Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Sorry Nigel

I don't see how any apology is required.

We have had a relegation form since February and have barely scraped into the play offs with a team that should be challenging for the top 2.

Yet we have barely scraped in because Bolton couldn't finish the job.

We are exactly where we deserve to be. Bolton are where they are not because they bottled but because of their results over the course of the whole season meant they finished where they did.

We are exactly where we deserve to be. Bolton are where they are not because they bottled but because of their results over the course of the whole season meant they finished where they did.

I don't see how your point has any relevance to mine.

It has taken a spectacular capitulation in form and results to leave us needing a favour from Bolton to limp into 6th yesterday.

I don't consider myself to be at all fickle. I always post it how I see it.

Pearson and his team have turned in some great AND some awful performances this season. When we've been good I've said so, when we've been shite, I've said so. I've also tried to suggest where I think we need improving.

But, and here's the important thing, I've always hoped we could do what we did. I didn't expect we would, but I hoped we would. Cos I'm a city fan through and through..

:thumbup:

I don't consider myself to be at all fickle. I always post it how I see it.

Pearson and his team have turned in some great AND some awful performances this season. When we've been good I've said so, when we've been shite, I've said so. I've also tried to suggest where I think we need improving.

But, and here's the important thing, I've always hoped we could do what we did. I didn't expect we would, but I hoped we would. Cos I'm a city fan through and through..

:thumbup:

Stubborn arrogant and single mind Col, never fickle ..... Mmmm who's that sound like

It is no coincidence that when Pearson sets us up to attack and play with purpose we're successful. When the negative football kicks in like trying to sit back and defend a lead (like yesterday at 2-1 when we were all over them and should have continued to make it 3/4-1) we are utter crap. 

I know which Pearson style I prefer.

I think some City fans tend to forget the bigger picture. In each of his full seasons with the club, Pearson has done something special. He took over when we went down to the Third Division for the first time, and brought us up as Champions; got us to the play-offs at his first attempt, and (but for Kermy's farting about) might have got us to Wembley and up from there. He was then appallingly treated by Mandaric, left, did a good job for Hull, came back to City, stabilised things and got us to the play-offs again.

Now, compare that record with any other manager we have had since O'Neill. Peter Failure? Micky Adams? Levein, Allen, Megson, Sousa, Eriksson? Name me one of those fvckwits who you would put in place of Pearson.

It's time we realised that it takes time to build a squad, and you're going to get periods when things aren't going right. We are incredibly lucky to have Pearson and his coaching staff, and with them we have the basis to go on and do good stuff. FFS let's not throw it away.

I think some City fans tend to forget the bigger picture. In each of his full seasons with the club, Pearson has done something special. He took over when we went down to the Third Division for the first time, and brought us up as Champions; got us to the play-offs at his first attempt, and (but for Kermy's farting about) might have got us to Wembley and up from there. He was then appallingly treated by Mandaric, left, did a good job for Hull, came back to City, stabilised things and got us to the play-offs again.

Now, compare that record with any other manager we have had since O'Neill. Peter Failure? Micky Adams? Levein, Allen, Megson, Sousa, Eriksson? Name me one of those fvckwits who you would put in place of Pearson.

It's time we realised that it takes time to build a squad, and you're going to get periods when things aren't going right. We are incredibly lucky to have Pearson and his coaching staff, and with them we have the basis to go on and do good stuff. FFS let's not throw it away.

Didn't Micky Adams get us promoted as runners up, clear failure. Ok he didn't cut it in the prem and resigned, but I wouldn't call him a failure.

He still took us higher than a lot of managers, including the current manager have.

Didn't Micky Adams get us promoted as runners up, clear failure. Ok he didn't cut it in the prem and resigned, but I wouldn't call him a failure.

He still took us higher than a lot of managers, including the current manager have.

