Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

The club can do more for the atmosphere

There has been lots of threads about the atmosphere at the KP. The bottom line is that modern stadia do not have the atmosphere that grounds like filbo could have.... However...

Given the importance of our last few home games I think there is a lot the club could do to help.

1. Promotion this season is the most financially rewarding promotion ever. The club should do whatever it needs to regarding pricing to full the stadium for the final home games. If this means refunding cash to season ticket holders to make up for charging a flat £5 to everyone else, so be it. The revenue from home games is minimal in comparison to promotion revenue.

2. It might be cheesy, but it's effective. Give every supporter a scarf on their seat.

3. Same as above but give everyone a card

To hold up as the teams come out to send a message of support

4. Change the music! Get some tunes that might get the whole ground chomping at the bit!

5. Use the new advertising boards to show fire when the teams come out, alongside using red flares... Create something!

They are five simple points, they may not be the best, they may be full of cheese, but I don't give a rats ass if it helps improve the atmosphere and cheer the team on!

Unfortunately the club aren’t and never will do anything to improve the atmosphere. They know how to run a business, but run a football club, I’m not convinced. Little things like selling scarfs with ‘We love You’ written on them is quite frankly cringe worthy, and is merely an opportunity to make a quick buck rather than to help generate an atmosphere.

Personally one thing I would like to see is ‘When your smiling’ incorporated more into match days. Whether it’s played before kick-off for the fans to sing to and printed in the programme somewhere I’m not sure. Its unique to us as a club and would help keep a small amount of tradition alive. Whether the club would understand this, I doubt it.

If you want cards on every seat to display a message, I’m all for it, however it will have to be funded and organised by us, the fans.

WYS

There has been lots of threads about the atmosphere at the KP. The bottom line is that modern stadia do not have the atmosphere that grounds like filbo could have.... However...

Given the importance of our last few home games I think there is a lot the club could do to help.

1. Promotion this season is the most financially rewarding promotion ever. The club should do whatever it needs to regarding pricing to full the stadium for the final home games. If this means refunding cash to season ticket holders to make up for charging a flat £5 to everyone else, so be it. The revenue from home games is minimal in comparison to promotion revenue.

2. It might be cheesy, but it's effective. Give every supporter a scarf on their seat.

3. Same as above but give everyone a card

To hold up as the teams come out to send a message of support

4. Change the music! Get some tunes that might get the whole ground chomping at the bit!

5. Use the new advertising boards to show fire when the teams come out, alongside using red flares... Create something!

They are five simple points, they may not be the best, they may be full of cheese, but I don't give a rats ass if it helps improve the atmosphere and cheer the team on!

Some good ideas here, however you have much to learn about this forum if you were expecting a positive response, now if you start a thread slagging off Pearson, Wellens, Vardy etc then Im sure you'll be on to a winner!

We made enough noise at filbert street with 20000 in, I'm afraid no matter what songs, drums, scarfs, you chuck at it, it's probably due to the fact that levels of expectation are increased, coupled with football not being that exciting anymore. Dare I say far too many turn up expecting a win because their ticket was expensive?

We made enough noise at filbert street with 20000 in, I'm afraid no matter what songs, drums, scarfs, you chuck at it, it's probably due to the fact that levels of expectation are increased, coupled with football not being that exciting anymore. Dare I say far too many turn up expecting a win because their ticket was expensive?

paid 15 squid for my ticket for the brum game and hopefully will be roaring them on to victory!!!! Hopefully anyway lol

It's because football is now perceived as entertainment rather than a sport, where those who turn up expect to sit back and be entertained rather than actually take part in any atmosphere. It's who the game is marketed to nowadays - whoever will put the most money in through shirt sales etc... hence why Leicester are so obsessed with families.

There are things the club can do but most of it has to come from the fans, and unfortunately a lot of the fans who would pro-actively improve the atmosphere have frankly been turned away by football for whatever reason, I find that pretty sad.

EDIT; To the OP, quite like a couple of those ideas, pretty creative thinking, but I really do think it's a lost battle I'm afraid.

Archived