Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Knockaert "dive"

Cassetti puts his arm across Knockaert. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's called a foul, but in the box you are not going to get a penalty unless you go down. Yes, his fall was dramatic but it wasn't cheating.

And us having access to millions and millions of pounds is in the spirit of the game then is it? Are people really so daft and short-sighted? Do you not remember we were in administration a decade ago? Our fans are taking the financial saviours of our club for granted it seems...

I'm not fond of the fact that we've got so much to spend - however that doesn't take advantage of a loop-hole in the laws, that doesn't result in us just renting a team for the season; Oh, and I'm well aware that we were in admin a decade ago - that was one of my earliest memories of the club.

Whilst defending, if you grab, pull, or use your arms to attempt to stop the attacker in the penalty area you always run the risk of conceding a penalty.The penalty was given for this reason. 

There is no doubt Anthony was a little theatrical, or over enthusiastic, with the way he reacted to the above, it was however a penalty!

People whinging and moaning get over it. We unfortunately missed,it happens, and they sucker punched us on the counter.

I would ask you if your ****ing stupid but as I already know the answer to that I wont bother.

Loads of sports are played free of cheating, in snooker for example it is frowned upon severly if you don't own up to a foul the referre doesn't see. Perhaps you could show me some examples of cheating in Tennis? Short of drug cheating I think there is more cheating in football than most sports put together.

Tennis.. i wonder how often people dont admit to foot faults... i dont see too many people overrule an umpire when they make a line call.. in fact they even challenge them.

The game has changed dramtically over the decades and simulation is a relatively new thing, I don't know what goes on in your cretinous "A-League" but over here we've been trying to come up with ways to stop players diving for years and unfortuantly the accpetance of football fans when their own players are doing it to gain an advantage is one of the biggest obstacles. Had the shoe been on the other foot, you'd be bitching and moaning like a goodun now asking for players to be banned and revised rules and instant replays blah blah blah.

ooh tell me more of your knowledge about other leagues around the world.... "my" cretinous A league?   lol 

Players dont own up to handball..or to tripping a player.. they leave it to the ref.. thats his job. If he calls it... then thats the decision. and have look at my posts, i oppose the introduction of replays and technology, its opposed to the spirit of the game, the REF is in charge, he decides and you have to accept it, instead of running around bitching and moaning and seeking plastic perfection like when your playing fifa

I don't expect perfection at all but I think diving has to carry a bigger penalty than a yellow card and if it is proven in retrospect should carry a games ban. You get sent off for denying a goal scoreing opportunity unfairly I don't see why you shouldn't get the same for creating one unfairly, simple stuff to me.

If the ref finds that a player cheated, then he has the power to punish, you cant have it both ways.. either get rid of the ref ..or just accept his decisons.

Anyway **** off stick to what your good at and post some pictures of animals being slaughtered

:D  you really are hilarious arent you lol.... some people are capable of holding rational discussions independent of other discussions but i guess thats a little too much to ask from you. 

its all simple, we have referees, accept their decisions and shut the fvck up

I'm not fond of the fact that we've got so much to spend - however that doesn't take advantage of a loop-hole in the laws, that doesn't result in us just renting a team for the season; Oh, and I'm well aware that we were in admin a decade ago - that was one of my earliest memories of the club.

Then you would know we went through a loophole as well at the time. Don't you remember the scorn we had to endure, from other team's managers, fans and media alike? We only had a transfer embargo placed upon us, no points deduction or anything. We were even allowed to register Summerbee and McKinley during this period. I think you are just jealous that Watford have priority access to a pool of players which is a little bit better than what we can access, and as their fans have already pointed out, they're not exactly 'rentals'.

Then you would know we went through a loophole as well at the time. Don't you remember the scorn we had to endure, from other team's managers, fans and media alike? We only had a transfer embargo placed upon us, no points deduction or anything. We were even allowed to register Summerbee and McKinley during this period. I think you are just jealous that Watford have priority access to a pool of players which is a little bit better than what we can access, and as their fans have already pointed out, they're not exactly 'rentals'.

Because the points deduction didn't exist at the time. And Summerbee + mcKinlay arrived in the summer, we didn't go into admin until the autumn - their contracts were extended during that period, but they were already registered as city players.

Whilst defending, if you grab, pull, or use your arms to attempt to stop the attacker in the penalty area you always run the risk of conceding a penalty.The penalty was given for this reason. 

There is no doubt Anthony was a little theatrical, or over enthusiastic, with the way he reacted to the above, it was however a penalty!

People whinging and moaning get over it. We unfortunately missed,it happens, and they sucker punched us on the counter.

Nope, sorry. It absolutely was not a penalty.

Manwell is a strange,odd guy.Perhaps we should have no referees and just let them get on with it.The ref had a good look/think from a good position just behind the action and then gave us the spot kick.Knocky started it from 40 yards away brushing off a couple of challenges superb effort to get into the position where the defender had to do something to try to affect the situation.All manner of stuff goes on in the course of the pro game we did it on numerous occasions in less dangerous areas.the defender could have left him alone but decided not to.Penalty!!Schlupp stayed well clear of anya several times when he cut into the box dare not make contact.

Wind up merchant but good poster none the less

So basically you're just hacked off because a football club has found a way of operating on a sustainable basis rather than plunging into massive debt.

Well, that's one way of rewriting what I said. No that isn't why I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed because you're able to acquire superb players with ease, you're able to do this due to multiple ownership meaning your owners have a strong incentive to loan players out to the various clubs they own. Others aren't able to do this, it's detrimental to the competition.

