Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
paulsherwood1

The club can do more for the atmosphere

It's because football is now perceived as entertainment rather than a sport, where those who turn up expect to sit back and be entertained rather than actually take part in any atmosphere. It's who the game is marketed to nowadays - whoever will put the most money in through shirt sales etc... hence why Leicester are so obsessed with families.

There are things the club can do but most of it has to come from the fans, and unfortunately a lot of the fans who would pro-actively improve the atmosphere have frankly been turned away by football for whatever reason, I find that pretty sad.

EDIT; To the OP, quite like a couple of those ideas, pretty creative thinking, but I really do think it's a lost battle I'm afraid.

'Cause football's shit that's why, yet everyone keeps going back, myself included, pisses me off when I go to a game as I know I'm not gonna get what I want out of it, but still I go back just incase this once it's what I wanted it to be, even though I know it never will be.

'Cause football's shit that's why, yet everyone keeps going back, myself included, pisses me off when I go to a game as I know I'm not gonna get what I want out of it, but still I go back just incase this once it's what I wanted it to be, even though I know it never will be.

I think that's the main thing that keeps me going if I'm honest, the hope that one day things may improve again. The increased talk of safe standing gives me a bit of hope.

How about moving away fans and l1 fans towards the kop rather than next to the family stand. Makes more sense and is likely to generate more of an atmosphere

Edit: not going to happen ths year obviously but perhaps next year

Won't happen because the holding cells are near the away end, what would make more sense is swapping the Kop with the Family stand.

Would be good having the away fans between the kop and L1

At the end of the day it is the fans who need to create an atmosphere, and from what I have seen at games over the last few seasons, we clearly don't want to change it.

This season for instance, we were brilliant at Huddersfield, singing multiple songs about Knockaert for 90 minutes. In fact to be quite frank everyone was singing a different version....but at least they joined in.

Then at Birmingham we were silent. A game which we went top of the league with by getting a point through a late equaliser, i thought it would be like the old days of walking out the ground with the fans chanting 'We're top of the league', but they were barely any chants at all.

It is ok saying that we need to use 'When you're smiling before a game', but we had it before and no one joined in. I understand the musical version is far different to how the fans actually sing it....but so is Blue Moon when it is played before a Man City game, but their fans still join in.

We cannot blame the modern stadium either. Cardiff have a stadium just as modern as ours, and during the play-off semi match their fans made some of the most noise i have heard at a football ground.

Currently we don't help ourselves. Forest have quite a good atmosphere at home, that has not come through help from the club, or has anything to do with the type of stadium. It is up to us to create noise, and to be quite frank we do not create enough.

Unfortunately the club aren’t and never will do anything to improve the atmosphere. They know how to run a business, but run a football club, I’m not convinced. Little things like selling scarfs with ‘We love You’ written on them is quite frankly cringe worthy, and is merely an opportunity to make a quick buck rather than to help generate an atmosphere.

Personally one thing I would like to see is ‘When your smiling’ incorporated more into match days. Whether it’s played before kick-off for the fans to sing to and printed in the programme somewhere I’m not sure. Its unique to us as a club and would help keep a small amount of tradition alive. Whether the club would understand this, I doubt it.

If you want cards on every seat to display a message, I’m all for it, however it will have to be funded and organised by us, the fans.

WYS

The problem with the current version of when your smiling is its too quiet as when I go to a match (I did have a season ticket last season) and also its not "up-tempo" enough, its a little too slow and not right to get the fans going.

Whenever I hear Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You it brings back some great memories of Filbert Street! Would much rather hear this song playing again than Kasabian!

Get Darude: Sandstorm playing again.

At the end of the day it is the fans who need to create an atmosphere, and from what I have seen at games over the last few seasons, we clearly don't want to change it.

This season for instance, we were brilliant at Huddersfield, singing multiple songs about Knockaert for 90 minutes. In fact to be quite frank everyone was singing a different version....but at least they joined in.

Then at Birmingham we were silent. A game which we went top of the league with by getting a point through a late equaliser, i thought it would be like the old days of walking out the ground with the fans chanting 'We're top of the league', but they were barely any chants at all.

It is ok saying that we need to use 'When you're smiling before a game', but we had it before and no one joined in. I understand the musical version is far different to how the fans actually sing it....but so is Blue Moon when it is played before a Man City game, but their fans still join in.

We cannot blame the modern stadium either. Cardiff have a stadium just as modern as ours, and during the play-off semi match their fans made some of the most noise i have heard at a football ground.

Currently we don't help ourselves. Forest have quite a good atmosphere at home, that has not come through help from the club, or has anything to do with the type of stadium. It is up to us to create noise, and to be quite frank we do not create enough.

i live by the club shop in my student house, also went to a game when it was 3 quid a ticket so see Boro play there because we were playing them the week after and i wanted to see how they faired. Trust me they do do not have a good home atmosphere, all i ever hear is 'come on you reds' every 15 minutes, or that irritating song they play when the teams come out. That's it

Selhurst Park is the only good home ground with atmopshere

a sensible pricing structure might help to get more bums on seats. they really ought to look at american sporting revenue models for american football or baseball. i live in the usa and season tix holders get a much bigger discount over matchday prices, that then allows them to discount tix and do promotions to get more people in on a weekly basis and not piss off season tix holders.

The card idea would be good, didnt we do something like that a few years ago and it said 'respect' ?

Anyway it would get more people up for it.

I think there's only one problem, people who want to sing are all over the place and people who want to stand and sing arent able to because of people behind them sitting and having restricted view.

It's simply down to us on Friday night, pure old fashioned passion! Sh*t it has been for the majority of this last two months, however, that doesn't matter now we have a major chance of getting back into the mix. So first of 5 cup finals (then 3 more) and if we can't get up for this one it's pretty sad really! C'moooooooooooooooon Leicester :chant:

Make no bones about it.

If we needed to win on Friday to secure a play off spot, and were playing at Filbert St, the ground would have been rammed and rocking.

I suspect the KP won't be a patch on anything I experienced at Filbert St.

Especially if we go one down.

Archived