Micky Adams had key players from Martin O'Neill's team, notably Matt Elliott, Muzzy Izzet and Gerry Taggart. He didn't sign a single class player, which is why we went down after a season in the Premier, and why he got the sack (well, that and the fact that he insisted on wearing shorts). He couldn't hold a candle to Pearson. 

Micky Adams had key players from Martin O'Neill's team, notably Matt Elliott, Muzzy Izzet and Gerry Taggart. He didn't sign a single class player, which is why we went down after a season in the Premier, and why he got the sack (well, that and the fact that he insisted on wearing shorts). He couldn't hold a candle to Pearson.

It's a closed debate, nothing can be said against Pearson, because he is the best thing since sliced bread, and any manager in the last decade is shit, come on Micky Adams achieved promotion without the playoff, the man deserves a bit of credit.

And to say he had a few oneil players in the squad, and I guess your suggesting that is the reason he got promoted, if we do manage to go up its all down to Sven I guess, as two or three of his players are still in the first team, and to be fair Pearson he has made some good and bad signings, but none you would say class yet, and before I get slated there are a few with the potential to be class I.e knockeart, James, and Morgan has been good.

How should we be getting automatic with the 3rd youngest team in the entire football league.  we're learning and developing.  Not in cruise control winning games 6-0 every week! Its a good squad with no experience.  A massive well done for sneaking back into the play offs in such a high pressure game. 

It's a 46 game season and you generally finish up where you deserve. Disappointing to have nosedived since Jan from 2nd but we still have a chance of promotion. The question that needs to be asked is are we progressing and improving in the right direction, and surely the answer is yes we have finished 4 places higher with more points.

Anyone who suggests simply because we are Leicester City and we have money means we should finish top of the league clearly haven't watched enough championship football, or any football for that matter. Money doesn't guarantee instant success at any level.

The changes this year have been vast and the improvement is clear to see. Simply just get behind the lads and the manager for these 2 or 3 games to see what happens?

have to agree with the above poster this is the youngest team ive seen at leicester and tbh one that could have potential if they stick together im not being funny but alex ferguson does the same thing of bringing in a bunch of youth players and sticking with them and letting them grow together if its good enough for him then its good enough for us lol.

as for nigel first time he was with us he won the league 1 with a win ratio better than any other manager 

we went a whole year unbeaten at home 

got into the play offs again in the championship which we lost to cardiff on penalties 

and again this year with the 3rd youngest team in the leagues we are in the play offs again 

we did nothing under paulo sousa and sven  nothing at all 

he has also come in and reduced the wage bill and purchased players who are young and were cheap and i believe that he has bought a few of them along to the point a nice profit will be made .

so i say leave pearson to get on with his job and support the club you love 

There's nothing I want to apologise for. Pearson deserves some credit for getting us into the play-offs and taking the attacking risks against Forest that provided the three goals needed to get such a memorable result. It's all I've ever wanted and asked him to do - attack and score goals, whether at home or away.

But, he deserves no credit for presiding over a team which went from top of the table and virtual certain play-off candidates, to a team which was scared of its own shadow football wise, which stopped passing, moving and scoring goals and actually descended into a position outside the play-offs as a result of poor performances and bad results against often ordinary opposition.

What Pearson has now is the chance to redeem himself and take this team where its talent should take it - on to promotion. There is no reason we can't beat Watford or anyone else in the play-offs but we need to play with attitude and intent.

It's down to him really but our aim is promotion, we've failed to make the top two by distance and now we have the chance to make amends. As ever I wish him well but nearly will be nowhere as far as I'm concerned. If we play the way we did in the first third of the season we've got a chance. If we play like the last third of the season we've next-to no chance. And there's been a massive difference in standard between the two.   

Your apologising to him on the basis of one result??

no not really, we really are a fickle bunch of fans and he really gets a lot of stick, but maybe what's made this season difficult is we just haven't had much luck-on saturday we got that luck and i think the difference between automatics and play-offs is luck!

Archived