Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Does Pearson Really Buy Well?

Erm this is a football forum, maybe we shouldn't have an ill founded political thread distracting us from the Pearson discussion.

The bit about distracting was said with tongue in cheek but perhaps I should put

***JOKE***

After those sort of comments so that they don't go over your head in future.

And as it also seems to need spelling out to you, there was nothing ill founded about the original post in that thread, she died.

Do you not think the whole team has been dragged down by this poor spell Col? Let's face it, at times, the vast majority of his signings have played some sublime football this season! Marshall has been very disappointing indeed.

Yes mate but think about it... What/who is the cause of a 'poor spell'? Possibly the manager but certainly the players. Have Cardiff had a 'poor spell' all season? Not particularly no... They have been more or less pretty consistent. The reason for this, as I said at the start of the season, is because they have that bit extra quality in the squad.

The 'poor spell' to which you refer is based upon a team of essentially younger players who, we all know, can fly high one month, then go off the boil the next.

Pearson should have mixed it up with a couple of older heads IMO to drag them through the tougher times and get them playing again.

The bit about distracting was said with tongue in cheek but perhaps I should put

***JOKE***

After those sort of comments so that they don't go over your head in future.

And as it also seems to need spelling out to you, there was nothing ill founded about the original post in that thread, she died.

WTF??? what is 'that thread'? maybe I'm a bit fik I'll run my opinions by you before I post in future, make sure they get your seal of approval.

WTF??? what is 'that thread'? maybe I'm a bit fik I'll run my opinions by you before I post in future, make sure they get your seal of approval.

*sighs*

That thread was the Thatcher thread I referred to originally.

I'm really not looking for any notice on your opinions to be honest. This is boring. Carry on as you were.

Yes mate but think about it... What/who is the cause of a 'poor spell'? Possibly the manager but certainly the players. Have Cardiff had a 'poor spell' all season? Not particularly no... They have been more or less pretty consistent. The reason for this, as I said at the start of the season, is because they have that bit extra quality in the squad.

The 'poor spell' to which you refer is based upon a team of essentially younger players who, we all know, can fly high one month, then go off the boil the next.

Pearson should have mixed it up with a couple of older heads IMO to drag them through the tougher times and get them playing again.

Nobody in truth has been ultra consistent or standout though bud! Cardiff and Dull have just been less inconsistent than the rest of us!

Nobody in truth has been ultra consistent or standout though bud! Cardiff and Dull have just been less inconsistent than the rest of us!

Absolutely right!

I've said it a few times now, the sides going up this season will be the weakest for many years IMO.

Another reason why Pearson appears to have fooked up a really really good opportunity for success this year.

Cardiff, Hull, Watford... None are anything special at all. Cardiff have been the strongest but aren't a good side particularly.

If we don't even make play offs this season it will have been a major chance lost.

NP failed in my eyes by not making us automatic promotion contenders this season has been competitive yes but not in the quality department! two or three signings in the January market would of seen us remain in those positions but we only signed Wood and the youth-fullness of our team burnt out physically and mentally and now we are fighting for the playoffs when we should of been quite comfortable in them, oh well the season isn't over yet and we can still get promotion through the playoffs.

Come on you blue and white bastards secure promotion pretty please lol:chant::trumpet::scarf:

Absolutely right!

I've said it a few times now, the sides going up this season will be the weakest for many years IMO.

Another reason why Pearson appears to have fooked up a really really good opportunity for success this year.

Cardiff, Hull, Watford... None are anything special at all. Cardiff have been the strongest but aren't a good side particularly.

If we don't even make play offs this season it will have been a major chance lost.

Indeed, that's why I felt so devastated the other week mate! we have played some amazing football and then implode! Still think it could get interesting again and potentially we could get into and win the play offs, time will tell :chant:

Well? I've read quite a lot about how well he buys and how he develops players, Drinkwater, has he improved, i'd say his feet are well under our table now and he gives the ball to the opposition more than our own players. Shlupp, now there's another one, has he got better? Personally i think Pearson signs decent players and the said players sink down into an average vein of form when they get to know Pearson and realise how much they can get away with.

I'm sure i'll be slated by the Pearson fans for this and no i don't want him sacked yet-let him fail us as a manager first and not get us to the play-offs and then get rid.

I think Pearsons signings have been very good. He's building a good, and hopefully, a solid team for the future.

Compare the signings to what Sven bought in when he was here, Sven bought so many high earning players which didn't work out. Pearson came in, buys good young players.

Reason why his signings look useless now is because of our form. When we was 2nd and winning back to back games I bet you didn't think these signings were shit then?

As for Schlupp, he came through the youth ranks.

I think Pearsons signings have been very good. He's building a good, and hopefully, a solid team for the future.

Compare the signings to what Sven bought in when he was here, Sven bought so many high earning players which didn't work out. Pearson came in, buys good young players.

Reason why his signings look useless now is because of our form. When we was 2nd and winning back to back games I bet you didn't think these signings were shit then?

As for Schlupp, he came through the youth ranks.

Again... The players are THE REASON for the form?

What is 'form' if its not down to the players and the manager?

Don't make sense..

Again... The players are THE REASON for the form?

What is 'form' if its not down to the players and the manager?

Don't make sense..

We didn't get to 2nd place because of luck. The lads looked unbeatable in the first half of the season, we hit this bad patch and now there shit signings?

We have a good squad, the form is shit and obviously that is down to the players, I never said it wasn't if you read my last post again properly.

Just because there not performing now doesn't mean there shit signings. Everybody goes through bad patches and unfortunately were going through ours.

So far, how many of his signings look good enough for Premier League football?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say none, but it would be genuinely interesting to see who from his signings people think will be able to rise to that standard, whether Nige takes them there or someone else.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say none, but it would be genuinely interesting to see who from his signings people think will be able to rise to that standard, whether Nige takes them there or someone else.

There are far worse right backs in the Premiership than RDL. Morgan could play for a lower half prem team. Those two are the only ones I think. DD, James, Marshall and Knocky would be possibles but it depends on their development in the next couple of years.

If the players were good enough for the premier league then we wouldn't have signed them. Fact is no one knows how some players will fare at top level until they are playing there. Look at some of the players in there now, average players but proving to be decent premier league players.

The thing with most NP's signings is that they have shown they are capable of good performances and are young enough to improve.

I would say De Laet, James and Knockaert will all play premier league football. I know he's only on loan but I think Keane will be a top draw centre back and will not only play for England but will captain England one day. Baring injuries.

Drinkwater, Wood and Morgan if they play to their potential could all play at a lower premier league level.

Archived