Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Knockaert "dive"

How have they cheated? 

Eight loan players in the starting eleven when you're only allowed five (domestic that is) now I know you could argue that they haven't broken any rules but that's because the rules haven't been written correctly. If they aren't amended next season then something is very wrong. In addition, tax evasion involves no breach of law whatsoever but is it moral, just and right? No it is not and neither is Watford's exploitation of the loan system this season. I use tax evasion as an example as it shows you don't have to break any rules to cheat the system.

An additional act of cheating - Ownership of several clubs allowing them to obtain superb players for well below the market price. I'd also like to refer you to the rule which forbids a group to own multiple English clubs as it would be detrimental to the competition. While Watford's case is not identical it is similar and it is clear to see they have benefited hugely from it.

Whatever you do please, please do not say they haven't broken any rules. I'm aware of that but I'm also very much of the opinion that the rules are incorrect anyway so using them in your argument just won't do it for me. Sorry about the essay I've given you.  :blush:

Dont see why everyone thinks its a clear cut dive? the defender put his arm across Knockaert and made contact without touching the ball. Ok it probably was not enough to send him to the floor but players who stay on their feet don't get anything no matter how much contact.

I agree. Unfortunately players now need to go down in order to win a penalty even if its a foul anyway :(

Eight loan players in the starting eleven when you're only allowed five (domestic that is) now I know you could argue that they haven't broken any rules but that's because the rules haven't been written correctly. If they aren't amended next season then something is very wrong. In addition, tax evasion involves no breach of law whatsoever but is it moral, just and right? No it is not and neither is Watford's exploitation of the loan system this season. I use tax evasion as an example as it shows you don't have to break any rules to cheat the system.

An additional act of cheating - Ownership of several clubs allowing them to obtain superb players for well below the market price. I'd also like to refer you to the rule which forbids a group to own multiple English clubs as it would be detrimental to the competition. While Watford's case is not identical it is similar and it is clear to see they have benefited hugely from it.

Whatever you do please, please do not say they haven't broken any rules. I'm aware of that but I'm also very much of the opinion that the rules are incorrect anyway so using them in your argument just won't do it for me. Sorry about the essay I've given you.  :blush:

Move on, mate. Sunday was hard to take, but ultimately Watford are in the final and we're not. Start looking ahead to next season :)

its all simple, we have referees, accept their decisions and shut the fvck up

Tennis.. i wonder how often people dont admit to foot faults... i dont see too many people overrule an umpire when they make a line call.. in fact they even challenge them.

ooh tell me more of your knowledge about other leagues around the world.... "my" cretinous A league?   lol 

Players dont own up to handball..or to tripping a player.. they leave it to the ref.. thats his job. If he calls it... then thats the decision. and have look at my posts, i oppose the introduction of replays and technology, its opposed to the spirit of the game, the REF is in charge, he decides and you have to accept it, instead of running around bitching and moaning and seeking plastic perfection like when your playing fifa

If the ref finds that a player cheated, then he has the power to punish, you cant have it both ways.. either get rid of the ref ..or just accept his decisons.

Do you do that just so it's hard to respond to you? It's harder work trying to re organise your posts into a quote than it is to pull apart your paper thin arguements.

For one, tennis, you're a moron, I don't know how many times you've played tennis but it's physically impossible to know whether you have foot faulted or not giving your f*kcing head is up in the air looking at the ball (massive SIGH) unless it's so obvious you wouldn't even need to own up to it :rolleyes: OH DEAR. Questioning line calls? Yes it is questioning a call you believe to be incorrect which is then looked at by Hawk Eye where is the cheating in that?  You've never seen a player over rule a line call? I have, plenty of times, please watch the French Open this year you will see players kindly pointing out to the umpire where the ball has bounced all tournament long, please don't debate on subjects you don't have any idea on your bad enough at the ones you do.

Besides, and I will say this for the second time highlighting your inability to f*kcing listen to other peoples opnions take them in and process them, non of this is actively cheating I have no problem with someone letting a referre make a decision and not correcting him, I have no desire for perfection, it is about making a purpose and deliberate attempt to cheat through simulation, one very specific area of the game, diving, and I'd say that's more against the "spirit of the game" than instant replays or the what not, which I am not even asking for. Just a ban for any player found diving at the time or retrospectively , the game would be better for it.

Anyway non of this matters as according to you apparently it was a penalty now???? As his Elbow was in his neck or some Shit lol lol lol (LAUGHING OUT LOAD)

Yes I am capable of having a debate but when your concerned I do enjoy tossing in the odd insult for good measure I'm afraid :thumbup: and if there is any particular are of any particular league you would like to be educated on please let me know and I will do my best to improve you basic knowledge of proffesional sport.

Guest ttfn

Since the game on Sunday I've not been able to bring myself to watch a replay of the end of the game, but obviously by logging on just now, I've seen that GIF.

That is a penalty kick. 

At the time (from the away end), I thought it was definitely a dive by Knockaert, and looking at that clip it is apparent that he makes the most of the contact that there is. It isn't even a particularly convincing dive: he falls in a manner that looks like he is diving rather than falling naturally.

But that is a penalty. The Watford defender doesn't "touch his shoulder" as I've heard it described elsewhere. He puts his arm right across Knockaert. Anywhere else on the pitch that is a foul. You don't see penalties given for that because of the disproportionate benefit of a penalty to the original offence in situations like that, but it is clearly a foul.

That Knockaert went down in an unnatural manner is absolutely indisputable, and in that regard cheated. But how is that any worse than the cheating done by the Watford player in putting his arm across him? It's a foul. The Watford player was punished and Knockaert wasn't (but should have been).

Again, I go back to my point about it being high time that a referee gives a free kick and also books the player challenged for diving if they've over-embellished. The two things aren't mutually exclusive and in my view it is apparent that this is a prime example.

A Watford fan from work says he's watched the last couple of minutes of that game 20 or 30 times and every time he sees it he becomes more and more convinced it was a penalty.

Imagine if he'd been hacked down by their keeper when clean through, or a flying handball by a defender on the line. I'd have felt differently about subsequent events if that sort of thing had happened.

Out of interest how do you feel about that incident........ yours is one opinion I'd actually value.

My opinion is that he went down very easily but I was up and shouting with the rest of you and willing the ball in to the net.

I also remember 2 play-off finals at Wembley where we lost to very dubious penalties but most seem to have forgotten that.

Archived