Your Club exists on an extraordinary amount of debt of around £100m. Because of that debt, you have been able to offer more for transfer fees and more on wages than you you could have done otherwise. It has given you a huge advantage over other Clubs that do not have a rich Thai businessman in charge.  Your Club has a history of being run above it's means having at least two dalliances with Administration in the last 10 years or so -  and you have just lost around £30m in the last year.

Will your owners stay around in the hope that they get their promotion to the Premiership so they can get some of their investment back. You better hope so!

Even so, Leicester, armed with all these "funds"  can go to any overseas Club they like to "loan" players. So can Crystal Palace, Brighton, and any other team. There is nothing to stop Leicester from going to, say, Milan, Turin, Rome, etc to "loan" 10 Italian players if they want to.  Or to Seville, Malaga or Madrid for Spanish players. You have the advantage of freedom of movement of players, just like Watford. Your owners could have spent a bit of their £100m buying another Club in Europe, setting up a scouting system and using the resultant pool of players to help Leicester get up. Instead, they poured more money down the Leicester City black hole. Don't blame Watford for their lack of foresight and vision.

So stop bitching, stop whinging, looking for excuses and trying to claim the moral high ground - when it is clear you dont have it.

We have acted immorally in the past and as a result of our actions, punishments were brought in for those who acted in a similar fashion, FFP has also come about to try and stop debt from becoming even more of an issue than it already is. I am requesting that some course of action is taken to deal with what Watford have done this season.

That statement in bold I find somewhat hard to understand - Being realistic, could you imagine us suddenly bringing in 10 players on loan from AC Milan? It's simply unthinkable, you know full well you have been able to so because your owners own several clubs.

On that point I'd like to mention something else - It is forbidden for a single group to own multiple English clubs as they could damage the competition. While owning multiple clubs in different countries is not identical it is similar and should also be banned, if not then at least transfers between these clubs should be outlawed as it allows those clubs to get access to good players for well below the market price.

Well, that's one way of rewriting what I said. No that isn't why I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed because you're able to acquire superb players with ease, you're able to do this due to multiple ownership meaning your owners have a strong incentive to loan players out to the various clubs they own. Others aren't able to do this, it's detrimental to the competition.

We have acted immorally in the past and as a result of our actions, punishments were brought in for those who acted in a similar fashion, FFP has also come about to try and stop debt from becoming even more of an issue than it already is. I am requesting that some course of action is taken to deal with what Watford have done this season.

That statement in bold I find somewhat hard to understand - Being realistic, could you imagine us suddenly bringing in 10 players on loan from AC Milan? It's simply unthinkable, you know full well you have been able to so because your owners own several clubs.

On that point I'd like to mention something else - It is forbidden for a single group to own multiple English clubs as they could damage the competition. While owning multiple clubs in different countries is not identical it is similar and should also be banned, if not then at least transfers between these clubs should be outlawed as it allows those clubs to get access to good players for well below the market price.

Are Watford actually paying wages for their loanees? If they have been handed them for free then I don't see how they can claim it is fair.

They've only signed Forestieri permanently so far and I'm pretty sure they got him for free even though if we went for him we'd probably have to pay a couple of million.

Are Watford actually paying wages for their loanees? If they have been handed them for free then I don't see how they can claim it is fair.

They've only signed Forestieri permanently so far and I'm pretty sure they got him for free even though if we went for him we'd probably have to pay a couple of million.

Yes, this is precisely the point.

Watford are paying less than they should for these players because they aren't buying their sweets from a shop. They're buying them from a parent who gives them pocket money to pay for them.

Nope, sorry. It absolutely was not a penalty.

Err yes it was Mr Oliver gave the penalty for the reasons above now jog on.

Actually think we should have had a penalty in the 1st half when one of their defenders stopped De Laet's shot going in with his hands following those corners we had.

Agreed. And none of this "it wasn't deliberate" rubbish. His arm was up and it hit it. Even looked like the shot was going in when it was blocked by the arm!! With that and the Wood offside which was onside it shows how fine margins can be in those games.

It wasn't a dive, more of an overreaction. but a penalty was correct decision because once the defender pulls a player, he's forcing the referee to make a decision

Maybe it would of been better if he was booked for diving

Cassetti puts his arm across Knockaert. Anywhere else on the pitch and it's called a foul, but in the box you are not going to get a penalty unless you go down. Yes, his fall was dramatic but it wasn't cheating.

This this and this...

It was a penalty, the defenders elbow was on Knockys neck and pushing.

Knockaert went down enthusiastically, but was certainly fouled inside the penalty area and a penalty was awarded.

If your pleased about him missing the penalty, you are an unusual type of Leicester supporter.

Normally I'd feel a little ashamed to see our players cheat like that but this situation is different, it was against Watford.

Now I have banged on about Watford's antics for some time now but for me their behaviour almost justifies cheating on our behalf. They are in no position to complain about other teams cheating when they have acted in the manner they have. Had the penalty gone in they'd have got what they deserved.

Normally I'd feel a little ashamed to see our players cheat like that but this situation is different, it was against Watford.

Now I have banged on about Watford's antics for some time now but for me their behaviour almost justifies cheating on our behalf. They are in no position to complain about other teams cheating when they have acted in the manner they have. Had the penalty gone in they'd have got what they deserved.

An eye for an eye and all that...

How have they cheated? 

Archived