Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
desboroughfox

First game thoughts

Last night was my first ever lcfc game. I kind of support Kettering but refuse to watch them at minute. The missus had work last night so thought instead of staying in me and my son Josh would come and watch Leicester, just 15 for both of us I thought was a bargain so off we bith went to the KP last night with a mate of mine in tow. Got to meet Keith Curle when I collected tickets and then picked up a shirt for my lad for 15 quid. He seemed very impressed because our surname is Fox and he now had a shirt with a fox on! The fans we sat next too where a great bunch and made us feel welcome even after I stepped on a womans toe getting to my seat! We sat in the family stand, I thought its a bit strange having it so close to the away support but turned out my 3yr old loved seeing all the 'banter' between the 2 sets of fans. He liked filbert fox waving at him at h/t although he did thrn ask 'where is bernie the dog' (confession time im a saints rugby fan!). As for the game and im basing this purely on what i saw last night I thought leicester where unlucky not to get the 3 points but they allowed brum toi much time on the ball, needed a 'hard man' in midfield to break up/disrupt their possesion. Also a big confident towering confident centre half too deal with crosses rather than rely on schmeichels punches. Overall I enjoyed it and will be bringing my son back, he loves every minute and ia wearing his shirt today. I think with josh (the boy) you have a new supporter with life that is good for me as it is easy for me to bring him just 20 miles up road and when hes old enough he can easily catch train from harborough with a mate to come and watch.

Last night was my first ever lcfc game. I kind of support Kettering but refuse to watch them at minute. The missus had work last night so thought instead of staying in me and my son Josh would come and watch Leicester, just 15 for both of us I thought was a bargain so off we bith went to the KP last night with a mate of mine in tow. Got to meet Keith Curle when I collected tickets and then picked up a shirt for my lad for 15 quid. He seemed very impressed because our surname is Fox and he now had a shirt with a fox on! The fans we sat next too where a great bunch and made us feel welcome even after I stepped on a womans toe getting to my seat! We sat in the family stand, I thought its a bit strange having it so close to the away support but turned out my 3yr old loved seeing all the 'banter' between the 2 sets of fans. He liked filbert fox waving at him at h/t although he did thrn ask 'where is bernie the dog' (confession time im a saints rugby fan!). As for the game and im basing this purely on what i saw last night I thought leicester where unlucky not to get the 3 points but they allowed brum toi much time on the ball, needed a 'hard man' in midfield to break up/disrupt their possesion. Also a big confident towering confident centre half too deal with crosses rather than rely on schmeichels punches. Overall I enjoyed it and will be bringing my son back, he loves every minute and ia wearing his shirt today. I think with josh (the boy) you have a new supporter with life that is good for me as it is easy for me to bring him just 20 miles up road and when hes old enough he can easily catch train from harborough with a mate to come and watch.

Jesus christ, your first time down there and you have already spotted what Pearson has failed to see, or address in the last 18 months.

Welcome to the frustrating world of Leicester City by the way. :thumbup:

Take off your blue tinted specs then as the rest of your fans did, apart from those that are so pissed off with a draw they've made a decision that they couldn't hear us haha! Woahhhh oooo oooo

Lighten up fella was only pulling your leg, I'm guessing you are pre pubescant? :ph34r:

It'll teach him the values of not getting your hopes hope, being happy with any kind of success (however small) and how to deal with crushing disappointment if nothing else.

Tbf my son or daughter is going to have to suffer the same plight as me when they (hopefully) pop out in August. Why should they have it easy?

I was lightened up when Burke banged in his pen :D

I was surprised he was only your bench.

Always been lively when he`s played against us in the past, and been a real hand full.

I said to my mate, when he came on, i bet he scores against us again!

Archived