Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Does Pearson Really Buy Well?

Well? I've read quite a lot about how well he buys and how he develops players, Drinkwater, has he improved, i'd say his feet are well under our table now and he gives the ball to the opposition more than our own players. Shlupp, now there's another one, has he got better? Personally i think Pearson signs decent players and the said players sink down into an average vein of form when they get to know Pearson and realise how much they can get away with.

I'm sure i'll be slated by the Pearson fans for this and no i don't want him sacked yet-let him fail us as a manager first and not get us to the play-offs and then get rid.

Well? I've read quite a lot about how well he buys and how he develops players, Drinkwater, has he improved, i'd say his feet are well under our table now and he gives the ball to the opposition more than our own players. Shlupp, now there's another one, has he got better? Personally i think Pearson signs decent players and the said players sink down into an average vein of form when they get to know Pearson and realise how much they can get away with.

I'm sure i'll be slated by the Pearson fans for this and no i don't want him sacked yet-let him fail us as a manager first and not get us to the play-offs and then get rid.

:rolleyes:

Most of his signings are solid/good... Morrison, Hobbs, Wellens, Berner etc.

Yeah people will say, well he also signed some rubbish. Ok, he did, but so does every manager. For every Van Nistelrooy, there's Djemba-Djemba, etc.

Probably more for your GOD AWFUL spelling of Jeffrey Schlupps name and the fact you've used him an example of a Pearson signing when he was a produce of the youth academy. But there we are.

The mis-informed are at it again, please get facts straight before posting.

If any criticism can be aimed at Pearson is that he buys well, young hungry talented players, but he can't get the best out of them over a sustained period, anyone who has watched more than the last 10 games this season will agree that there is plenty of quality and ability in Pearson's signings, Drinkwater, James, RDL, Morgan, Knocky, Wood, Marshall, but what we haven't seen, Morgan aside, is consistency.

Arguably bad signings in this spell have been Vardy (could still turn it round), Whitbread (injury problems and was free anyway).

With the inaccuracies it's hard to even use it as a debating point, but then we see the post is a just a thinly veiled attempt to beat Pearson around the head

Anyway, IMO he buys very well - all manager's have bad buys and Pearson is no different here, but the successes far outweigh than unsuccessful

It's tough at the moment with form & it's temporary nature being well down below expected & required levels, but over the season we've seen a lot from James, Drinky, Knocky, Marshall, RDL, Morgan, Keane etc & etc to show they have got the right stuff, they're perhaps just missing a leader or two on the pitch and a return to the management's conviction of playing football in the opposing half.

The signing are on the whole good, but when you take into account that they cost less than the players they replaced, the agents fees were most likely massively less and their wages are almost certainly massively less, then we do (form aside) seem to be on the right track to steer the right path through the forthcoming FFP era.

Drinkwater, James, RDL, Morgan, Knocky, Wood, Marshall, but what we haven't seen, Morgan aside, is consistency.

Arguably bad signings in this spell have been Vardy (could still turn it round), Whitbread (injury problems and was free anyway).

Futacs?

Drinkwater, Knocky, Wood & Marshall all seem to have got worse as time has gone by.

Why are you including Schlupp in this thread when Pearson didn't buy him?

I don't remember saying he bought Shclupp but surely Pearson must be partly responsible for his developement whether he bought him or not?

Probably more for your GOD AWFUL spelling of Jeffrey Schlupps name and the fact you've used him an example of a Pearson signing when he was a produce of the youth academy. But there we are.

Oh dear aren't you a clever ****!

Hate people who say Drinkwater is crap, One of the best players in the teams. Got a great future a head of him. With out him well lets just look at how we played at Barnsley...

Yeh but look at how badly we play when he's in

I think Pearson is getting away with murder, so to speak, this season.

He's made some awful signings... Futacs, Vardy, Marshall is bang average, Whitbread, Kane on loan.

He's also made some good ones... James and RDL for instance.

In terms of signs of them improving? Well no! How can anyone say that. We've been dross as a team for a couple of months now. They are looking worse than they did around Christmas time.

I think Pearson made most of his signings play better first time round actually.

Hobbs and Brown were great together for instance.

I think Pearson is getting away with murder, so to speak, this season.

He's made some awful signings... Futacs, Vardy, Marshall is bang average, Whitbread, Kane on loan.

He's also made some good ones... James and RDL for instance.

In terms of signs of them improving? Well no! How can anyone say that. We've been dross as a team for a couple of months now. They are looking worse than they did around Christmas time.

I think Pearson made most of his signings play better first time round actually.

Hobbs and Brown were great together for instance.

Do you not think the whole team has been dragged down by this poor spell Col? Let's face it, at times, the vast majority of his signings have played some sublime football this season! Marshall has been very disappointing indeed.

Archived