Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramadaone

Under 15's

That's superb news, congratulations to everyone involved. Have any of the players at that level received international caps or played in our U18 side?

There is one lad I know, from the Under 14's but has appeared recently on the bench for the Under-18s and starts regularly for the Under-16's, massive prospect, plays in the same school team as my brother and for his age, I haven't seen any better.

There is one lad I know, from the Under 14's but has appeared recently on the bench for the Under-18s and starts regularly for the Under-16's, massive prospect, plays in the same school team as my brother and for his age, I haven't seen any better.

Rated in the top 10 in the country so massive potential

No name as let the lad develop in his own time

Know some of these, some very good players for the future, hopefully they make it to the academy and then future first team.

Always good to see youth products making the big time.

Then you should know that being good at 15 can often mean literally nothing.

If they remain as good at 17/18 then they have half a chance.

It's good to see us winning something though.

Then you should know that being good at 15 can often mean literally nothing.

If they remain as good at 17/18 then they have half a chance.

It's good to see us winning something though.

Yeah, I mean if they do ;)

fair point good at 15 often means a young lad who is physically very strong/early developer.Quite often does not translate but no bad thing to do well at that age.

next thing is to keep away from bars/beer/girls for a couple of years.No fun realy

fair point good at 15 often means a young lad who is physically very strong/early developer.Quite often does not translate but no bad thing to do well at that age.

next thing is to keep away from bars/beer/girls for a couple of years.No fun realy

That's it really isn't it..

When I played for my School team we won nearly everything for four years. 8 of the first 11 played for Leicester Boys and none of us went onto to being anywhere near a professional player.

If you can maintain a lads interest and level of fitness through the mid teens then you have half a chance with them.

Are our youth teams local lads or can we pull them in from all over ,presume locals.

In my day only Shilts , Steve Whitworth,Dave Nish made the top as far as I can recall Most of us went on playing for the likes of Enderby Town ,Anstey Nomads,Senior league sides etc.Always seemed that basic speed and fitness was the key at age 17/18 and then it was down to individual dedication(ie,not spending ones evening in Top Rank)

Are our youth teams local lads or can we pull them in from all over ,presume locals.

In my day only Shilts , Steve Whitworth,Dave Nish made the top as far as I can recall Most of us went on playing for the likes of Enderby Town ,Anstey Nomads,Senior league sides etc.Always seemed that basic speed and fitness was the key at age 17/18 and then it was down to individual dedication(ie,not spending ones evening in Top Rank)

Our recruitment network is far vaster than the local areas, we have a few overseas players in our youth teams too.

One of them is my lads mate, he has always played a couple of years above his age level and his dad was a professional footballer who has nurtured him from a ery early age to get the very set out of him. It was funny to watch him as a young boy aged around 8 as once he go the ball he just took everyone on and scored.

Similar story used to take my family on hols to Majorca and they would hold a footy session for the youngsters every morning on a double tennis court.One lad just stood head and shoulders above the rest and there were some decent little players.Nobody could get near enough to even kick him,stepovers ,flicks the lot.Clue was he always wore bright orange kit.One of the dads eventually asked the question and it turned out he was on the junior scheme at Ajax! Often wonder if he made the grade but probly y12 years old at the time no guarantee.

Archived