyone, in spite of Pearson.

It could just happen.

The fact we're still in touching distance of Brighton, Palace, Forest after such an utterly shit run shows there is nothing to fear. They have all been dropping points left right and centre as well.

If we rediscover some confidence from somewhere it's possible.

The fact we're still in touching distance of Brighton, Palace, Forest after such an utterly shit run shows there is nothing to fear. They have all been dropping points left right and centre as well.

If we rediscover some confidence from somewhere it's possible.

Blimey Babylon, that's the closest we've ever been.

We hit a breaking point earlier on in the season when many thought Pearson was out the door and we followed it up by going on an decent winning run last time we were promoted via the Play Offs the same happened as now. When you hit rock bottom the only way is up

tactics, he doesn't even know how to spell the word.

We've been in the play offs for pretty much the whole season - if he was that tactically inept, this would not be the case. Stop being so fickle. You weren't saying this when we've played brilliantly for most of the season.

We've been in the play offs for pretty much the whole season - if he was that tactically inept, this would not be the case. Stop being so fickle. You weren't saying this when we've played brilliantly for most of the season.

As I hinted, in spite of Pearson we've won some games. As I said he can spot reasonable players. There is nothing wrong with the quality of our players, if the first team ( which must include Drinkwater and James without King ), is available.

However, Pearson IS tactically inept. He has not realised our weeknesses in midfield or that our strikers do not have enough quality cover. He should have gone into the tranfer or loans market place in January to bolster those areas, and yes I did say so at the time, and I was right.

Pearson failed to do what so many people knew was the right course of action then, and that comes down to mis-management and that is a fact and no-one should try to make excuses for his ineptitudes.

IF we do manage to win a few games, even get promoted, it can only be in spite of Pearson. He must go, whatever happens.

As I hinted, in spite of Pearson we've won some games. As I said he can spot reasonable players. There is nothing wrong with the quality of our players, if the first team ( which must include Drinkwater and James without King ), is available.

However, Pearson IS tactically inept. He has not realised our weeknesses in midfield or that our strikers do not have enough quality cover. He should have gone into the tranfer or loans market place in January to bolster those areas, and yes I did say so at the time, and I was right.

Pearson failed to do what so many people knew was the right course of action then, and that comes down to mis-management and that is a fact and no-one should try to make excuses for his ineptitudes.

IF we do manage to win a few games, even get promoted, it can only be in spite of Pearson. He must go, whatever happens.

just out of curiosity when is it you take over from NP? how do you know the thais are not having a big say in what players he goes for? maybe he did want a new midfielder but was had his hand forced to go in for wood? you presume to know the inside and out running of the club from training ground to boardroom by presenting YOUR OPINIONS as facts! when infact all you are is another p!ssed off fan know it all fan who has an opinion which may or MAY NOT be correct.

If we win all 6 games and get automatics?

Not confident considering our recent performances (although we were generally unlucky against Millwall). I did get some confidence back when Charlton got a draw at Brighton though. Saturday is a big game, one we must win, and I'd love it if we did take three points home.

:appl:

For those who do not understand what I am saying.

When I say Pearson must go whether we get promoted or not actually means that I believe Pearson must be sacked whether we get promoted or not.

The reason being is, as so many now seem to realise, he is tactically inept.

To repeat myself, it is just about feasible that because the problem is not the quality of our best eleven ( which would include in central midfield Drinkwater and James without King ), that we could maybe still get promoted in spite of Pearson ( who does not have a clue about tactics ). So even if we got promoted, Pearson must go because he has no idea about tactics.

Get it?

I love all this 'tosh' about when we were playing brilliantly for most of the season. Wakey wakey guys, we have dropped outside the top six with two points from the last available twenty one, with the fantastic total of four points from the four games prior to that.

Now somebody tell me how good we were before that and then explain to me what effin use that is!

I love all this 'tosh' about when we were playing brilliantly for most of the season. Wakey wakey guys, we have dropped outside the top six with two points from the last available twenty one, with the fantastic total of four points from the four games prior to that.

Now somebody tell me how good we were before that and then explain to me what effin use that is!

The 'effin use that is' is that we have got sufficient points for us to have been on this atrocious run and still be in the hunt for a play-off spot?

The 'effin use that is' is that we have got sufficient points for us to have been on this atrocious run and still be in the hunt for a play-off spot?

Oh well that is fantastic then. Dude, we were second ( automatic promotion spot ) now we are 'in the hunt for a play-off spot', well three cheers and let's all have a party then!

For those who do not understand what I am saying.

When I say Pearson must go whether we get promoted or not actually means that I believe Pearson must be sacked whether we get promoted or not.

The reason being is, as so many now seem to realise, he is tactically inept.

To repeat myself, it is just about feasible that because the problem is not the quality of our best eleven ( which would include in central midfield Drinkwater and James without King ), that we could maybe still get promoted in spite of Pearson ( who does not have a clue about tactics ). So even if we got promoted, Pearson must go because he has no idea about tactics.

Get it?

we got it the first time!

my question remains though, when do you sign the managers contract?

I think you are partly right in that imo also, the young players NP's team have recruited have almost all been welcome additions for a variety of reasons and yes, you are right in that we have needed to bolster certain areas, possibly with a smattering of experience too boot. However, we cannot be aware of what efforts were actually made to try and do this. No management team usually publishes their targets to the fans for obvious reasons. No doubt NP and his team had a raft of potential targets and have grabbed the one's they could. Some might not have been available just yet for a variety of reasons. A player like Knockhardt for example came totally out of the blue and shows that their net was set quite wide. If they couldn't for example get the players of their choice, why chose second best and be lumbered with another individual on big money on a long contract, we've already got some of those.

Oh well that is fantastic then. Dude, we were second ( automatic promotion spot ) now we are 'in the hunt for a play-off spot', well three cheers and let's all have a party then!

You asked what the use of our good results for most of the season had. That use is to give us enough points to be in contention for promotion, despite an awful run... :dunno:

I think you are partly right in that imo also, the young players NP's team have recruited have almost all been welcome additions for a variety of reasons and yes, you are right in that we have needed to bolster certain areas, possibly with a smattering of experience too boot. However, we cannot be aware of what efforts were actually made to try and do this. No management team usually publishes their targets to the fans for obvious reasons. No doubt NP and his team had a raft of potential targets and have grabbed the one's they could. Some might not have been available just yet for a variety of reasons. A player like Knockhardt for example came totally out of the blue and shows that their net was set quite wide. If they couldn't for example get the players of their choice, why chose second best and be lumbered with another individual on big money on a long contract, we've already got some of those.

There is validity in what you say. However, had I been the manager I would have pursued the FA cup campaign with more vigor, the additional income from which, with extra TV revenue ( had we have progressed further ) would quite easily have covered the costs of a couple of decent loanees for the rest of the season. This is the type of scenaria our illustrious manager should be thinking of.

Archived