Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

If you think we will be promoted this season ----

Reason 1 - David Nugent is angry after reflecting on his mistake against Brum. Gets possessed and ends up with Steve Walsh type aggression. Goes out and destroys Bolton and Palace with back to back headed hatricks. Follows it up with the perfect hatrick against Elton Johns side - left foot, right foot, diving header.

There's at least 10 more reasons, so I'm not giving up yet squire.

So long as Forest don't beat Cardiff it's still in our hands. If it's in our hands we might get promoted. Our last 2 games have seen improved performances.

But still no win, that's the worrying part...

Gotta win all 4 now. No other way to be sure.

Squeezing into the play-offs on the last day with a win at the City Ground? Many have called it all season, and now it's do or die.

If we win on Tuesday, it will happen. If not, might as well do something else on my remaining Saturdays.

I believe, generally because...

. It's still possible

. We have Crystal Palace, Watford (and especially) Nottingham Forest and Bolton all to play

. Teams around us have tough games (although for some reason I've got a feeling Forest will win at Cardiff today)

. It's not just us messing up (look at Forest, Brighton and Palace. How many goals have their strikers scored recently?, as an example)

What evidence is there that we could win one game with this idiot picking the team ? never mind winning four ffs, why do people delude them selfs ?

Because we're football fans. It's what we do. Believe. If I don't believe, what's the point in going?

I've got DT on ignore but I'm guessing it's a miserable tirade berating anyone with even a hint of hope? Oh and obviously vitriol aimed at Pearson.

How close is that?

Depends on todays results, if Cardiff beat Forest we're only going to be 2 points behind them and have to play them, and Bolton might overtake us but we have to play them as well.

I think 4 points off 6th might be too much, but 2 or 3 (with our GD) isn't

I wouldn't say I'm a 'Pearson lover' but I think we've still got a chance. Looking at the table tonight we're 2 points behind Bolton in 6th who we play on Tuesday.

Forest who got a battering today go to Boro who are massively overdue a win. We win on Tuesday we could well go 6th. Then everyone'll be 'believing' again...

Stick with them until it's mathematically impossible cause in football you just never know. :scarf:

I think we will, because as every football fan knows, history always repeats itself.

Back in 1996, we went into the last game of the season 8th. We would need to win away against a Watford side which would be relegated if they didn't win. We also needed two teams above us to fail to win. I travelled to Watford away, dressed as a crocodile I might add, knowing that we had a theoretical chance of making the playoffs but not really believing it could happen. We had missed our chance weeks before.

If we do make the playoffs this season, when really we really do not deserve to, we go into those games with a huge psychological boost. We would just need the players to take that chance with both hands.

Archived