Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nickm

Sorry Nigel

This, results don't lie, hope we do it, lets not carried away, and I will take the first slice of humble pie, if they pull off what seemed impossible.

I'm not saying people shouldn't apologise. I've backed him all season and I will do deep into next season which ever league we will be in.

My point is that there are a lot of shallow fans,on here that have rubbished him all season all the way up to pre-match yesterday. But now they seemed to have changed their minds after possibly the biggest city win in 10 years!

Just such a shame that people have to base their support for the gaffa on 1 result.

I'm not saying people shouldn't apologise. I've backed him all season and I will do deep into next season which ever league we will be in.

My point is that there are a lot of shallow fans,on here that have rubbished him all season all the way up to pre-match yesterday. But now they seemed to have changed their minds after possibly the biggest city win in 10 years!

Just such a shame that people have to base their support for the gaffa on 1 result.

Support the club and back the manager. As for the fickle ones they wil be back if we don't go up.

I agree with you 100%. Great result, and credit to NP for keeping his nerve. Just hope the Thais can see his qualities, even if this all ends in tears.

I've been critical of him for some time but have consistently said that reaching the play offs would mean enough progress has been made for him to earn another shot next season, whatever the outcome. I didn't believe for a second that he'd manage it and I wanted him out. I'm delighted to have been proven wrong and won't move the goalposts now. Fine margins. Well done, Nige.

Support the club and back the manager. As for the fickle ones they wil be back if we don't go up.

I am not saying we haven't got fickle fans, who change there opinions game by game? All clubs do, what I am getting at we have been poor for a large part of the season, and one good result doesn't make a season.

We need another 3 big performances, I have been to every home game and over half the away games, so I based my opinions on what I have seen.

The reason these fickle fans( anybody who doesn't think Pearson is the right man), are fed up is like me we have spent a lot of money and time following the club we love, and have been served up lacklustre performances, and had a manager that over 17 games has been at a loss to put it right, the form before yesterday cannot be ignored.

And returning to the fickle fans,alot of the Pearson in brigade disappear when we are getting beat week in week out but one win Pearson is god, and nobody should ever have doubt him. Just as fickle in my eyes.

I will enjoy the moment, and support the team as I have all season, and just hope and pray we have turned the corner, and achieve what we all want, promotion.

I don't think any apology is necessary. Folk say things as they happen and things haven't been happening very well for us since the end of January.

Presumably NP isn't asking for an apology so why people are getting so vexed about it God knows.

The fact is the job isn't over for this season and until we have played the next 2 possibly 3 games I for one will continue to reserve my judgment.

No-one can gt away from the fact that our recent form has been one of decline and more akin to relegation than promotion and whilst I went mad yesterday after this fabulous result I am certainly not going to get carried away with a furlong to go. Yes, I will keep the faith and all that crap as I, like the next man, want to see Premiership football at the King Power Stadium.

Your apologising to him on the basis of one result??

The league is played over 46 games, not one game. In a cup game, the best team doesn't always win, it's a one off game. However, the league table of any division doesn't lie because it is played over a large period (in our case, 46 games). Cardiff won it because they were the best; the most consistent. We're the 6th best team in the league, end of.

I actually can't believe people still arn't backing Nige. Not sure if you were joking, whatever, but I always believed that he would get us a play off place. Prior to the season starting, I would have taken 6th, and I'm pleased we've got it. We have a one in four chance of getting promoted this season, hello.

Your apologising to him on the basis of one result??

well said the ones who know changing there minds based on one result are weak . im still sticking by my view of him but for know i will keep quiet on the matter

The league is played over 46 games, not one game. In a cup game, the best team doesn't always win, it's a one off game. However, the league table of any division doesn't lie because it is played over a large period (in our case, 46 games). Cardiff won it because they were the best; the most consistent. We're the 6th best team in the league, end of.

I actually can't believe people still arn't backing Nige. Not sure if you were joking, whatever, but I always believed that he would get us a play off place. Prior to the season starting, I would have taken 6th, and I'm pleased we've got it. We have a one in four chance of getting promoted this season, hello.

Read my posts...

I don't understand why, for the majority of people, this debate is reduced to a simplistic "For or Against NP"

Whilst he's the manager and I feel things are going ok (not just simply wins by the way) then he'll get my support.

Many of the aspects of his management and set up are great (i.e squad building, signings, use of money, handling the media etc) but he, like everyone, has flaws ('tatically inept', lack of plan b, could arrest this poor form, lack of experience in the squad etc).

If things start going wrong he'll start to lose my support - simples!

But I'll never ever boo/chant against any of my own - players and management included!

Monsell I do understand what you are saying and where as I don't go to as many matches as you I rarely miss a live commentary, I am not a NFP fan or hater and have found the slump bemusing and strange that it could not be addressed. That said we don't have the full details of what is happening yet we have seen it occur in the same match before Jan (Barnsley) so I for one am at loss as to what is going. What really amazes me is that the fans never chant his name even when things are going well.

I don't see how any apology is required.

We have had a relegation form since February and have barely scraped into the play offs with a team that should be challenging for the top 2.

Yet we have barely scraped in because Bolton couldn't finish the job.

What's fickle about stating the truth ? we have been lucky that's all . Don't get me wrong it was a great result and I really hope we go all the way but Nigel should be appolgising to us for the last 18 games worth. One game does not a messiah make.

Monsell I do understand what you are saying and where as I don't go to as many matches as you I rarely miss a live commentary, I am not a NFP fan or hater and have found the slump bemusing and strange that it could not be addressed. That said we don't have the full details of what is happening yet we have seen it occur in the same match before Jan (Barnsley) so I for one am at loss as to what is going. What really amazes me is that the fans never chant his name even when things are going well.

I think the reason he doesn't get that much vocal support is because of the way he presents himself in the media, he comes across as very arrogant and unapproachable, and not very endearing to the fans.

And when this bad run continued, and he contined to say the same thing over and over and nothing improved, I think alot lost faith in him.

I also think something is not right behind the scenes, and I think if he just came out with the real reason why we went from all conquering, to a team that went into relegation form for 17 games, I for one would have had sympathy for him, if it was the players being arses.

That being said he has had the support at times. L1 sing his name a bit, but admittedly not that much.

Onwards and upwards if he gets us promoted and achieves success he would deserve praise, but the jury is out.

I wish all the club good luck for the playoffs as much as we all debate, argue, slate each others opinions, and respect each others opinions, we all want Nigel and more importantly Leicester city to succeed.

Very true.

All for one, and one for all, we're all in it together.  Would rather have had Hull than Watford.  Hope he starts with Geoffrey and Lloyd on the left they are a real threat to anyone,  These games are a bonus after the run we have had. 

Come on you Blues we want revenge

Archived