Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Does Pearson Really Buy Well?

Don't think he has spent badly at all. He has bought in young hungry raw talent, on a difficult budget. His side has been there or there abouts this season and is certainly something to build upon in the future if we don't make it this year. I think some people are just trying to nit pick at anything and make an argument for our man out. Not sure why.

Supposedly we paid 4 million euros for him which is about £3.5m - doubt we'd get a million for him right now

I think we could easily get that back, especially if Schlupp's going for £1.5m. People forget Knockaert is only 21.

This needs nailing right now.

Before our run of 5 victories we took 11 points from 12 games.

How is this 'unbeatable in the first half of the season'?

It isn't just 'this bad patch', if anything you could claim it has been a poor season broken up by 2 runs of 5 victories.

I'm inclinced to agree with you on this one and I think this season to date has been the most inconsistent and under achieving one from Pearson's two spells here! Last season we were bemoaning our inability to win back to back games (something that happened just twice all of last season!) and that was reflected in our final position of 10th, when we were pre season favourites to win the title! It was a season of disruption though of course and Pearson had inherited a squad that was still half Sven's of course. This season he can have no such excuses though and worryingly we cannot seem to string anything together at all of any note! One win in 12 now says it all and before our purple patch January, it was 11 points from 12 games! :( Our two six goal bonanzas against Ipswich and Huddersfield were only thanks to our playing two teams who played to a lower standard than your average pub team on both days!

How we're still 7th I don't know and it just shows how poor the Championship has been as a league this season! The January run of form and the football we played then was good but has just succeeded in glossing over what has been another disappointing season to date after promising so much. As they say, form is temporary, class is being consistent!

Archived