Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Jeff Schlupp

On a more positive note...

I was impressed at the performance of Jeff tonight. For me, especially in the second half, he was our only real threat.

Yes he's raw, yes he's short of games under his belt. But I saw real signs tonight that he could be a future striker of the club.

I also thought some of the comments made in tonight's match thread, about a young lad trying his heart out, were just harsh.

'You have to be there to miss em, as the phrase goes' and this lad led Brums defence a merry dance in the second half.

Good signs..

Jeff looked awful, his first touch was poor couldn't beat a man and his finishing was abysmal.

It seems because a player is home grown we give them more credit.

If that was Vardy today all would be on here asking why we played him.

Not good enough for a top end Championship side

I thought he was quite poor for the first half, many times he pulled out of a challenge or mis-controlled or misplaced a pass.

2nd half though he harried their defenders and looked a really big threat due to his pace, decent goal too.

He looks to have potential everytime he plays, but without quite doing enough generally. He got a good goal today but in general he just looked a little bit lost and short on confidence. He looked afraid when he got the ball like he didn't want to do anything wrong.

I still think he's playing out of position, play him where he played at Derby and we'll get the best out of him eventually. We need to utilise his pace, tell him to get on the ball and run at players with conviction, and strike the ball with conviction too. So many quick players do not understand the danger they possess.

On a more positive note...

I was impressed at the performance of Jeff tonight. For me, especially in the second half, he was our only real threat.

Yes he's raw, yes he's short of games under his belt. But I saw real signs tonight that he could be a future striker of the club.

I also thought some of the comments made in tonight's match thread, about a young lad trying his heart out, were just harsh.

'You have to be there to miss em, as the phrase goes' and this lad led Brums defence a merry dance in the second half.

Good signs..

The saying that you were constantly dismissing when Waghorn was playing brilliantly and not scoring?

Don't get me wrong, you're right about Jeff, but it's a tad hypocritical don't you think?

The saying that you were constantly dismissing when Waghorn was playing brilliantly and not scoring?

Don't get me wrong, you're right about Jeff, but it's a tad hypocritical don't you think?

I've made it clear Mark, I'm sure, that I'd far sooner see Waghorn on the bench that Harry Fookin Kane.

I have no idea why Waggy has been outed.

However, I'm hoping also that Schlupp becomes a far more a natural finisher than Waghorn.

I've made it clear Mark, I'm sure, that I'd far sooner see Waghorn on the bench that Harry Fookin Kane.

I have no idea why Waggy has been outed.

However, I'm hoping also that Schlupp becomes a far more a natural finisher than Waghorn.

Natural finishing is an instinct players such as lineker fowler and the likes had, you can't become a better natural finisher.

You can become a better. Finisher however I don't see Jeff improving as a forward I think left back is his position.

Archived