Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramadaone

Set pieces

No idea what the stats are but our defending today and recently has been shocking from set pieces

Had to close my eyes every time they had a free kick or corner today and how they didn't score just before half time from 3 successive corners I'll never know - hit the bar twice and another cleared off the line ?

Probably the most exciting game of football I'll ever see but that's because the defending was average at best and the finishing was even worse

If it had finished 8-7 I don't think anyone could have complained.

But who the f*** cares !!

Think Kasper has to get off his line more at set pieces otherwise its going to kill us

Schmeichel is a great shot-stopper, occasionally appalling decision making though.

When he comes, he often changes his mind and is caught in no-mans land, but all too often he's on his line watching it go in the net - happens all the time on crosses whether it's set pieces or open play.

Whitbread is our man to win headers, but what we've seen of him he's awful on the ground and isn't worth a starting place in the team (weird because injuries aside, he was spoken pretty highly of at Norwich)

Set piece defending has been poor all season but more noticeable recently due to not winning games.

Conceded today. Cleared two off the line too

Vs Watford

Vs Palace conceded, and they hit the bar, and Kasper did a great save.

Vs Bolton, Zat Knight was just left unmarked and he should have buried his chance

We concede a great chance at least every single game and its not good enough

Archived