Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LanguedocFox

A Forest fan's view

Good review apart from calling our ground " Leggo " ok it is a standard type of modern ground but compared to Forest dirty old rust heap it's heaven. Shit ground shit city and not even a Rugby club. Oh  and a big nosed ginger knob gobbler for a fan.

Let me assure everyone that after living in Loughborough for over 30 years, going to school there etc etc, they hate us and we (I) fvcking absolutely loathe them. It makes me laugh how they try their pathetic games to pretend otherwise. Jokers

Yea, That's only in Loughborough though and understandably so as it's about halfway between the two places. I'm not saying there's absolutely no rivalry. Of course there is, but it's not all that significant once you actually get into Nottingham.

What makes me laugh is that they have a pop at us for maintaining a supposedly one-sided rivalry and then pretend they have a rivalry with Liverpool.  lol

Most deluded fans around.

The Liverpool thing isn't so much a footballing rivalry, more of a hatred of the red scousers and everything about them. Think along the lines of borderline racism and you're about there.

The Liverpool thing isn't so much a footballing rivalry, more of a hatred of the red scousers and everything about them. Think along the lines of borderline racism and you're about there.

Why though? If it's still a hangover from ancient history when yourselves and Liverpool were gunning for the same trophies it needs letting go.

Has anyone has ever walked around Nottingham in a Leicester shirt before because I have and the amount of jeers and comments I got was enough to suggest there's something there. I was only like 14 at the time!

Partly that. Partly the constant celebrations of grief, partly the absolute refusal to shoulder any blame for anything, partly the bad haircuts and silly accents, John Aldridge, partly that even after Hillsborough and Heysel a fair section of their support delight in getting in without tickets, partly the ban on English clubs competing in Europe.

Pretty much anything they say and everything they do.

Partly that. Partly the constant celebrations of grief, partly the absolute refusal to shoulder any blame for anything, partly the bad haircuts and silly accents, John Aldridge, partly that even after Hillsborough and Heysel a fair section of their support delight in getting in without tickets, partly the ban on English clubs competing in Europe.

Pretty much anything they say and everything they do.

I would say mostly that seeing as the other elements annoy fans of every other club just as much.

It surely has to be the most one-sided hatred in English football. Even the Leeds-Man United rivalry has infinitely more times needle on the part of the bigger club, I daresay most Liverpool fans under 30 don't even recognise any ill-feeling at all.

Has anyone has ever walked around Nottingham in a Leicester shirt before because I have and the amount of jeers and comments I got was enough to suggest there's something there. I was only like 14 at the time!

After the 2-2 last season they were really rubbing it in. Never seen so many cocky home fans.

I would say mostly that seeing as the other elements annoy fans of every other club just as much.

It surely has to be the most one-sided hatred in English football. Even the Leeds-Man United rivalry has infinitely more times needle on the part of the bigger club, I daresay most Liverpool fans under 30 don't even recognise any ill-feeling at all.

I would say you're probably right.. :D

I would say you're probably right.. :D

:D

I can think of one more one-sided rivalry on reflection.

Peterborough's loathing of us. 

We genuinely couldn't give two shits.

I don't give a shit if their fans don't feel the rivalry but the players certainly do. They looked absolutely crushed at the end of the game and I took great delight rubbing it in at Simon Cox and Billy Davies during their "lap of honour". Simon Cox looked like he was gonna cry and Billy Davies told me to piss off and then marched to the corner to applaud the 20 or so fans that bothered to stay. All in all we crashed the party on their Big Day Out and I loved every minute of it.

Forest "pretending to not hate us" is a poor attempt by their brain-dead contingent to appear intelligent. It instead results in reverse psychology and makes them look obsessed.

They can delude themselves all they want: we all saw them crying yesterday.

Yea, That's only in Loughborough though and understandably so as it's about halfway between the two places. I'm not saying there's absolutely no rivalry. Of course there is, but it's not all that significant once you actually get into Nottingham.

Racism, Forest supporters know all about that. 

Or remember the last time they played Forest ?

Forest do care about us and we are basically their 2nd rivals. If they didn't care about us then they wouldn't sing songs about us or have nicknames for us. To be honest Forest hate us about as much as we hate Derby so it's fair to say we arnt their main rivals but we are still a rival.

Peterborough or Coventry vs us is more a case of a rivalry one team dosn't care about.

There jus bitter bastards. They would be spunking everywhere if they had beaten us, given it large as much as possible. Just trying to pretend there not too bothered when in reality we all know their seething!! Hate Forest and even more so when that little Scottish tosser is in charge, just a little bulldog.

Bolton fan in peace.  Well done fellas, thought you were the best team we played this season by some distance and on balance you deserved that final place more than we did.  Frankly, we're just grateful not to be Wolves fans and believe me, at the end of January it looked like we could go the same way.

To be honest, I can't see anyone other than Brighton going up, but I'll be cheering you on against Watford (16 loan players, no one will ever tell me there's not something bent about that).

Good luck and enjoy the play offs.  We've been there, won some, lost others.  The final is amazing when you win, the most miserable place to ride home from when you've lost.

Billy Davies is a **** anyway, despise the little shit. And to call our stadium Lego? Bore off Elland road is a proper "old" ground! The city ground just stinks of piss and is a rickety old piece of shit.

Bolton fan in peace. Well done fellas, thought you were the best team we played this season by some distance and on balance you deserved that final place more than we did. Frankly, we're just grateful not to be Wolves fans and believe me, at the end of January it looked like we could go the same way.

To be honest, I can't see anyone other than Brighton going up, but I'll be cheering you on against Watford (16 loan players, no one will ever tell me there's not something bent about that).

Good luck and enjoy the play offs. We've been there, won some, lost others. The final is amazing when you win, the most miserable place to ride home from when you've lost.

cheers mate. Although we were crap for the last couple of months, its over a season that counts so we must have done something right

Forest do care about us and we are basically their 2nd rivals. If they didn't care about us then they wouldn't sing songs about us or have nicknames for us. To be honest Forest hate us about as much as we hate Derby so it's fair to say we arnt their main rivals but we are still a rival.

Peterborough or Coventry vs us is more a case of a rivalry one team dosn't care about.

Peterborough is 100% one sided and so is Coventry for most Leicester fans, but it's a recognised derby in the west of the county and bordering towns such as Hinckley and Nuneaton. 

Means absolutely nothing to me mind.

Archived